Peteeeer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I believe he had a plan, but he describes what he had created as 'good' therefore nothing would have needed to change because it was perfect. Am I correct in saying that? If so, then if we had kept reproducing, wouldn't we eventually have too many people living on the Earth? We would have either had to stop having children or the earth would have had to be made bigger. It just seems to me that nothing should have to change when his original plan was perfect..

I think I would have to disagree with that....     I truly believe that God intended for Adam and Eve to fail and have Lucifer/Satan responsible for them knowing good from evil...    When he made Adam and Eve they were not qualified to be any kind of judge.....   and since we are told by Paul that we are going to judge the angels, I would find it rather stretching for him to make us not capable of doing that....   just as I think it is beyond a stretch to think he just decided for us to to the judging as a secondary thought after we fell.

At the end of the sixth day, everything was set and it was actually well.    The trap for Satan had been set and he fell right into it...   and as they say the rest is history.

That is not biblical.  There is nothing in Scripture to support the notion that God "intended" for Adam and Eve to fall.  Man had to fall in order to be  qualified to judge angels???  Where does that find any support in the Bible???   The fall of man was not a trap for Satan and the Bible says no such thing.   You really have  to go around the Bible to arrive at all of that stuff, 'cause you won't get it from the Bible, that is for sure.

The crisis of doctrinal purity in the Church  is soooo evident these days

Oh, so you are going to have a group of people who don't know the difference between good and evil  judge anything......    Really????

Sometimes you just have to use common sense in things........   if you have any.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/01/1992

I believe he had a plan, but he describes what he had created as 'good' therefore nothing would have needed to change because it was perfect. Am I correct in saying that? If so, then if we had kept reproducing, wouldn't we eventually have too many people living on the Earth? We would have either had to stop having children or the earth would have had to be made bigger. It just seems to me that nothing should have to change when his original plan was perfect..

I think I would have to disagree with that....     I truly believe that God intended for Adam and Eve to fail and have Lucifer/Satan responsible for them knowing good from evil...    When he made Adam and Eve they were not qualified to be any kind of judge.....   and since we are told by Paul that we are going to judge the angels, I would find it rather stretching for him to make us not capable of doing that....   just as I think it is beyond a stretch to think he just decided for us to to the judging as a secondary thought after we fell.

At the end of the sixth day, everything was set and it was actually well.    The trap for Satan had been set and he fell right into it...   and as they say the rest is history.

That is not biblical.  There is nothing in Scripture to support the notion that God "intended" for Adam and Eve to fall.  Man had to fall in order to be  qualified to judge angels???  Where does that find any support in the Bible???   The fall of man was not a trap for Satan and the Bible says no such thing.   You really have  to go around the Bible to arrive at all of that stuff, 'cause you won't get it from the Bible, that is for sure.

Oh, so you are going to have a group of people who don't know the difference between good and evil  judge anything......    Really????

Sometimes you just have to use common sense in things........   if you have any.

Did God decide that we would judge the Angels before or after the fall?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

it's my personal belief that he decided that before Genesis 1:1

I believe that this whole seven thousand year program is to deal with Satan.

it's my personal belief that he decided that before Genesis 1:1

I believe that this whole seven thousand year program is to deal with Satan.

I think you have to be careful when you have beliefs outside of what the Bible explicitly states is the truth. So you don't think he made us because he wanted to have a relationship with us? It seems very bizarre to me that we would only be here to deal with Satan. If that were true, I would find it hard coming to terms with that; it seems so cold-hearted and unloving to me. It would almost seem that he is using us for his own selfish reasons, and of course that cannot be the case.

Guest shiloh357

Who said that Adam and Eve didn't know the difference between good and evil???  You are really jumping to some unfounded conclusions.  Talk about a lack of commonsense.

Guest shiloh357

When the world was perfect (before sin), there was obviously no death; so wouldn't the world have became too full eventually?

No, because there was more dry land than there is now.  The topography of the earth was completely different than it is now.  Much of what was dry land before Noah's flood is now under water. So there would be plenty of land for people to live on had man never sinned.

