IGNORED

are we madly fall in love with Jesus or the world?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes we either love Christ or the world we can not love both.

Amen  brother, and I choose Jesus!

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Love Jesus as my Lord and Savior, Creator, Redeemer and Judge.  But I am not madly "in love" with Jesus.  That is a human concept, not a biblical concept.  

Being "in love" is an emotional thing.  We confuse love with affection.  Biblical love is something you do, not something you are "in."   Being "in love" is a romantic notion.  I don't see Jesus in romantic overtones.

shiloh,Madly in love is an "earthly" term meaning we love that person very much.Not necessarily a earthly intimate sexual term.We are only human.We relate alot of our "earthly" feelings and terms to Jesus.He understands this.Jesus is extremely understanding.You are over analyzing this.

I love my mother very much, but I am not "in love" with my mother.  "In love" is an earthly term and you never hear it used outside of a romantic context.  No one says they are "in love" with their brothers, sisters, or any other relative or friend.  The only people we are ever "in love" with is a person to whom we are attracted to physically/sexually.  It is a not a general term of affection but is very specific to a particular kind of relationship.

I still think you are over analyzing it.I am still in love with Jesus.....

Guest shiloh357

Love Jesus as my Lord and Savior, Creator, Redeemer and Judge.  But I am not madly "in love" with Jesus.  That is a human concept, not a biblical concept.  

Being "in love" is an emotional thing.  We confuse love with affection.  Biblical love is something you do, not something you are "in."   Being "in love" is a romantic notion.  I don't see Jesus in romantic overtones.

shiloh,Madly in love is an "earthly" term meaning we love that person very much.Not necessarily a earthly intimate sexual term.We are only human.We relate alot of our "earthly" feelings and terms to Jesus.He understands this.Jesus is extremely understanding.You are over analyzing this.

I love my mother very much, but I am not "in love" with my mother.  "In love" is an earthly term and you never hear it used outside of a romantic context.  No one says they are "in love" with their brothers, sisters, or any other relative or friend.  The only people we are ever "in love" with is a person to whom we are attracted to physically/sexually.  It is a not a general term of affection but is very specific to a particular kind of relationship.

That is still not biblical.  I realize it makes you happy, but we need to be biblcial.  I am not over analyzing it.  I am being biblical.   Being "in love"  with Jesus isn't a biblical paradigm and frankly, our relationship should ONLY be within a biblical paradigm because that is the only standard by which we can know that we are pleasing God. 

That is still not biblical.  I realize it makes you happy, but we need to be biblcial.  I am not over analyzing it.  I am being biblical.   Being "in love"  with Jesus isn't a biblical paradigm and frankly, our relationship should ONLY be within a biblical paradigm because that is the only standard by which we can know that we are pleasing God. 

We will have to agree to disagree on this.

6e4cc0525df0acac7a9cd4ed1858c951.jpg

Guest shiloh357

We will have to agree to disagree on this.

6e4cc0525df0acac7a9cd4ed1858c951.jpg

More like, we will have to be biblical and unbiblical on this.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Love that is willing to die for another, cannot be explained through obedience only.

Jesus was known to shed tears.

Love is an emotion and love that is generated by the Holy Spirit can be like falling in love only better because you KNOW the ONE you love is not going to fail you.

I disagree.  I think you are actually putting a definition on what some have expressed that does not exisit.

I am positive that God accepts every word of love from the hearts and lips of those who love Him and I have never found a biblical forumula for how one should express that love to their Savior.

What concerns God most, is the expression of the heart and whether or not that heart is His.  

I don't walk around saying 'I'm in love with Jesus' but I wouldn't nit pick on those who do.  There are so many doctrinal errors that abound already, surely we don't have to

knock those who express devotion differently than we do?

Love that is willing to die for another, cannot be explained through obedience only.

Love is an emotion and love that is generated by the Holy Spirit can be like falling in love only better because you KNOW the ONE you love is not going to fail you.

I disagree.  I think you are actually putting a definition on what some have expressed that does not exisit.

I am positive that God accepts every word of love from the hearts and lips of those who love Him and I have never found a biblical forumula for how one should express that love to their Savior.

What concerns God most, is the expression of the heart and whether or not that heart is His.  

I don't walk around saying 'I'm in love with Jesus' but I wouldn't nit pick on those who do.  There are so many doctrinal errors that abound already, surely we don't have to

knock those who express devotion differently than we do?

:thumbsup:  I agree.....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

To concentrate of the Love of our Savior Jesus is more important that to concentrate on "doing right."

Guest shiloh357

Love isn't an emotion, biblically.   You are confusing love and affection.   In our culture we define love as an emotion, but biblically, it isn't. In the Bible love is always defined by what you do and never by how you feel.

God always sets the terms as to how He will be approached.  He is under no obligation to accept whatever we offer Him.  When we start talking about God in romantic terms, we have left the biblical realm and have resorted to offering a strange fire.   In our relationships, those who love us seek to offer that love in accordance to what we will accept.  You never "love' someone in your own way, but you seek to love that person in the manner that avoids doing things that bother them.

We  are supposed to love God biblically, not on our own terms and expect Him to just accept whatever we offer.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

So when the Bible states that God is love, it only means that He acts like He is?

That is what you state when you say love is not an emotion.  Of course it is an emotion in the Bible...the Bible is filled with emotions and even describes God as having emotions.

Yes, love acts in love...however, to say one acts like an emotionless creature because the Bible tells us how love ACTS is not correct IMO

Where do the words compassionate, kind, long-suffering fit in as they are all parts of the description of how love BEHAVES

If Jesus did not feel any emotion, surely He would not have cried over Jerusalem?

Do people FEEL for others because it is dictated they should, or because they have a heart that weeps when others weep and laughs when others laugh?

I do not believe you can make a case for love being only an action and not a genuine emotion.  That sounds an awful lot like fear to me, and perfect love, God's love, casts out fear.

I can promise you I love God biblically...how on earth would I or anyone else love God unbiblically?

The Bible says that the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts.......I am sure you know what the Bible means by heart...it does not mean the beating organ in our chest....

I'm sorry, but God is love and love feels and love acts

You really cannot have one without the other.    God created us in His image......apparently that includes emotion.

I would be scared of a god that had no feelings and only acted out of a sense of His own righteousness...He is far more than that and while I myself do not say I am in love with Him,

I can say I do love Him and He fills my heart with His peace and assurance that He loves me back

And I think that just maybe that is what others here are trying to say

Yes, God does set the term as to how we approach Him.  The following is that term:

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,f Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4

We approach God through the blood of His Son...those are God's terms and we can approach God's throne of GRACE with CONFIDENCE because we have a HIGH PRIEST who is ABLE to

empathize with our weaknesses.

That is as Biblical as it gets IMO

No need to bring sin, repentance and dead works and all the other things one might object to with regard to coming before God.  That, I am assuming has been settled, if people are here

saying how much they love God.  They understand they should fear God in reverence because He is Holy.

All of God's attributes are holy...His love is Holy...which is one reason people like to bathe in His presence so much!

I have never heard the objections to love being an emotion as well as an action (verb) that you ascribe to...I have read numerous of your posts wherein you have made that

statement and of course we should not be frivilous or think we can live however we want and then say we love God...but I don't think anyone is saying that