fire-heart

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I suggest that you look at Israel and the blood moons. 

The War of Independence — 1948

• Passover, April 13, 1949
  • Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
  • Passover, April 2, 1950
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950

The Six-Day War — 1967

• First Day of Passover, April 24, 1967
  • First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 18, 1967
  • First Day of Passover. April 13, 1968
  • First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 6, 1968

Leave the hype and conspiracy theories alone and look at Israels history.

Yes,these things have already come to pass.In Matthew God says that we are not to look at tomorrow.Leave it to Him.

As I said on another thread, these eclipses for this year are NOT visible in Israel.

A blood moon is a total eclipse of a full moon, which makes the moon look pinkish. This one will be visible from the U.S. but not Israel. Blood moons are not that unusual. Tetrads are less usual (eclipsed full moons 6 months apart). but again, these will not be visible in Israel.

Rev.  6:12

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The Sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair. The whole Moon turned blood red.”

If the sun doesn't turn black in the next couple of days, a sign is missing. Plus, again, this must occur visibly in Israel which it won't.    

Do you have data as to where the blood moon were viewed from for 194, 1040, 1967 and 1968?  Were they viewable from Israel then?  I tried to find the information, but gave up after looking through enough conspiracy sites.

Edited to add the link to NASA Eclipse Web Site, which is very interesting and informative.

I suggest that you look at Israel and the blood moons.

The War of Independence — 1948

• Passover, April 13, 1949
  • Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
  • Passover, April 2, 1950
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950

The Six-Day War — 1967

• First Day of Passover, April 24, 1967
  • First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 18, 1967
  • First Day of Passover. April 13, 1968
  • First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 6, 1968

Leave the hype and conspiracy theories alone and look at Israels history.

Yes, these things have already come to pass. In Matthew God says that we are not to look at tomorrow. Leave it to Him.

Interesting comment from you, Bo ... since you are usually pretty active in the rapture threads.  I fail to see how it is OK to discuss the rapture while we should leave the blood moons alone?  Can you help me understand??

I consider it a form of date setting. I am never ok with that pre-trib or not.

:thumbsup:

The Other Reason The Sun

Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night.

They will serve as signs for festivals

and for days and years. Genesis 1:14 (HCSB)

And The Moon Were Created

Hear the word that the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel.

Thus says the Lord:

“Learn not the way of the nations,

nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens

because the nations are dismayed at them, Jeremiah 10:1-2

Believe It

“Do not forget this! Keep it in mind!

Remember this, you guilty ones.

Remember the things I have done in the past.

For I alone am God!

I am God, and there is none like me.

Only I can tell you the future

before it even happens.

Everything I plan will come to pass,

for I do whatever I wish. Isaiah 46:8-10 (NIV)

Or Not

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2 (KJV)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,111
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I would have to agree with fire-heart on two things.....    First people really did hype December 2012.....    talks of the Mayans predicting a catastrophic end of the world.....    well they did reset their calender, but they never said it would be the end of the world....   Neither did the Aztec's or the Chinese Sumerian Egyptians or the Cherokee Indians......     What they said was that their old gods would return and a new age would commence....

Likewise other than Mark Blitz I don't see a lot of serious Bible people saying Jesus will return......    Actually the blood moons really aren't covered in detail in prophecy other than the moor turning to blood just before Jesus returns.....    but it doesn't talk about four times.

The blood moons that are being talked about concern actual history much more so than scripture.....    And even with history, the things that happened to Israel as these blood moons came about didn't happen on the blood moons, but within a year or so either before or after.

I might add that when we were in Mexico last year visiting the Mayan ruins I asked two Mayan priests if Bolon Yokte Ku'h had returned.....     they looked very shocked at the question and would not answer ..        I would only say that we will not know if these old gods have started some things in the background to bring about the Antichrist.

Likewise we really may not see things on the surface during the next year or so to know if these blood moons really have any effect on world things.  It could be some time before we know.......    and then again maybe not.

I can tell you that there are significant things happening in the spiritual world that don't make sense to me right now......   things are changing....   old spirits are bugging our place that have been dormant for 25 years.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

believe me i know the history of the blood moons and israel which is why i say something will happen. but trust me when i say lots if ppl are date setting and are speaking for God. and yes i know of the scriptures concerning these things and i have no issue with ppl bring interested in these events as i myself have done in depth research on them. but what concerns me is lots of ppl are consumed by this stuff, like i said i have been all over the web and youtube i have talked with and listeneď to hundreds of ppl in my research of these things and saddly i have seen many who all they think about is these things and they take their eyes and hearts completely off God. the only time they seem to go him is to constantly ask him how soon till we go home.

