missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

When will the righteous stand before the great white throne ?

The righteous will not stand and be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment.  The Great White Throne Judgment is a trial for all the the resurrected wicked dead.  All those who rejected God's call to salvation.  Every person who lived on the earth that refused to accept God's way to redemption from sin will kneel before their Creator at this time and acknowledge that He is God.  One should bow their knee in this life and confess Jesus is Lord accepting him but if one does not bow and confess in this life.  Then they shall bow their knee and confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord at the Great White Throne Judgment of the ressurected wicked dead.

The righteous will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ or Bema Judgment which takes place immediately after the rapture.  Apostle affirms this in 2 Corinthians 5:10 where the believers will receive the things done in their body whether good or bad.  Believer at the Judgment Seat (Bema) of Christ will be recompensed or rewarded for the deeds they have done in their body while they lived upon the earth.       

The white throne and the judgement of seat of Jesus is one and the same

Also their are people who bow and confess Jesus is Lord now and still will be lost 

When the righteous have been taken they have already been judged and hence they were taken 

The Judgment Seat of Christ/Bema Seat judgment is for the believers.They will be judged as soon as there bodies are resurrected in the rapture.The White Throne judgment is for the unbelievers at the end of the Millenium.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

The Judgment Seat of Christ/Bema Seat judgment is for the believers.They will be judged as soon as there bodies are resurrected in the rapture.The White Throne judgment is for the unbelievers at the end of the Millenium.

Amen, Bo! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Izzel, on 11 March 2014 - 01:41 AM said:

The white throne and the judgment seat of Jesus is one and the same.

The judgment of the resurrected righteous believers does not take place at the same time as the judgment of the resurrected wicked dead.  According to the scriptures already discussed these two judgments the white throne judgment and the judgment seat of Christ are two seperate events and judgments that will take place.  If you have scriptural support for your view of these two judgments being one and the same then I will take them into account.

When the resurrected righteous dead and the remaining saints alive on the earth at the time of the rapture will be taken out of the world.  It is at that time the resurrected righteous dead and those saints who were alive on the earth  were changed in the twinkling of an eye will all stand at the judgment seat (bema) of Christ and be judged for the things they did in their body while they lived on the earth.  All saints from all ages will stand in a glorified body before Christ and recieve recompense and rewards and in this state they will live forever and ever.  Scripture that shows this as a seperate event held at a different time are found in.......

1Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others do which have no hope.  For  if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first:    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:  and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This resurrection of the righteous saints and the saints still alive are both caught up together and taken from this world.  The is a seperate scene which is found in the book of Revelation 20:11-15 being at the resurrection of the wicked dead from all ages that will stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Izzel, on 11 March 2014 - 01:41 AM said:

Also their are people who bow and confess Jesus is Lord now and still will be lost.

I was speaking from the OT and NT scriptures found in.....

Romans 14:11-12 - For it is written,  As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me. and every tongue shall confess to God.  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 

Isaiah 45:23 - I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return.  That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear (confess). 

If one in this life continues to walk proudly and will not humble themselves and confess acknowledging that Jesus is Lord.  They will in fact do so in the next life.  So in this life every person should confess while there is opportunity and God's longsuffering lingereth.  Because it will come to a close and one's opportunity for salvation will be lost eternally.  When in the next life the wicked find out that Jesus indeed is Lord and they shall bow their knee and confess with their mouths to God.  That confession on the other side will not take their eternal punishment away from the lake of fire which burneth forver. 

Izzel, on 11 March 2014 - 01:41 said:

When the righteous have been taken they have already been judged and hence they were taken.

Again if you have scriptures to support this view I will be happy to consider them but I have not found that to be the case in my personal study.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't Rev 20:4-6 show that the faithful followers in Christ are the ones in the first resurrection who lived in and reigned with Christ.a thousand years. They have already been judged to rule with Him. They are the first fruits.

The  rest of the dead -unbelievers, people who know nothing of Christ are not resurrected until after the thousand years

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

I have recently read that there are two books that God keeps of all those on this Earth.Their is "The Lamb's Book of Life" that is where all the people who are saved and who are going to heaven are written.There is also a "Book of the Living" .That is a book that has every human that has even been born in it.Also the unbelievers.There is much debate on these books.What do you think?