The Earth would still become full, it would just take longer in that case.

God is wiser and smarter than you give him credit for.  Look at the earth today,  We are no where near over-crowding that is with only 30% dry land.  Imagine when most of the earth wasn't covered by water.  There would be hundreds of times more land than what we have now.  Overcrowding isn't an issue.

He does have a point, though. If nobody died ever, the population would have grown much faster than it does now.  And the Earth may be really big, but eventually it would fill up, even if it was 100% land.

Yes and that fact would not take an all-knowing God by surprise would it??    God knew the future and created our planet just they way it needed to be to accommodate all of the life it needed to accommodate.  So even if God knew that man would not have ever sinned and thus never died, He would have prepared a planet commiserate with that reality as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If Lucifer was allowed to test us and tempt us then why would that not be part of God's plan? We were given free will because God wants a father-child relationship with us, not a master-slave one. The best loyalty comes from them who chose it, not those who are coerced into giving it.

This time on Earth is a test. Satan is the perfect tool for that test. We may suffer because of it, but we will receive a great reward.

Even those who betrayed God and followed Satan will still get their reward (if they repent) because they have learned the hard way that Satan is a cruel father to have.

As for over-population, who knows what God could have planned for that? There are lots of options he could have taken. Sex-drive disappears completely as there is no longer a need for it- humans become sterile - the World expands in size - God creates more Earths for us to colonise... and so on.

We have never been told of his entire plan - so far he has not revealed it to us. We can only speculate.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Peteeeer!

I don't really have too much to add to what many have already said,,,,I really don't think so because God does everything perfectly according to "His Plan"......I believe also what took place in the Garden of Eden was also part of His Plan............as Oakwood is saying,God gave us free will and wants our love...to be faithful & obedient  because we love Him,to revere Him because we love Him,to Praise,Worship & honor Him because we love Him..................if He simply wanted those things He could have created a race of robots to do His bidding without love,a certain amount of people that did not pro-create..............but He did not & whatever He does do ,is Perfection according to His Plan,Glory be to God!

I just really wanted to Welcome you to Worthy,God Bless you & praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Who said that Adam and Eve didn't know the difference between good and evil???  You are really jumping to some unfounded conclusions.  Talk about a lack of commonsense.

I agree. Essentially in the beginning God had defined and provided the knowledge of what was good, and thus he had the knowledge of what was good and evil. The tree of knowledge of good and evil was basically representing a choice; do we trust God's definition of good and evil, or are we going to seize the opportunity and try and define it for ourselves? We of course know what they chose to do. The basic point is that we thought we knew better than God (thought we had a better understanding of good and evil), and thus we obviously had some knowledge of good and evil. Otherwise how would we have sinned if we didn't have any knowledge of good and evil? It would, at most, have been an 'accidental' sin when Adam and Eve sinned, and that doesn't make any sense.

If Lucifer was allowed to test us and tempt us then why would that not be part of God's plan? We were given free will because God wants a father-child relationship with us, not a master-slave one. The best loyalty comes from them who chose it, not those who are coerced into giving it.

This time on Earth is a test. Satan is the perfect tool for that test. We may suffer because of it, but we will receive a great reward.

Even those who betrayed God and followed Satan will still get their reward (if they repent) because they have learned the hard way that Satan is a cruel father to have.

As for over-population, who knows what God could have planned for that? There are lots of options he could have taken. Sex-drive disappears completely as there is no longer a need for it- humans become sterile - the World expands in size - God creates more Earths for us to colonise... and so on.

We have never been told of his entire plan - so far he has not revealed it to us. We can only speculate.

In my eyes there can really be only two options:

1 - He knew what we were going to sin, and thus death would be part of his plan, and therefore the issue is completely irrelevant.

OR

2 - Like you said, there would be some sort of adaptations. However, this seems odd that his creation would need to adapt when it was described by Himself as 'good'. This implies to me that it doesn't need to be changed because he made it how he thought was best. To change it later on would imply that the original plan was short-sighted.