tigger398

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,095
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if you execute a person who has not repented and turned his life over to the Lord, you condemn him/her to hell for eternity...    if they have repented and turned their lives over to the Lord, there is no real reason to kill them for in truth you are killing a brother or sister.

There is reason to separate them from society, but killing them isn't really doing any of us any good.

There are ways of making them productive in some way to pay for their upkeep, so they don't have to be a burden on the rest of us....   would just take some thought and changing a few laws.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Best way to answer the conundrum would be to abolish the death penalty. 

Guest LadyC

if you execute a person who has not repented and turned his life over to the Lord, you condemn him/her to hell for eternity...    if they have repented and turned their lives over to the Lord, there is no real reason to kill them for in truth you are killing a brother or sister.

There is reason to separate them from society, but killing them isn't really doing any of us any good.

There are ways of making them productive in some way to pay for their upkeep, so they don't have to be a burden on the rest of us....   would just take some thought and changing a few laws.

that's not true. God knows the time and place of each person's death. no matter who or what causes the death, they all have the opportunity to know the Lord. God is not limited by human time tables. if someone is sentenced to the death penalty, God will bring that person to repentence before execution if that person's heart is not hardened beyond redemption.

in the OT, when God commanded death for certain offenses, the penalty was to be carried out immediately. they weren't given the luxury of spending 20 years in a cell before their death. 

that's not true. God knows the time and place of each person's death. no matter who or what causes the death, they all have the opportunity to know the Lord. God is not limited by human time tables. if someone is sentenced to the death penalty, God will bring that person to repentence before execution if that person's heart is not hardened beyond redemption.

in the OT, when God commanded death for certain offenses, the penalty was to be carried out immediately. they weren't given the luxury of spending 20 years in a cell before their death. 

maybe, but three witnesses had to swear someone was guilty to do so.......      not the case today.....    I have had close people falsely convicted for things they didn't do.....   17 years it cost him, and three weeks after he finished his time the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office miraculously found the package with all the evidence against him that we had been asking for for 12 years......   sure enough genetics proved he was innocent.

I don't trust our system at all.     My Sunday school teacher is a 72 year old practicing attorney and he tells us that we should not even trust our police....    most cities have several cops that carry some kind of drug stuff in their cars that they can plant in yours if they think you've done something but can't prove it....  he has to deal with things of that nature off and on all the time...

Never ever under any circumstances agree for anyone to search you or any part of your property without a court order....   depending on which state you live in there are different ways that has to be done to protect you from things like that.

So having our system kill anyone is not good to me....  no matter what.

Guest LadyC

i understand some are wrongly convicted. i've expressed the unpopular view before that i still believe in darlie routier's innocense. however, that doesn't change the fact that God's salvational grace is not inhibited by death row :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why would Jesus tell them not to kill Mary Magdelene and not say the same for everyone else who has committed a sin punishable by death in the old testament? Jesus abolished the death penalty and there is no denying that. To say someone deserves to die for a sin just as heinous as the ones we commit every day (no sin is worse than another besides blasphemy of the holy spirit) is just not right,

Well just let me put you all on notice that if someone dies and they make me king we will not have the death penalty in my kingdom...

Well just let me put you all on notice that if someone dies and they make me king we will not have the death penalty in my kingdom...

And I am putting everyone on notice that I would not only keep the death penalty for 1st degree murder, but I would expand the death penalty to other violent crimes.  I have guidelines from scripture how God feels about the death penalty.  I am not more just than God.  He gave the death penalty for rape of a married woman, adultery,witchcraft, homosexual acts and many other things.  He did that knowing that there would be times when an innocent person would be put to death.  I would not necessarily institute it in all of the same transgressions, but I certainly don't believe I would be wrong to do so. 

when you do could you make sure that you carry with it the things that have to happen for someone to be declared guilty....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

He without sin cast the first stone. Jesus was against the death penalty.

This verse seems to be saying

" if you are without sin cast the first stone" this would have allowed the stoning of her if one of them were sin free.

He did not stop them because he was against the death penalty.

He stopped them by showing them they were no better than she was.

Jesus was saying if you have sins do not cast stones at another for their sins.

This verse does not appear to say Jesus was against death penalty.