I believe they are the same book.

Guest DRS81

I have recently read that there are two books that God keeps of all those on this Earth.Their is "The Lamb's Book of Life" that is where all the people who are saved and who are going to heaven are written.There is also a "Book of the Living" .That is a book that has every human that has even been born in it.Also the unbelievers.There is much debate on these books.What do you think?

How so.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

How so.

I have no reason to think they wouldn't be.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't Rev 20:4-6 show that the faithful followers in Christ are the ones in the first resurrection who lived in and reigned with Christ.a thousand years. They have already been judged to rule with Him. They are the first fruits.

The  rest of the dead -unbelievers, people who know nothing of Christ are not resurrected until after the thousand years

Hi fruitfull77, I didn't want to leave you hanging as you have a valid question. But I don't want to hijack the thread either with prophecy which entails alot of teaching. Here is the scripture text you are asking about....

Revelation 20:1-6 - AND I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled and after that he must be loosed a little season.   And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image , neither had recieved his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  But the rest of the dead live not again until the thousand years were finished.  This is the first resurrection. 

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:  on such the second death hath no power,  but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reighn with him a thousand years.

First of all,  all of the believing saints will be a part of the first resurrection.  It is being called the first resurrection because these saints spoken of in the scriptural text who survived the tribulation period who had not worshipped the beast or taken the mark of the beast.  These saints who had remained faithful and steadfast to God will at the end of the tribulation period and at the beginning of the 1000 year millinenial reign of Christ on earth.  Will join those in the first resurrection and will rule and reign with Christ as these triumphant tribulation saints too will have part with those in the first resurrection.  Also the 144,000 Jews in Revelation 7:1-8  that were sealed during the tribulation will join and have a part in the first resurrection ruling and reigning with Christ in the 1000 year millenial reign of Christ.  These Jews who will be sealed during the tribulation period will be encouraged in Revelation 6:10-11 that they should rest a little season, until their brethren, that should be killed as they were should be fulfilled (speaking of the saints who didn't worship the beast nor took his mark).  hope this helped some. blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Hi fruitfull77, I didn't want to leave you hanging as you have a valid question. But I don't want to hijack the thread either with prophecy which entails alot of teaching. Here is the scripture text you are asking about....

Revelation 20:1-6 - AND I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled and after that he must be loosed a little season.   And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image , neither had recieved his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  But the rest of the dead live not again until the thousand years were finished.  This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:  on such the second death hath no power,  but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reighn with him a thousand years.

First of all,  all of the believing saints will be a part of the first resurrection.  It is being called the first resurrection because these saints spoken of in the scriptural text who survived the tribulation period who had not worshipped the beast or taken the mark of the beast.  These saints who had remained faithful and steadfast to God will at the end of the tribulation period and at the beginning of the 1000 year millinenial reign of Christ on earth.  Will join those in the first resurrection and will rule and reign with Christ as these triumphant tribulation saints too will have part with those in the first resurrection.  Also the 144,000 Jews in Revelation 7:1-8  that were sealed during the tribulation will join and have a part in the first resurrection ruling and reigning with Christ in the 1000 year millenial reign of Christ.  These Jews who will be sealed during the tribulation period will be encouraged in Revelation 6:10-11 that they should rest a little season, until their brethren, that should be killed as they were should be fulfilled (speaking of the saints who didn't worship the beast nor took his mark).  hope this helped some. blessings

Yes-concur that all the saints in Christ including the 144,000 and the great multitude of verse 9 in Rev 7 and also the saints from the beginning of time like Abraham and David, the apostles, etc take part in the first resurrection. those that are alive will be changed into spirit and along with  those from the graves will rise into immortality to join Christ in the air and then reign with Him for the 1000 year period.

then after the 1,000 year mill the rest of the dead (not yet in Christ) rise in the second resurrection-Rev20:5 

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.:"

later the Great White Throne judgment happens.

Are we still on the right track?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,I think they are one and the same.The Lambs book of life and the Book of Life.But if someone is not in that book they are not saved.But I understand there is "A book of the living".I am not quite sure about this book.