• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I can't access it yet.

But, I'd like to know what it means by "those in the ministry" (the ones who can create topics there).

What ministry ... and what is the statement of faith for it ... and, how can I become a member of their number?  What are the requirements to get to that point?

I am brand new to this site, but I'm not 'brand new'.  :lightbulb2:  

I was an aspirant for a Doctorate in Biblical Studies (I selected Biblical Studies deliberately ... and it is preferred over "theology" or "divinity" or "religion" or "ministry").

It took my father 4 years to become a minister and another 4 years to become ordained.  I agree with the old way of doing things - live the life long enough, obey, minister, serve, study, visit the sick and shut in, teach, tithe ... THEN be awarded the title.  Then do the same things for another 4 years THEN become ordained.  I'm so tired of Churches making people "Pastors" almost overnight.  Long been tired of seeing a rich person or celebrity convert to Christianity, and the next thing I know, they are on TBN leading ... only to embarrass the title of "Christian" through their carnality, and even backsliding, and ultimately misrepresent God Himself.

Took Paul 13 years from his road to Damascus experience.

Daniel was a teen when he entered Babylon, but was about 85 when thrown into the lions den.

So, I believe in serving the Lord, even WITHOUT earthly titles.  But I also believe that if one is awarded with a title, they should be a laymen to prove their sincerity, dedication and faithfulness (as well as experience growth and even the fire of purification).

"My Name is mocked among the heathen, BECAUSE OF YOU!" - God

... let's not be counting among such people Brethren.  We are not to be among their numbers.

Welcome to worthy.

I sense a bit of hostility because you are not in control. You want recognized; this is evident. God knows you. In your post, I hear someone who is upset because he is not getting the recognition he believes he deserves. The street sidewalk still exist in Florida doesn't it? What are you waiting for?

Why are you not speaking up in the places you believe are wrong? Oh yeah, because of perscution. Those faces have eyes and they are all looking at you. The internet soapbox does not have glaring eyes, but the fiery darts are still there. They will still come against you hard, even here. Perscution you will still suffer.

I am amazed at your interest on your caption. You say the older you get the list keeps getting shorter. Hmmm, maybe someday "the Power of God" will be first. Huh.

I speak the truth in Him, brother. You can do nothing against the Truth; but for the Truth. With God there is no respector of persons. GOD is first, and it is best that I please Him and disregard the stature (position, title) of man. So I give to you, what He gave to me, to give to you. We look through a glass darkly, then face to face. Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaketh. So, if you are despising me, because of what I have delivered; It is not me that you despise, but God.

God bless you and welcome to worthy

wow.

1)

You "sense"?  And of whom did you "sense" this?  I only just joined.  Why in the world would I be jumping up and down saying "Pick me!  Pick me!" in less than 24 hours?  You have "sensed" wrong, and you have judged in great error.

2)

You've accused me of "hostility" ... because I asked a question?  Because I said that I'd like to be INVOLVED?  To even WORK my way up to that point of being able to SHARE with the Brethren?  What sort of Christian does NOT want that?  Who does not love the fold?  Who refuses to "feed My sheep" ... if you love Me?  You accuse me of hostility for wanting to commune WITH the Brethren?  Ypu accuse of a good thing.

You think I'm hostile ... because I see self professing "Christians" misrepresenting Christains all the time?

You accuse me of being hostile because God Himself says that His name is mocked for the actions of His people?

3)

You accuse me of "wanting to be recognized"?  Suggesting that I don't think I'm getting what I DESERVE?

How would you know what is in another mans heart? 

1Cr2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

Who are you to judge what is in a man mind?  When have we ever spoken for you to know me?  And even if we have ever spoken, how do you know my heart?  Even now you show rebellion in your false accusation.  What I WANT is to share, talk, and get enough posts in so that this whole site will open up to me so I can enjoy its FULL benefit.

Truly, "there are lizards even in the kings palace" - Solomon

And what do I "deserve" on day one of my membership?  What have I earned?  What have I longed for?  You do judge terribly, and in great error. 

4)

Yes, God knows me.  Truth is truth ... even when meant in carnal ways.

5)

You accuse me of being "upset"?  Why would I be "upset" when I'm actually EXCITED that I've finally found an online site that APPEARED (prior to your response) to be strongly moderated by Christains and contains Christian participants.  Do you know what the Scritures say about those who go aroud seeking contention and strife and fussing?  No one else feels what you said.  No one else even got that.  I don't even know how you got these "senses" (though I have an inclination).   

