• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

@ bopeep

Of course.  But remember to attribute it to a PERSONAL and INDIVIDUAL level.  The Scripture is for all saints, and whomever falls into that category, falls into it.  So, are there Christians like all of these?  Absolutely.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

@ Cletus

I like your quote - Hosea 6:6

It is good that you see that there is no word of condemnation ... especially to the SUFFERING CHURCH.

Now, consider our African Christian brothers.  Consider how they are being raped, killed, and mutilated by those Muslims.  Consider their poverty.  Consider their Government doesn't want anything to do with Christendom.

They suffer.

But, in my eyes, they are some of the most POWERFUL CHRISTIANS ON THE PLANET.  Great is their dedication.  Great is their love to our Lord.  They are not so distracted by all the joys and comforts of Western Civilization.  Their preaching is POWERFUL.  I've seen one be douced with acid, terribly scarred for life, yet he remains in God and remains steadfast and prayerful.  Too many American Christians would have blamed God for their disfigurement and broken marriage due to a permanently and grossly scarred face!  Ye!  A reputation for being alive, but are DEAD!  Ye!  A reputation for being rich, but are poor, naked and ashamed!

But what blame can I lay at the feet of those brethren in poorer areas of the world?  Oppressive areas of the world?  What negative thing can I say about the persecuted Indians who are trying to spread the Gospel?  So, our Lord does not lay blame either, but instead, He lays comfort.  After all, what would it profit God to lay blame and further burden on a people who are suffering for HIM and HIS Glory ... constantly?  That would cause anyone to throw in the towel.  But our Lords yoke is easy, and His burden is light.

Persecution does not destroy the Church ... it promotes it.

Seen it happen in Rome, when they made sport of us.  Instead of our forefathers going to their deaths whining and begging, they went singing songs of praise to our God. What happened was, all those people saw it over and over again, and then THEY started saying, "these people are innocent!" and then that quickly changed into "Look at how they meet their deaths with singing and praise, not cowardice and fear and pleading!  I want what THEY have!  I want to know this GOD whom they so adore, even under the pain of death!"

... and Christianity spread.

Unfortunately, Satan is more clever than we give him credit.  He was watching.  His Ba'al had not been removed, it only took on a different form.  And as such ... enter Constantine ... and the Catholic Institution ... and the Church was infiltrated and the persecution continued, it was driven underground ... for centuries and centuries ... from fear ... while the Vatican grew and grew.

But, there is a purity is suffering.  Even as the Scriptures tell us, that "sin looses its power when the body suffers"

Tell me, which of you want to go to the nightclub when you have a migraine headache?

Which of you want to commit sexual sin with a blown out back?

Who is thinking about lying, cheating or stealing when you are burying your beloved parents?

Who among you wants to rob a bank when your tooth aches so bad from a much needed root canal?

Indeed.  Sin looses its power when we suffer.  Now, reflect back on what Jesus said to the suffering Church...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

@ bopeep

Of course.  But remember to attribute it to a PERSONAL and INDIVIDUAL level.  The Scripture is for all saints, and whomever falls into that category, falls into it.  So, are there Christians like all of these?  Absolutely.

I am not sure I know your question.Only the true Christian who is faithful to God will take advantage of this.Many people in our world today are Christian in name only.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

To be honest, there are more then just one group of believers who suffer for the Lord. There are those who live in nations like North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Maldives, Yemen, Iraq, Uzbek, and Laos, all whose live are in constant danger, but their love for the Lord thrives.

To be honest, there are more then just one group of believers who suffer for the Lord. There are those who live in nations like North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Maldives, Yemen, Iraq, Uzbek, and Laos, all whose live are in constant danger, but their love for the Lord thrives.

Yes,OneLight that is what being faithful to the Lord is all about.Remaining faithful in suffering.Those who are starving,suffering from disease and illnesses of all kinds.These people are the reference to "the last will be first and the first will be last".

@ bopeep

Ignore the psuedoChristians.  The letters arent' written for those who are Christian by name only.  They are left out of this, as they are left out in Revelation.

What I'm saying is that individually, there are Christians like all of the Churches mentioned in Revelation.

One more thing about the letters. 

And again people, this is not meant to be exhaustive, and I certainly will not cover line by line, and certainly not all of Revelation.  If I did, it would be December and I'll still be typing about it. 

My only goal of these thread is to point out a few often overlooked things concerning the letters.  And even now I am skipping things.  But, there is one thing that I believe is more important than anything else I can (or should) type, and it is the reason for the Letters.

REPENT!!!

Observe: this isn't a message to the world, but a message to CHRISTIANS!

REPENT!

STOP IT!

TURN BACK!

YOU ARE BEHAVING TOO MUCH LIKE THE WORLD!!

Jesus is giving US, not the world, a stern and sharp warning to repent and turn back, to stop living in sin, to stop compromising the Truth, to stop living with one foot in the Church and one foot in the world, to stop heeding winds of doctrine, the err of Balaam, to stop heeding the Nicolatians, those who profess to be Christians, but aren't, and to even stop honoring the Jews above their station - they who mocked and rejected the Lord.

REPENT ... LEST IS REMOVE YOU FROM YOUR PLACE AND SNUFF OUT YOUR CANDLES!

This is perhaps, more important than anything else I could type concerning the letter.  The letters were written as a WARNING, and a COMMAND for the saints of God to REPENT, not a call to the world to repent, but for US to turn and get serious about our Salvation.  And, the promise of what will happen if we do NOT repent is also clearly noted.

"Be zealous therefor, and repent, for as much as I love, I chastise" - Jesus

I am being very, very serious with you brethren.  This is not just another "online thread".  I am encouraging your and admonishing you to the best of my ability over a mere webpage, without being wordy or scholastic (even with typing errors).   If you fall into any category, or if the Spirit convicts you, be zealous and REPENT!  Stop doing it.  Turn back.  This is the message of the Lord, not the teaching of a mere man.

To he that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to ALL CHRISTIANS.

@ bopeep

Ignore the psuedoChristians.  The letters arent' written for those who are Christian by name only.  They are left out of this, as they are left out in Revelation.

What I'm saying is that individually, there are Christians like all of the Churches mentioned in Revelation.

Yes,I agree..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Greetings Spock,

I see the green blood is flowing in your brain.

You say, "Do you think your response here as well as our Lord's answers to the 7 churches lends "some credibility" to my two rapture theory?"

What are there, some 9 raptures in the Bible? But I am at a loss for scripture to establish two raptures for the Church.

"Philadelphia church-faithful only believers get a secret before tribulation rapture (Sardis probably too)"

I don't know of any scripture to prove how secret or open the Rapture will be. No doubt you have searched the internet for support or refutation of the Partial Rapture theory. It seems to me based on the idea that if one group is promised a Rapture, that ipso facto proves that others are excluded, which seems illogical to me.

This is my main concern on the Rapture: We should expect His return for us at any time and live in that light, loving His returning as our blessed hope.