fire-heart

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Despite my strong belief in God and our Savior ... there is a small iota of a percentage within me that fears that all of this is all ... I don't want to say "a joke" or "fake", but that Christianity really did start as a way to control the people and it took off on its own. But then again, there is so much historical and archeological evidence that events and people of the Bible existed. That's what I fear ... that when we die .. there really isn't a God or heaven. And I hate that fear so much.

My strong suggestion is to examine the life, work, and words of Jesus Christ as foundational. There is no Christianity apart from the person of Jesus, and He left a rock solid testimony in the New Testament writings concerning Himself. The evils of certain church organizations through the centuries, supposedly in the name of Jesus, show what they really are in comparison to Jesus Himself and their lack of real love. Jesus then sent the Holy Spirit in His place (John chapters 14-17) so that we would always have His very presence with us. It is the person of God the Holy Spirit who assures you that you are in the faith and secre in your relationship with Jesus Christ. Perfect love casts out ALL fear, and the love of Holy Spirit is perfect and strong! draw near to Him and He draws near to you. It is ALL about an abiding and intimate relationship with the living God. Everything else falls into place out of the strength and power of relationship.

Blessings, Andy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Despite my strong belief in God and our Savior ... there is a small iota of a percentage within me that fears that all of this is all ... I don't want to say "a joke" or "fake", but that Christianity really did start as a way to control the people and it took off on its own. But then again, there is so much historical and archeological evidence that events and people of the Bible existed. That's what I fear ... that when we die .. there really isn't a God or heaven. And I hate that fear so much.

My strong suggestion is to examine the life, work, and words of Jesus Christ as foundational. There is no Christianity apart from the person of Jesus, and He left a rock solid testimony in the New Testament writings concerning Himself. The evils of certain church organizations through the centuries, supposedly in the name of Jesus, show what they really are in comparison to Jesus Himself and their lack of real love. Jesus then sent the Holy Spirit in His place (John chapters 14-17) so that we would always have His very presence with us. It is the person of God the Holy Spirit who assures you that you are in the faith and secre in your relationship with Jesus Christ. Perfect love casts out ALL fear, and the love of Holy Spirit is perfect and strong! draw near to Him and He draws near to you. It is ALL about an abiding and intimate relationship with the living God. Everything else falls into place out of the strength and power of relationship.

Blessings, Andy

Andy,

You have provided an awesome answer! And it was something I needed to hear again ... so thank you so very much for taking the time to write it out.

I've only become a true believer in the last 1.5 years ... so I do have some personal "kinks" to work out (old habits, etc). I think that is where the "fear" is coming from mostly.

Time, prayer, and further Scriptural study, all via the Holy Spirit, will heal me of this lingering fear. :halo:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The Bible tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound and well balanced mind.  

We all fear at times, that is part of  the human side of us.  However the enemy can only have as much power over us as we allow.  We are also taught that we are to walk by faith and not by sight. 

So I would suggest when fear comes against you and it will, that you speak to that fear with the word of God.  The enemy cannot stand against the truth and will have to flee.

Because He Lives, Rustyangel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Please fezz what is the question again ?

His question

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

perfect love casteth out fear

as we live, move, and breath; we do so unto God. He is all that should matter in our lives. He is life. My life is not my own,................

God bless you all

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Good question.

I fear a number of things ... but none of them control me because I have the Blessed Hope of my Redeemer.

I fear physical torture.  Maybe because I've studied to brutality of the Catholic Institution and Islam.  As Solomon said, much study wearies the soul.  The more I know/learn, the more my sorrow is increased.  I know exactly what Solomon was talking about.  And torture by way of sharing the Gospel.  I don't mean being beat up, or attacked, or stoned (I'm no small, frail creature, so if someone wants to do me physical harm, they will CONSIDER the repercussions of their actions before they try anything).  And no, I wish to "do no harm to any man" ... so fighting back is really not an option (but this doesn't mean I will cower either, because I won't).  What I'm talking about it ORGANIZED torture.  Seized by a militant or religious group.  Tortured as the days of old.  Terrible, brutal torture.  As bad as being buried alive would feel, and as much as I know that those who have been buried alive had sever panic (exhumed coffins show gnawed off fingers, or scratched faces, or injury to the body in desperately trying to get out) ... but I think I can manage that, for my MIND can be stayed on God.  And I know His eyes are in every place.  He will see me, and He will remain with me.  The same for being tortured too.  But that is for them to sway your religions preference (deny Jesus).  I think I would rather be buried alive.