The only thing I'm upset about right now, is you.  I and a brother in Christ have left another online forum and {I} encouraged him to join this one becasue it seemed free from stupidity, strife, confrontation and other silly things that we were sick and tired of in that thread ... and along comes your "greeting".  But, God knows me ... as you said.

6)

You assume that I don't speak on places I "believe" are wrong.  FACT: you don't know me at all.  bad and false judgment again.  So, WHO are you getting this from?  Cause I'm telling you right now, it is NOT the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob [His Christ OR the Spirit of God].  I'll tell you that right now.  

Ignoring that fact, what does that have to do with my membership HERE?  I'm not looking for a debate.  Nor am I seeking a cup of milk or a bucket of vipers.  I'm not interested in responding in threads here for contention.  Sure, I will give a different outlook and whomever can receive it will receive it.  Whomever cannot, well, I've no desire to force them to.  Not everything that is given to me can be received by others, and vice versa.

7)

You suggest that I'm afriad of persecution.  LOL!!!  You don't know a thing about me.  I can handle persecution just fine.  But I expected THIS webpage to have a good number of Bible believing Christians in it.  So far, the only person doing any "persecution" ... is you, and your false judgements.  It's very weak, but it's also disappointing becasue I figured this site might have been different ... since it is moderated.

8)

What does my interests have to do with you?  And who told you that I listed them IN ORDER?  Again, your judgments are in great error.  Does God make such mistakes?  Heaven knows - He does not.  So again, who are you getting these things from?

Acts 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Of course it gets shorter.  As a youth, I was into a lot more things.  A lot mroe physical activities.  So obviously the list gets shorter.  Again, what is any of that to YOU?

9)

You blaspheme Him is what you do ... cause you have spoken no Truth here.

10)

You do judge in err.  Speak falsehood and the retaliation IS against you.  Who lied to you telling you that you can babble, lie, judge wrongly, falsely judge ... and that if you are refuted for your err, that its not rebuking YOU ... but God instead?  I know the Scripture well, and it does not apply.  And you have done exactly what God hates - thou shalt NOT use the Lords name in vain.  Any who do so will not escape Judgment.  How can you judge in error and falsely accuse ... and say you are speaking for and of God?

... you mention "persecution."  But I mention "discernment" ... and I have learned to discern the SPIRIT of contention ... and I know it is not of God.  I don't care what someone calls themself to be.  By their FRUITS, words and actions, they are known.

... and I know THAT spirit ... better than you know me.  I want no part of whatever it is that is festering over there.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

Donibm..........Welcome to Worthy, from a rookie myself.  You will find this place very well organized, fair, friendly and very protected.  I am not up to date on the hierarchy here but I accept it as necessary.  And Quikphilly is correct, there is no "who's who" around here other than The Lord. 

I have been tempted to start a topic from time to time.  But I don't know what the procedures are just yet.  And by starting one, do you have to monitor it hourly?  And how do you know when to end it?  After you receive the appropriate answer? I don't know.  I may someday. 

Remember to save some time for the Humor Board in the Upper Room.   :mgbowtie:

Thanks 1X1

I like your username.  1X1X1 = 1  (a unified 1)

Everyone has been very inviting ... except one.

I like this site, and deliberately joined it because of what I observed prior to membership.  I wasn't expecting a response like reds at all.  But, I may be a rookie to THIS site, but I'm no "rookie" in formal debates or the Word of God, or my walk with Jesus.

Know when to walk away.  Know when to stand firm. 

I dont' think you can't start a topic.  If the site lets you create one, create it.  lol  If it blocks you from creating one, you probably dont' have enough posts yet (I think that is a cool feature actually.  I think it's nice that people have to "prove" their walk before trying to "teach").  I dot need to be here, but I want to be.  I'm anxious to get into the meatier topics but, I've got to do more posting.  lol  .. that's so cool.

I'd imagine that you simply create the thread and than "monitor at will".  As its creator, you should monitor it so that it stays on track, or at least so you can defend/explain your own posts.  But I doubt you'd have to do it like how you are thinking.

Try it.  Create one and see.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

I can't access it yet.

But, I'd like to know what it means by "those in the ministry" (the ones who can create topics there).

What ministry ... and what is the statement of faith for it ... and, how can I become a member of their number?  What are the requirements to get to that point?

I am brand new to this site, but I'm not 'brand new'.  :lightbulb2:  

I was an aspirant for a Doctorate in Biblical Studies (I selected Biblical Studies deliberately ... and it is preferred over "theology" or "divinity" or "religion" or "ministry").

