WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,480
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

The United States warned Russia on Wednesday against military intervention in Ukraine and said any incursion could lead to a broad international backlash.

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The United States, United Nations and others would react, Kerry said, without specifying how.

You mean like you did with North Korea and Syria?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"Kerry suggested it would be hypocritical for Russia to send in forces after objecting so forcefully to outside military action in Syria and Libya, but he also stressed that Washington is not looking for a fight ...

"'There’s got to be some reality here,' Kerry said. 'I don’t think it’s enough for us to be heralding the advent of democracy and to applaud the courage and conviction of the people who brought about this transition and then just not do anything ...'"

But the "reality" is that nothing is exactly what the US is going to do, and Putin knows it.
So where's Obama's "courage and conviction"?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

wars and rumors of wars

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm starting to find the situation there to be rather bothersome....    can't put my finger on just why, but it really bothers me.

The stakes are kind of high for Russia and dumb mistakes that cause global wars come out of situations like this.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm starting to find the situation there to be rather bothersome....    can't put my finger on just why, but it really bothers me.

The stakes are kind of high for Russia and dumb mistakes that cause global wars come out of situations like this.

Former Chicago "Community Organizer" vs. former head of KGB.

What's there to be bothered about?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

It's a valid concern anytime troops are crossing borders in europe. And, yes, this is how global wars can start, though, I don't expect that to happen in this particular case. At the end of the day the only way that the US could stop russia from taking ukraine is with direct military intervention. Doing that could lead to a far wider conflict that could end up involving nuclear weapons. I'm not willing for that to happen, I'm sure very few are. Putin feels that he has obama pegged. From now until obama is no longer president, for the US to tell russia to do or not to do anything will be pointless, because Putin will not believe it has teeth of any sort, he will call every single bluff obama makes from here on out.

Just like this thing with the russian parliament "approving" force in ukraine. It's not shocking at all that this comes the day after obama goes on television and tells russia not to mess with ukraine. It may have never even went before russian parliament had obama not said that? Putin certainly doesn't need parliament's approval to act. This seems like it was their way of announcing it to the world, a day after the US president made the strongest statement of it yet. Bottom line, from here on out, us getting involved in affairs with russia in a public an open manner is only going to make matters worse, not better, in my opinion, of course.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The people of Eastern Ukraine support Putin and want to do business with Russia - the people of Western Ukraine want to join the EU.

Let them fight it out between themselves.

I know who I would prefer....................

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's a valid concern anytime troops are crossing borders in europe. And, yes, this is how global wars can start, though, I don't expect that to happen in this particular case. At the end of the day the only way that the US could stop russia from taking ukraine is with direct military intervention. Doing that could lead to a far wider conflict that could end up involving nuclear weapons. I'm not willing for that to happen, I'm sure very few are. Putin feels that he has obama pegged. From now until obama is no longer president, for the US to tell russia to do or not to do anything will be pointless, because Putin will not believe it has teeth of any sort, he will call every single bluff obama makes from here on out.

Just like this thing with the russian parliament "approving" force in ukraine. It's not shocking at all that this comes the day after obama goes on television and tells russia not to mess with ukraine. It may have never even went before russian parliament had obama not said that? Putin certainly doesn't need parliament's approval to act. This seems like it was their way of announcing it to the world, a day after the US president made the strongest statement of it yet. Bottom line, from here on out, us getting involved in affairs with russia in a public an open manner is only going to make matters worse, not better, in my opinion, of course.

I think that's what is bothering me....    Putin doesn't think that Obama has teeth, but what if Obama is pushed by circumstances and his own military to bite....  what happens then....    I don't see Obama having the experience in knowing when to do something and when not...

Add to that the number of people who would not mind lowering the population of the world by about 5 billion people and you have a different situation......   and a lot of those people are in the UN....     I can't put my finger on any one thing yet, but there are red flags everywhere...

That area is simply too important to Russia to let it completely go western...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

I think that's what is bothering me....    Putin doesn't think that Obama has teeth, but what if Obama is pushed by circumstances and his own military to bite....  what happens then....    I don't see Obama having the experience in knowing when to do something and when not...

Add to that the number of people who would not mind lowering the population of the world by about 5 billion people and you have a different situation......   and a lot of those people are in the UN....     I can't put my finger on any one thing yet, but there are red flags everywhere...

That area is simply too important to Russia to let it completely go western...

If putin actually thought obama would send in troops, I doubt he'd have done this. I don't think he wants a huge war against the US. It's clear that he doesn't. If obama all of the sudden decides that this is the moment to make a stand against putin and does so in a sporadic and unexpected manner, the likelihood is the breakout of legitimate war. I don't see a war between russia and the US (where there is direct on the ground engagement) not degrading into a nuclear conflict.