IGNORED

America & the other Super Powers in God`s Word?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

If you compare the world to how things were 2000 years ago, England would be Greece, the U.S. would be Rome, and the Muslims would be the Jews.  Following that, Scandinavian/German regions would be Russia/China.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Triniton,

I can understand what you are saying, however there is a difference -

Greece & Rome were the sole World Rulers of their era, while England has only been ruler over a quarter of the earth & the US is only part of other super powers that rule the earth. God tells us who the World Ruler are & who (I believe) are the super powers. There is a big difference.

Glad to see you enter the conversation. Marilyn.

....and the Muslims would be the Jews....

~

Not

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Hardly

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Beloved

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.

Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Psalms 2:12

Hi rollinTHUNDER,

Thank you for your interest in my view.-

`In particular, I`m waiting to hear your view of the 10 toes, horns /or Kings.`

I need to make an important point first. When I was learning to fly small aircraft, I had to do navigational exercises. This involved flying on a set course to other airfields. I was told that you must read the map first & then look at the ground layout. This may seem obvious but it is tempting to look at the ground & see a railway line, for example & then look at the map on you knee & say `yep,` that`s such & such town because it has a railway line going through it. But as we all realise many towns have railway lines going through them. And you could be quite off course & if you read from the ground you can make many towns seem like the one you want.  

Thus it is in relation to end-time events. We can look at the world situation & say `yep, there are 10 countries in the EU, or the world is divided into 10 sections or there are 10 regions.....` etc. So no end of speculation, & man`s opinions, if you see what I mean. So the point I am trying to make is, - we need to read the map first - we need to read God`s word first. We need to collect all the information that God has given us & then we will know where we are & not what we surmise by looking at the ground, looking at the world & trying to fit it into God`s map, His word.

So let`s look at all the info that God has said on this topic -  ref: (Dan. 2: 41 - 43.      7: 1 - 8,   18 - 20.     8: 23 - 25.     11: 36 - 45    Isa. 10: 24,   31: 8       14: 14     Micah 5: 5     Rev.13: 1 - 6       17: 9 - 13, 18.       18: 10) 

The kingdom shall be divided. (partly strong & partly brittle) (two ideologies that do not harmonise. AMP)

Symbolised by 10 toes, 10 horns, meaning 10 kings.

3 horns/kings gave their power to one that rose up in their midst.

7 horns/kings eventually give their power to that person for a short time.

The feet/toes, 4th beast, was dreadful, terrifying & extremely strong.

This kingdom arises after the first three & continues contemporaneously with them.

The person who gains power is proud, pompous & boastful.

He is from the North (of the broken up Greek empire). This is Assyria. (the region now divided into Iraq, Syria & Jordan.)

He is called the Assyrian quite a few times in God`s word.

This area is the region now divided into Iraq, Syria & Jordan.

He is also named the King of Babylon in Iraq (which will be the centre of the Global Government).

He is the 7th King over the Global Government.

He is possessed by Satan.

He is very clever at deceiving & conquers by `peaceful` policies.

Thus we have God`s map/word to refer to. Now who on the ground/in the world does that refer to.

Assyria is the northern area of the Middle east & is Islamic.

Islam is in constant conflict with its two ideologies - Sunni & Shi-ite.

They have shown themselves around the world to be quite terrifying, brutal & very strong.

Assyria is divided into 3 areas, Iraq, Syria & Jordan. 2 of these areas have come under a group calling it an Islamic State. They have their eyes on Jordan next.

The other part of the Middle East there is divided up into 7 other regions - Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Oman, Yeman. They are called the Gulf Cooperation Council & are working towards greater Union monetary & military.

Thus to me rollin THUNDER, the 10 kings are these 10 Islamic regions that we see in the world today. I was taught this Contemporary view (of Dan. 7) many, many years ago by world recognised teachers in my denomination that I was brought up in. (Apostolic from Wales, England & Scotland.) At that time the Arabs were but sheiks of the desert. But I have watched the rise of this power with great interest, especially now as they have become very prominent in the world`s eyes not only for terrorism but for the great wealth they have. They also own much land, companies etc around the world They even have our Australian great horse race named for them - the Emirates cup, instead of the Melbourne Cup - the race which stops a nation here - great gamblers are Aussies.

I am watching (not in great detail though) the Syrian conflict for over the next few years I do believe these 3 regions will become the power base of the Anti-Christ. So we will see.

Hope that explains my thinking for you, rT.

Blessings & great chatting with you, Marilyn.

A bit more rollinTHUNDER,

As we can see from God`s word the great Image that King Nebuchadnezzar saw, `stood before,` him. Thus the `feet & toes,` of the great image were standing in Babylon, which is in Iraq. This is part of the old Assyrian Empire. Now people may think that the Assyrians have long gone, but they are a race of people alive today. And do you know who is a famous Assyrian? (or of Assyrian descent/father) It is Andre Agassi, the famous tennis player whom many think is the best player of all time. Very interesting ay. 

