Hansc

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I read the book yesterday afternoon and evening....

I think I would have to know the people personally to say that this is for real.    It is quite a remarkable story.

It's a dangerous thing to call the work of the Holy Spirit a fake or assign it to the dark side.....    I don't think I am going to even talk about it any longer for safety sake..

Joel 2:28
That I will pour out My
Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams ,
Your young men will see visions.
NASB

Acts 2:17

17'And it shall be in the last days,' God says,
'That I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all mankind;
And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
And your young men shall see visions,
And your old men shall dream dreams
NASB

I do believe that it is scripturally possible....   however it's another thing to say it's true.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

i didn't say it was NOT an NDE, i said i do not believe that it was. i don't know a whole lot about NDE's but the way i understand them, the person who had them has usually died before being resuscitated. this kid never died. not even close. he was just under anesthesia during surgery. the doctors monitoring him during surgery never had any indication that he was in danger of dying. it was a typical day in the O.R. for them.

Right you can only die once.Once you are dead there is no coming back.These people have claimed to have left their bodies at some point from some life threatening experience.I am wondering if the anesthesia could have given him this experience.Many who have been depleted of oxygen or have taken certain drugs have had the same experience.

Lots of people in the bible died and came back....Lazarus was dead four days and came back.

Edited by Logan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

i didn't say it was NOT an NDE, i said i do not believe that it was. i don't know a whole lot about NDE's but the way i understand them, the person who had them has usually died before being resuscitated. this kid never died. not even close. he was just under anesthesia during surgery. the doctors monitoring him during surgery never had any indication that he was in danger of dying. it was a typical day in the O.R. for them.

Right you can only die once.Once you are dead there is no coming back.These people have claimed to have left their bodies at some point from some life threatening experience.I am wondering if the anesthesia could have given him this experience.Many who have been depleted of oxygen or have taken certain drugs have had the same experience.

Lots of people in the bible died and came back....Lazarus was dead three days and came back.

Who else besides Lazarus died for three days and then came back?

I didn't say they were all dead four days, just that several died and came back...and that Lazarus was dead four days before he came back. You said once you are dead there is no coming back and that is just not so.

Edited by Logan

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Lots of people in the bible died and came back....Lazarus was dead three days and came back.

Who else besides Lazarus died for three days and then came back?

There were 8 people in the bible who came back from the dead in the bible, and one passage in Matthew that talks about alot of people raised from the dead at once.

1 Kings 17:19 “Give me your son,” Elijah replied. He took him from her arms, carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his bed. 20 Then he cried out to the Lord, “Lord my God, have you brought tragedy even on this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?” 21 Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried out to the Lord, “Lord my God, let this boy’s life return to him!”

22 The Lord heard Elijah’s cry, and the boy’s life returned to him, and he lived

2 Kings 4:32 When Elisha came into the house, there was the child, lying dead on his bed.  33 He went in therefore, shut the door behind the two of them, and prayed to the Lord.  34 And he went up and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his eyes, and his hands on his hands; and he stretched himself out on the child, and the flesh of the child became warm.  35 He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched himself out on him; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.  36 And he called Gehazi and said, “Call this Shunammite woman.” So he called her. And when she came in to him, he said, “Pick up your son.”  37 So she went in, fell at his feet, and bowed to the ground; then she picked up her son and went out.

2 Kings 13:21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.

Mark 5:38 Then He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those who wept and wailed loudly.  39 When He came in, He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping.”

40 And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the child was lying.  41 Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, “Talitha, cumi,” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.”

Luke 7:12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her.  13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.”  14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.”  15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.

John 11:43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.  41 Then he gave her his hand and lifted her up; and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive.  42 And it became known throughout all Joppa, and many believed on the Lord.             

Acts 20:9 And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead.  10 But Paul went down, fell on him, and embracing him said, “Do not trouble yourselves, for his life is in him.”  11 Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even till daybreak, he departed.  12 And they brought the young man in alive, and they were not a little comforted.

Matthew 27:51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Also it's important to  note that Jesus comissioned His disciples to raise the dead.

Matthew 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’  8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Guest LadyC

um, for the record, i never said someone couldn't be brought back to life after dying. i said the little boy in the film was never even close to death. he was simply under anesthesia.

No ma'am, bo peep said it in response to you

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I think that if Jesus really wants us to know that he is giving us that experience Lazarus would have expressed that in the Bible.That he would have said that he died for three days and tell us what that was like and that experience was going to be available to us.We do not know what Jesus told Lazarus after He brought him back to life.All I know is that the experience he had was never documented.

I think that if Jesus really wants us to know that he is giving us that experience Lazarus would have expressed that in the Bible.That he would have said that he died for three days and tell us what that was like and that experience was going to be available to us.We do not know what Jesus told Lazarus after He brought him back to life.All I know is that the experience he had was never documented.

True, it wasn't documented, which means you don't know what he did or did not experience any more than I do. That also was not my point. You made a direct statement that you could not die and come back, I was pointing out that that statement is false.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Joel 2:28

That I will pour out My

Spirit on all mankind;

And your sons and daughters will prophesy,

Your old men will dream dreams ,

Your young men will see visions.

NASB

Acts 2:17

17'And it shall be in the last days,' God says,

'That I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all mankind;

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams

NASB

peep, I think he did tell us.

I agree with LadyC that this is not an NDE,      In the book it never relates that the boy died at any time....