It took my father 4 years to become a minister and another 4 years to become ordained.  I agree with the old way of doing things - live the life long enough, obey, minister, serve, study, visit the sick and shut in, teach, tithe ... THEN be awarded the title.  Then do the same things for another 4 years THEN become ordained.  I'm so tired of Churches making people "Pastors" almost overnight.  Long been tired of seeing a rich person or celebrity convert to Christianity, and the next thing I know, they are on TBN leading ... only to embarrass the title of "Christian" through their carnality, and even backsliding, and ultimately misrepresent God Himself.

Took Paul 13 years from his road to Damascus experience.

Daniel was a teen when he entered Babylon, but was about 85 when thrown into the lions den.

So, I believe in serving the Lord, even WITHOUT earthly titles.  But I also believe that if one is awarded with a title, they should be a laymen to prove their sincerity, dedication and faithfulness (as well as experience growth and even the fire of purification).

"My Name is mocked among the heathen, BECAUSE OF YOU!" - God

... let's not be counting among such people Brethren.  We are not to be among their numbers.

Welcome to worthy.

I sense a bit of hostility because you are not in control. You want recognized; this is evident. God knows you. In your post, I hear someone who is upset because he is not getting the recognition he believes he deserves. The street sidewalk still exist in Florida doesn't it? What are you waiting for?

Why are you not speaking up in the places you believe are wrong? Oh yeah, because of perscution. Those faces have eyes and they are all looking at you. The internet soapbox does not have glaring eyes, but the fiery darts are still there. They will still come against you hard, even here. Perscution you will still suffer.

I am amazed at your interest on your caption. You say the older you get the list keeps getting shorter. Hmmm, maybe someday "the Power of God" will be first. Huh.

I speak the truth in Him, brother. You can do nothing against the Truth; but for the Truth. With God there is no respector of persons. GOD is first, and it is best that I please Him and disregard the stature (position, title) of man. So I give to you, what He gave to me, to give to you. We look through a glass darkly, then face to face. Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaketh. So, if you are despising me, because of what I have delivered; It is not me that you despise, but God.

God bless you and welcome to worthy

wow.

1)

You "sense"?  And of whom did you "sense" this?  I only just joined.  Why in the world would I be jumping up and down saying "Pick me!  Pick me!" in less than 24 hours?  You have "sensed" wrong, and you have judged in great error.

2)

You've accused me of "hostility" ... because I asked a question?  Because I said that I'd like to be INVOLVED?  To even WORK my way up to that point of being able to SHARE with the Brethren?  What sort of Christian does NOT want that?  Who does not love the fold?  Who refuses to "feed My sheep" ... if you love Me?  You accuse me of hostility for wanting to commune WITH the Brethren?  Ypu accuse of a good thing.

You think I'm hostile ... because I see self professing "Christians" misrepresenting Christains all the time?

You accuse me of being hostile because God Himself says that His name is mocked for the actions of His people?

3)

You accuse me of "wanting to be recognized"?  Suggesting that I don't think I'm getting what I DESERVE?

How would you know what is in another mans heart? 

1Cr2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

Who are you to judge what is in a man mind?  When have we ever spoken for you to know me?  And even if we have ever spoken, how do you know my heart?  Even now you show rebellion in your false accusation.  What I WANT is to share, talk, and get enough posts in so that this whole site will open up to me so I can enjoy its FULL benefit.

Truly, "there are lizards even in the kings palace" - Solomon

And what do I "deserve" on day one of my membership?  What have I earned?  What have I longed for?  You do judge terribly, and in great error. 

4)

Yes, God knows me.  Truth is truth ... even when meant in carnal ways.

5)

You accuse me of being "upset"?  Why would I be "upset" when I'm actually EXCITED that I've finally found an online site that APPEARED (prior to your response) to be strongly moderated by Christains and contains Christian participants.  Do you know what the Scritures say about those who go aroud seeking contention and strife and fussing?  No one else feels what you said.  No one else even got that.  I don't even know how you got these "senses" (though I have an inclination).   

The only thing I'm upset about right now, is you.  I and a brother in Christ have left another online forum and {I} encouraged him to join this one becasue it seemed free from stupidity, strife, confrontation and other silly things that we were sick and tired of in that thread ... and along comes your "greeting".  But, God knows me ... as you said.

6)

You assume that I don't speak on places I "believe" are wrong.  FACT: you don't know me at all.  bad and false judgment again.  So, WHO are you getting this from?  Cause I'm telling you right now, it is NOT the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob [His Christ OR the Spirit of God].  I'll tell you that right now.  

