• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Douggy,

Yes I do agree with most of what you said, but I still believe that the great earthquake in Ez. 38. 19 & 20 is the same one in Rev. 6: 12 - 16.

Hi Marilyn,  I do understand your rationale.  

In Ezekiel 38: 

20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

That does appear to be global.   Which would equate to the global earthquake in Revelation 16:18-19  (Revelation 6:6-12).    It would appear by the wording.

The problem is a Gog/Magog earthquake at the end of the 7 years,  doesn't line up with the other over-riding timing factors of Ezekiel 38 and 39 of Gog/Magog as being before the 7 years, the 70th week.

So what's the alternative to what those verses mean?    I see the wording as being in the land of Israel, and maybe in the lands of the invaders - which would lend itself to the wording in verse 20.     But I would not equate Ezekiel 38:20 with Revelation 16:18-19 (Revelation 6:6-12).

In Ezekiel 38:

19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Enoch 2021

The war of Ps. 83 has happened, it is history. However the final punishment of those nations we know has yet to happen.

Douggy,

Yes I agree that Ez. 38 & 39 is to do with the Russian war before the tribulation. However in the same prophecy God sums up for His people the final outcome. It is prophetic perspective. When one event is placed next to another even though there are many years in between. There are quite a few passages in scripture like that. eg. Isaiah 61: 2 with Luke 4: 18 also in Daniel  & other places.

Douggy,

Yes I agree that Ez. 38 & 39 is to do with the Russian war before the tribulation. However in the same prophecy God sums up for His people the final outcome. It is prophetic perspective. When one event is placed next to another even though there are many years in between. There are quite a few passages in scripture like that. eg. Isaiah 61: 2 with Luke 4: 18 also in Daniel  & other places.

Hi Marilyn, I went back and reviewed the passages following Ezekiel 38-19-20, and see what you mean.   

Can we agree that the Gog/Magog invasion militarily Russia the huge force allied with the Muslim countries - is before the 7 years of that the Antichrist confirms the covenant.     And that Ezekiel 38:18 transitions us to the end of the 7years - and Ezekiel 19-23 is at the end of the 7 years?  

18 And it shall come to pass at the same time [end times era] when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face.

19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

About `pasting.` I have tried to cut & then paste here on my reply from either my `Word,` notes or from people`s quotes but it is not working. I have done this before on other forums but maybe it is a different way here. Would appreciate if you could help. Hope that is clearer.

~

There Is A Light Switch At The Right Left Of Your Posting Box, Switch It On

Also For Easier Worthy Posting, Use Firefox As Your Browser

You Can Hit "Quote" On A Post And It Will Put That Post At The Top Of Your New Quote

Then You Can Go Into That Quote And Delete Anything You Don't Wish To Reply To

~

Have Fun

Point To Jesus

Post Early Post Often

And Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

I am trying to find that light switch.... I think I may doing things the hard way.....

At the "right left" ?    Turn left?    No turn right?    No kidding, I am trying to find that light switch.    I don't see it.    Is it in my posting box when I am in the preparing my text?   What general part of the box, do I look first?   The right or the left?

40,000 posts !    :happyhappy:  :thumbsup: 

Edited by douggg

yes Douggy,

I had a second & third & fourth look at the `right left.` It is above the `B` on the LEFT. I turn it on (click it) then get the quote & then turn it off.

Now back to Ezekiel. We mostly agree just a few minor adjustments I see.

Ez. 38 & 39 is generally about the Russian War prior to the 7 year trib. (both agree) I would just say `& some Muslim nations.` (Iran, Egypt & Ethiopia. Ez. 38: 5)

Also Ez. 38: 21 - 23 are details of God`s dealing with Russia & its Confederation on the mountains of Israel. 5/6 ths get wiped out. (Wow) 

I am trying to find that light switch.... I think I may doing things the hard way.....

At the "right left" ?    Turn left?    No turn right?    No kidding, I am trying to find that light switch.    I don't see it.    Is it in my posting box when I am in the preparing my text?   What general part of the box, do I look first?   The right or the left?

40,000 posts !    :happyhappy:  :thumbsup:

~

lol

The Switch Is At The Upper Left Corner Of Your Opened Post (Just Left Of The Pink And White Eraser :))

Try Switching (Clicking) It On

~

Sorry About That... My Head Heard What I Thought I Was Typing

While My Fingers Took Off On A Walk

Down Some Another Path :101:

The Switch Is At The Upper Left Corner Of Your Opened Post (Just Left Of The Pink And White Eraser :))

Found it !    many thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Enoch 2021

However the final punishment of those nations we know has yet to happen.

You could make this statement with any country or people group EXCEPT "The Church" and be correct.

If a "theory" explains everything it explains nothing.

The war of Ps. 83 has happened, it is history.

You certainly haven't shown it and you have a Direct Contradiction to "your" thesis in the Self-Same Passages.  Moreover, as identified repeatedly with the Gog/Magog Invasion, These countries that currently surround Israel......that are their sworn hated enemies (for thousands of years with their main Mission and Goal in Life is to wipe Israel off the Map)....... do not even get a mention??  

Sometimes it's whats "not said" that is more illuminating than what is said.  This is one of those cases....especially in the context of an Invasion of Israel.

This is Tantamount to describing in detail a Land Invasion of Missouri and not mentioning:  Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, or Tennessee.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Thank you Enoch for you reply,

I agree people can`t just arbitrarily splice whatever they want in between passages. However the context in Ez. 38: 19 & 20 clearly shows it is referring to the great earthquake at Armageddon, (Rev. 6: 12 - 17)

About `pasting.` I have tried to cut & then paste here on my reply from either my `Word,` notes or from people`s quotes but it is not working. I have done this before on other forums but maybe it is a different way here. Would appreciate if you could help. Hope that is clearer.

==========================================================================================

I agree people can`t just arbitrarily splice whatever they want in between passages. However the context in Ez. 38: 19 & 20 clearly shows it is referring to the great earthquake at Armageddon, (Rev. 6: 12 - 17)

It doesn't say Great Earthquake and it MOST ASSUREDLY doesn't say Armageddon or anything remotely close to it .....

(Ezekiel 38:19-20) "For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;  {20} So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground."

Great Shaking is the result not the Cause.  What can cause the the Earth to Shake:  Earthquake, Meteor Strike, Nuclear Bomb.

From the Results in Chapter 39 it's quite Clear it's a Nuclear Bomb.

And....How can the "Fowls of Heaven" feel an Earthquake....in the air??

Moreover, There are "Great Earthquakes" in: (Matthew 28:2, Acts 16:26, Revelation 6:12, 11:13, 16:8)

Furthermore, What context are you referring too?  That Great Earthquake Rev 16:8 talks about that Great City (Babylon) being divided into Three parts and given her a cup of wine of the fierceness of HIS Wrath. Followed by Hail the weight of a Talent and Men Blasphemed GOD.

Gog/Magog is in Israel.....Babylon is 500 miles to the EAST!

Try downloading a different Browser.....FireFox works well.