I am homesick too i want to be with my lord too but i have been down this road. i and many others i knew were obsesed with the rapture and would be lead astray by every hype believing we would go home but after a long time of getting hyped up only to be let down there was a period where i had lost any sort of hope for going home. but eventually i got some of it back and we all went down that road again but we became spiritually exhausted all the time literally runing on fumes. I then had a serious talk with God i decided to hope for the rapture but my focus would be on God himself and our relatonship. however only a few of us realized what we were doing to outselves and to this day many are still on this path. lots of them are famous youtubers.

these blood moons are bible prophecy but the devil will also do to others what he did to me. to the point where they lose any hope for the rapture and will become spiritually exhausted. Right now there is a spiritual war going on and satan is being clever, he wants to wear out the saints do when the time comes they would have hardened their hearts and fallen asleep but the oil would run dry and he is doing a good job of it. so yes i am a hypocrite because i myself went down this road but i realized the danger and the damage i was doing to my faith

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I too have been down that road and I've expected to see things happen that didn't happen (9/11 - yeah Nostradamus predicted that apparently, the end of the World is here,and so on..... )

I had a quick glimpse at Amazon the other day and all the Mayan 2012 prophecy books are now being flogged off second hand or for ridiculously low prices because now that the time has come and gone, the books are practically worthless. These scam artists have made their money from selling these lies to people and if they had any sense of shame they'd be giving all that money back.

I don't expect much. I'm not sitting around waiting for the rapture, nor am I trying to predict what will happen with this Blood Moon thing. All I'm expecting to see happen in the next two, three, five, ten or fifteen years is more of what we are seeing now, the ever looming End times and some more fireworks and fisticuffs!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,111
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't see how expecting Jesus return takes one's mind off of God so I would have to disagree.....     my concern is what happens to many peoples faith when it doesn't happen......     assuming it won't happen.   If they are right we will simply be pleasantly surprised I guess.

I would think it would bring an urgency to the Gospel for the next couple of years....

Anyway i'm a lot more concerned about what happens to people if Jesus doesn't return after the series is over.    But there is a good chance that things are going to happen in Israel and I'm a lot more concerned as to whether or not we as a nation will stand behind or along side of Israel through whatever may happen.   It may well be that these are the sign that we as a nation have turned our backs on Israel.   I don't think any of us know what this administration is capable of.   They seem to sink lower and lower each year.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have been all over the web and youtube and i see everyone getting hyped up and overly excited about the blood moons, prophecy and the end times.But i also see everyone making the same mistake they made before. for example when december 20th 2012 was approaching ppl were freaking out making videos how the end is here and how God gave them a dream or a word that this is the end or that the rapture would take place before december 20th.

but when it came and passed nothing happened and their excuses were God Tarried or gave us more time. the exact same scenario with comet ison and now the blood moons specifically dates around the first one. you know how many ppl say the rapture is april 15? ppl actually ignore scripture how no one knows the day or hour and claim God himself told them and some even speak for him saying stuff like son of man write my words for the bride or cherished daughter tell them this.... as if it was God himself talking which is extremely dangerous.

Hi fire-heart

I think I know how you feel. I have also been all over the net and youtube. There is not one video or article that I would recommend. I also search forums. I use boardreader, omgili and the google discussion search. I never was afraid of the Mayan calendar. I am only concerned with God's Jubilee calendar. Hyped up or excited are not the right words. Apprehension, alarm or plain old fear is what I feel. What if these six feast day eclipses really do signal the start of The Great Tribulation but the rapture happens on the wrong end of it? Will you still be disappointed if the blood moons mark the start of "The Time of The End" but the rapture happens on "the last day" of it? The rapture will not occur on April 15,2014. Trust me. 

Remember The Sabbath

Dave

Edited by Dave Watchman

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Personally I think that you have your pre-tribbers who can not wait for the rapture to happen and the people who are scared to death it will happen.  :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Personally I think that you have your pre-tribbers who can not wait for the rapture to happen and the people who are scared to death it will happen.  :noidea:

Um....yes!  Exactly. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This person makes a good point though:

"The lunar tetrads in question actually appeared after the events described – between ten months and sixteen years later! Therefore these ‘blood moons’ were not warnings at all but, as it were, ‘prophecies after the fact.’

"The advocates of the current ‘blood moons’ teaching use special pleading in arguing why a lunar eclipse in 1949 is actually connected to 1948, or why a ‘blood moon’ in 1494 is connected to 1492, etc."

Read full analysis here