Ignoring that fact, what does that have to do with my membership HERE?  I'm not looking for a debate.  Nor am I seeking a cup of milk or a bucket of vipers.  I'm not interested in responding in threads here for contention.  Sure, I will give a different outlook and whomever can receive it will receive it.  Whomever cannot, well, I've no desire to force them to.  Not everything that is given to me can be received by others, and vice versa.

7)

You suggest that I'm afriad of persecution.  LOL!!!  You don't know a thing about me.  I can handle persecution just fine.  But I expected THIS webpage to have a good number of Bible believing Christians in it.  So far, the only person doing any "persecution" ... is you, and your false judgements.  It's very weak, but it's also disappointing becasue I figured this site might have been different ... since it is moderated.

8)

What does my interests have to do with you?  And who told you that I listed them IN ORDER?  Again, your judgments are in great error.  Does God make such mistakes?  Heaven knows - He does not.  So again, who are you getting these things from?

Acts 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Of course it gets shorter.  As a youth, I was into a lot more things.  A lot mroe physical activities.  So obviously the list gets shorter.  Again, what is any of that to YOU?

9)

You blaspheme Him is what you do ... cause you have spoken no Truth here.

10)

You do judge in err.  Speak falsehood and the retaliation IS against you.  Who lied to you telling you that you can babble, lie, judge wrongly, falsely judge ... and that if you are refuted for your err, that its not rebuking YOU ... but God instead?  I know the Scripture well, and it does not apply.  And you have done exactly what God hates - thou shalt NOT use the Lords name in vain.  Any who do so will not escape Judgment.  How can you judge in error and falsely accuse ... and say you are speaking for and of God?

... you mention "persecution."  But I mention "discernment" ... and I have learned to discern the SPIRIT of contention ... and I know it is not of God.  I don't care what someone calls themself to be.  By their FRUITS, words and actions, they are known.

... and I know THAT spirit ... better than you know me.  I want no part of whatever it is that is festering over there.

wow...yes, I sense a bit of hostitily. Still

God bless you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Donibm....

Praise the Lord,I know Christian Life Center,,,,visited it a few times with some friends,really nice church...I enjoyed it!I go to Radiant Living Worship Center in Deerfield Beach........maybe we will meet in person at your church one Sunday,never know?

My son lives in Sunrise,,,,,not far from you,I am all the way east Pompano Beach......cool to meet another South Floridian here! I do hope you love Worthy as much as I do(we are pretty lovable around here you know-llol)

God Bless you,see ya round the forums!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I do not mean to offend rebbell in any way but I want to apologize for his less than welcoming address to you,that is not how I wish any of us treat someone new to the fold............so please,accept my apology because Worthy Christian Forums means so very much to me and there is plenty of time for us to all get to know each other ,,,,as a matter of fact,we have all of eternity,Praise Jesus!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Wow, how did the topic change ??

The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit for the common man so that anyone who reads the Bible will understand it. It is man who parses the words and goes into the Hebrew and Greek and Aramaic but the Holy Spirit, if one asks will interpret the words of the Bible far better than anyone of any number of letters behind their name be it BA, DD, or what ever. 

I studied theology in university and my sister knew more about the Word of God than I could ever begin to know. Letters?? NO! and that goes for any minister of the gospel -' book learning ' does not much to me except that one is good at memory work and can use books and computer to come up with the right answer. The Holy Spirit is FAR better a teacher than any prof.

Blessings Donibm....

Praise the Lord,I know Christian Life Center,,,,visited it a few times with some friends,really nice church...I enjoyed it!I go to Radiant Living Worship Center in Deerfield Beach........maybe we will meet in person at your church one Sunday,never know?

My son lives in Sunrise,,,,,not far from you,I am all the way east Pompano Beach......cool to meet another South Floridian here! I do hope you love Worthy as much as I do(we are pretty lovable around here you know-llol)

God Bless you,see ya round the forums!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I do not mean to offend rebbell in any way but I want to apologize for his less than welcoming address to you,that is not how I wish any of us treat someone new to the fold............so please,accept my apology because Worthy Christian Forums means so very much to me and there is plenty of time for us to all get to know each other ,,,,as a matter of fact,we have all of eternity,Praise Jesus!!!!

We're doing a lot of good things at CLC. 

We had Paster Moses ???? (African Pastor) in our Revival last year.  Powerful, powerful, powerful preacher!

We're doing Missions right now.  We do it annually.  So, we focus on other countries and their needs this time of the year.