And so we have the region of old Assyria come back into world view. (Iraq, Syria & Jordan) The ISIS, the Islamic State of Iraq & Syria now control much of those country`s people, land, towns, oil wells etc. Their leader is the most wanted man on earth, with a bounty of $10 million. His name is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. The `Time,` magazine says of him that `human guile can usually beat a high-tech solution.` So it will be interesting to see this part of world events unfold, especially in light of what I believe God`s word says on the subject.

Edited by Marilyn C

Hi rollinTHUNDER,

You also asked -

`One could probably go several directions with an outline. So I`m waiting to see how you lay it out in your understanding.`

My Outline of what I believe God`s word says regarding the lead up to the Final Gentile Global Government. 

Islam. Rising in power. ...........................................................................................A/C emerges.................Final Ruler.

UK & US. Mouthpiece of the world system.....................................................................................................Mouth.

EU. Economic philosophy of world system.....................................................................................................Body.

Russia. Preparing for war........................................................................................WW3...............................Feet.

The religious aspect of the world system I will discuss on the `Countdown...` thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we watching what is happening in the Middle East? The Islamic State of Iraq & Syria (ISIS) is now moving further into Iraq & heading for Bagdad. I wrote some details of this on thread 4, number #75

So here it is & it is not going to go away. `The divided world` as the media calls it (Islam). However, I believe God calls it `the divided kingdom,` (Dan. 2 41)

`And in that you saw the feet & toes, partly of potter`s clay & partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom........for they will not hold together (for two such elements or ideologies can  never harmonize), (AMP with brackets) 

This `divided kingdom,` is where the Sunni & Shi-ites are fighting for control of the Islamic world.

After WW1 the Allies divided up the Ottoman Empire of northern ancient Assyria into 3 sections, - Iraq, Syria & Jordan. God`s word says, I believe that these 3 areas will come together under the `Assyrian,` the Islamic leader whom I believe will eventually be the final Global leader.

I have told you previously to watch these 3 areas, -Iraq, Syria & Jordan. The world`s spot light continues on them & is in a dilemma as to what to do. I believe that a leader will come & eventually bring peace to those 3 regions. But it will be after the ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq & Syria have moved into Jordan as well)

We obviously will wait & see what unfolds.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Marilyn,

What are your thoughts about the potential psalm 83 war that many end timers are discussing and looking to see play out? Many say this is the next event in that area, and this is where Israel will finally get some breathing room by bearing up their neighbors (nuking Damascus for one).

Agree or disagree?

Good question, Spock,

Yes many people are thinking that. These are my thoughts however.

PSALM 83

V. 1 - 5 We see the enemies of God & Israel are conspiring together saying `Come let us wipe them out as a nation.`

In 1967 different countries around Israel took counsel together with one accord to destroy Israel from being a nation. For the first time in history these countries forgot their differences. They formed a confederacy to declare a `Jehud,` a holy war to wipe the name of Israel from remembrance. The actual words `Come let us wipe them out as a nation,` were frequently broadcast over Radio Cairo & published in world newspapers. Unknowingly they were practically quoting directly from prophecy given 25 centuries ago. (Ps. 83: 4)

v. 6 - 8  Even the participants were accurately delineated - under ancient names.

ANCIENT NAME...........................................MODERN NAME

Edom, Moab, Ammon...................................Jordan

Hagarenes, Amalek, Philistines....................Egypt

Ishmaelites....................................................Arabia

Gebal, Tyre...................................................Lebanon

Assyria..........................................................Syria, Iraq.

v. 9 - 18  And what was the outcome?

`Fill their faces with dishonour.....let them be ashamed & dismayed.......let them be humiliated.`  (v. 16 & 17)

Speaking three weeks after the war (6 day war) ended, Yitzhak Rabin gave his reasoning behind the success of Israel.

`Our airmen who struck the enemies` planes so accurately that no one in the world understands how it was done & people seek technological explanations or secret weapons; our armoured troops who beat the enemy even when their equipment was inferior to his; our soldiers in all other branches....who overcame our enemies everywhere, despite the latter`s superior numbers & fortifications - all these revealed not only coolness & courage in the battle but....an understanding that only their personal stand against the greatest dangers would achieve victory for their country & for their families, & that if victory was not theirs the alternative was annihilation.`

Within six days, Israel had won a decisive land war. Israeli forces had taken control of the Gaza Strip & the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank & East Jerusalem from Jordan & the Golan Heights from Syria.

Utterly amazing & we know only the hand of God could have wrought such a `David & Goliath,` victory!

The 6 day war in 1967, was I believe the fulfilment of the war indicated in Psalm 83.

Edited by Marilyn C

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

The 6 day war in 1967, was I believe the fulfilment of the war indicated in Psalm 83.

Well said. I'm still on the fence with this, but your view that the Psalm 83 war occurred in 1967 seems correct on all counts. Even the attacking armies minor ally of Edomites being in tents (Palestinian refugees) adds strength to this view.