Really, I'd prefer none of that.

My second fear is FAILING.  Turning from God.  It is so easy to be overcome when not staying prayerful.  Sometimes, it is so gradual for some, they don't even know that they have backsliden ... until they actually turn around and look to see how far from the path they have wondered. 

My simple fear, though not as great as the first two, is being WRONG.  Yes, all of you true Believers should have a measure of this fear.  After all, it is a command. 

"Work out your OWN Salvation with FEAR {and} TREMBLING" - Bible

The Word of God shows that "MANY will try to enter, but will not be able to".  That is very profound for me.  So many seek God, but will not find Him.  I constantly judge myself to ensure that I am not counted among such half-baked believers.  Always.  I am also careful with His Word because it is not some novel to be handled and debated like it is in online threads.  Too many distortions.  Too many opinions.  Too many people who have hardly read the Scriptures think they know them, and think they can instruct others.  Such rebellion!  Such arrogance! I guarantee you that such people have no voice in their Church ... assuming they even go to Church ... and that Church IS a "Church".

There must be a "great falling away" from doctrine and truth, so of course I have some measure of fear.

There are the winds of doctrines that are strong arguments, and seem right, but they are words of poison and decay.

Christ the solid rock I stand.  ALL other ground is sinking sand.  And sometimes that is the opinion of a fellow believer as well.  I do not subscribe to all the false and bizarre teachings or beliefs that seem to have captivated many within the fold.

These are the three things I fear the most, written in order of most feared to least.

There is such a high mark to press for in our Christian walk.  I fear failing to be a perfect example for my son and wife.  But I think I know the remedy for that:

"While you slept, your enemy sowed seeds" - parable of Jesus

So, don't sleep.  Pray always.  Worship.  Seek God.  Read His Word.  Do His will.  He will keep the devourer from destroying my soul, and the soul of my family.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

God gave me a message one time on the fear of Paul, Paul to whom had gone through so much for the Kingdom of God, would appear to be fearless, But He once said that he was fearful of the state of the Church or what he would find in church, or what was going on in church the next time he would be in church. being a person of visiting multi-denominations, I think what our children are being preached is what I fear the most.

2 Cor 12:20

20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

KJV

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

There's a good book called "heaven is real", it's about a child who went to heaven and came back. Inspiring true story :).

I'm hesitant about those books. I have the recent famous one about the Doctor who saw heaven also. I just don't know if they can be believed.

I too don't trust stuff like that.

I also am a skeptic by nature. But I personally knew a little boy, 4 years old, who had pneumonia and was clinicaly dead but had an "out of the body experience". His experience was so vivid that he did not want to return to his family, and begged not to be resusitated in the future. His underlying disease was cystic fibrosis. Though I still prayed for God to heal him, he did die about a year after that experience. I was with him in his final days. No one wrote a book or went around for speaking engagements.

Such experiences are fairly common, and were discussed when I was in nursing school.

I know another man who saw himself in hell. He had been a self appointed apostle and claimed pastors were to come under his authority. Not so after the farm accident in which he had also been delared clinicly dead. He came back humbled and glorifying God. So I give give some credence though grudgingly.

Still another was a Baptist pastor who spoke at our church. He had been dead for 45 minutes as verified by the hospital. His discriptions were very Bibical and also much like others I had heard but with more detail; he saw Jesus much like Revelation 1, and he also discribed odors and seeing forms of ancestors he had never met, and a cousin he did not know had been saved. He was awed and overwhelmed by what he saw, and also did not want to come back. Our pastor concluded it by saying that all we can really trust is the Bible. But our pastor rarely turns his pulpit over to those outside our church--in 10 years only 2 or 3 times. I am more apt to believe these accounts than visions of angels.

Adisciple, all seeds of doubting God's word are planted by the enemy, from the time he asked Eve "has God indeed said?" just as faith is a gift from God. So just consider the source.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Perfect love casts out fear.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

OK, I admit that I fear dental work, and I fear house fires at night, and one way gravel mountain roads with steep cliffs on each side, and rope suspension foot bridges over deep canyons. Those are genuine phobias, terrors based on life experiences.