I don't like using all the other "translations" of the Bible, and that was an innitial turn off for me, but, each person should learn for themselves, and what I know about those books is what I share with my immideate family, not the Church family (why should my brother be destroyed for my knowledge)?  But, that is the only thing I don't like about CLC ... but I can look past that.  He is bold enough to talk about sin, even sexual sins.  He is bold enough to talk about Hell at times.  He focuses on themes so, one sunday to the next is not "broken".  I like it.

No worries about red.  I can actually take a lot, lot, lot worst.  It's just that I literally left another thread that was full of contention, psuedoChristians, deliberate liars, contenders, accusers, weak brethren ... and I was just fed up.  Soul was greived.  I thought Worthy was a "breathe of fresh air" ... thinking that I've FINALLY found a Christain site that is predominately ... Christains.  So, it's not that I was hurt (I didn't report it to any moderator), just disappointed.  ... but I'm very capable of defending myself agaisnt false accusations, as well as the Word of God.  I'm already over it.  :-)

I think what upsets me the most with "opposition" is that people suggest they "hear it from God".  That is the part that aggitates me the most.  Like, I accuse you of what you KNOW is false, and say that I "discerned" it and "speak Gods Truth" ... right after i said that God is mocked by the behavior of men and that He hates His name being used in vain.  See, even a misunderstanding does not yeild that.  I think we throw around "God" too loosely.  And I know that is something He HATES.

I learned something late last year.  We've all read it over and over and over again.  We KNOW the Scripture, but it never actually hit me.

"Woe to you scribes and Pharisees"

We always think of only the Pharisee ... and we completely miss the SCRIBE.

Jesus is saying that the WRITERS are just as gulity as the SPEAKERS!

... its a powerful word for those of us who TYPE (write) in online threads.  I see tons of Biblical errors in online threads.  Judgments.  Falsehood. ... and powerful truths.  We need to be careful.

Blessings donibm,,,,,

I know what you mean,drives me a little cuckoo too,,,,,,,But seriously we must pray for them ,it is not good to give false witness(putting it mildly),,,,,irreverance comes from the proud & haughty,they will be held accountable

I was just telling a Brother in Christ that I do everything I can to avoid debate,with good reason.....many years ago I was prideful & arrogant,always having to prove my point,presenting all my evidence so everyone could see how "smart "I was.....in my opinion nothing necessitates a Christian to debate ,all matters can be "discussed" & reasoned together or simply agree to disagree         "Oh but the WORD of GOD says this!"     Some people will not accept it can be a matter of interpretation,if it differs from theirs-YOUR"E WRONG!!!!      Don,I'll be wrong all day long,I only seek Gods approval

I like that your Pastor has "themes",,,,we do the same thing at Radiant & it is great,our Pastor is bold & confident in the Word of God also and talks about everything"full Gospel"....Halleluliah!

Your word about "Scribes" is WiLD!!!!! Watch out-LOL    very good advice really

God Bless you ,you should also stop by the chat room & say "Hi"......there are some wonderful people there(24/7 live chat)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, how did the topic change ??

The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit for the common man so that anyone who reads the Bible will understand it. It is man who parses the words and goes into the Hebrew and Greek and Aramaic but the Holy Spirit, if one asks will interpret the words of the Bible far better than anyone of any number of letters behind their name be it BA, DD, or what ever. 

I studied theology in university and my sister knew more about the Word of God than I could ever begin to know. Letters?? NO! and that goes for any minister of the gospel -' book learning ' does not much to me except that one is good at memory work and can use books and computer to come up with the right answer. The Holy Spirit is FAR better a teacher than any prof.

Of course the Holy Spirit is the ultimate teacher, but it is the Spirit who gives Christian humans the spiritual gift of teaching!  And the fact that the Spirit teaches, does not excuse us from the necessity of studying to show ourselves approved to God a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

Pitting the study of God's word in the original languages vs the Holy Spirit is a very false dichotomy.  It is not man who wrote the verb and noun forms (parsing), but God Himself when He breathed out His word in those forms.  His creation should be appreciated and His servants honored who spend much time & effort attending teaching classes, laboring in the Word, conducted by men with the spiritual gift of teaching.  Men who labor in the Word are worthy of double honor (see 1 Timothy).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Welcome!

Blessings LittleLamb!

I do apologize for getting off topic,it was me you were referring to I believe? I got excited that our new Brother is from my neck of the woods & figured since  he was the OP no one would really mind.........please accept my apology,Sis

With love-in Christ,Kwik