Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigger398

Death Row

35 posts in this topic

GOD is not wrong! You may feel it is wrong, but you are not GOD.

The Bible can never contradict itself, otherwise it is a lie.

GOD places great value on human life, that is why he mandated the death penalty, eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth; and why it is still appropriate. If GODs laws were still obeyed, then we wouldn't have all the violence and murder that we have today.

if you execute a person who has not repented and turned his life over to the Lord, you condemn him/her to hell for eternity...    if they have repented and turned their lives over to the Lord, there is no real reason to kill them for in truth you are killing a brother or sister.

There is reason to separate them from society, but killing them isn't really doing any of us any good.

There are ways of making them productive in some way to pay for their upkeep, so they don't have to be a burden on the rest of us....   would just take some thought and changing a few laws.

Best way to answer the conundrum would be to abolish the death penalty. 

if you execute a person who has not repented and turned his life over to the Lord, you condemn him/her to hell for eternity...    if they have repented and turned their lives over to the Lord, there is no real reason to kill them for in truth you are killing a brother or sister.

There is reason to separate them from society, but killing them isn't really doing any of us any good.

There are ways of making them productive in some way to pay for their upkeep, so they don't have to be a burden on the rest of us....   would just take some thought and changing a few laws.

that's not true. God knows the time and place of each person's death. no matter who or what causes the death, they all have the opportunity to know the Lord. God is not limited by human time tables. if someone is sentenced to the death penalty, God will bring that person to repentence before execution if that person's heart is not hardened beyond redemption.

in the OT, when God commanded death for certain offenses, the penalty was to be carried out immediately. they weren't given the luxury of spending 20 years in a cell before their death. 

that's not true. God knows the time and place of each person's death. no matter who or what causes the death, they all have the opportunity to know the Lord. God is not limited by human time tables. if someone is sentenced to the death penalty, God will bring that person to repentence before execution if that person's heart is not hardened beyond redemption.

in the OT, when God commanded death for certain offenses, the penalty was to be carried out immediately. they weren't given the luxury of spending 20 years in a cell before their death. 

maybe, but three witnesses had to swear someone was guilty to do so.......      not the case today.....    I have had close people falsely convicted for things they didn't do.....   17 years it cost him, and three weeks after he finished his time the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office miraculously found the package with all the evidence against him that we had been asking for for 12 years......   sure enough genetics proved he was innocent.

I don't trust our system at all.     My Sunday school teacher is a 72 year old practicing attorney and he tells us that we should not even trust our police....    most cities have several cops that carry some kind of drug stuff in their cars that they can plant in yours if they think you've done something but can't prove it....  he has to deal with things of that nature off and on all the time...

Never ever under any circumstances agree for anyone to search you or any part of your property without a court order....   depending on which state you live in there are different ways that has to be done to protect you from things like that.

So having our system kill anyone is not good to me....  no matter what.

When someone commits murder, the land itself is defiled, and the Bible says the only method of cleansing the land is the execution of the killer.  I will continue to support the death penalty on those grounds.  Even if you could lock the killer up for life and make sure he or she never gets loose, it wouldn't cleanse the defiled land. 

i understand some are wrongly convicted. i've expressed the unpopular view before that i still believe in darlie routier's innocense. however, that doesn't change the fact that God's salvational grace is not inhibited by death row :)

Why would Jesus tell them not to kill Mary Magdelene and not say the same for everyone else who has committed a sin punishable by death in the old testament? Jesus abolished the death penalty and there is no denying that. To say someone deserves to die for a sin just as heinous as the ones we commit every day (no sin is worse than another besides blasphemy of the holy spirit) is just not right,

Why would Jesus tell them not to kill Mary Magdelene and not say the same for everyone else who has committed a sin punishable by death in the old testament? Jesus abolished the death penalty and there is no denying that. To say someone deserves to die for a sin just as heinous as the ones we commit every day (no sin is worse than another besides blasphemy of the holy spirit) is just not right,

Mary Magdelene didn't commit murder.  You can make a case against the death penalty for other crimes besides murder, but not in the case of murder.  That is one crime that defiles the land.  No, Jesus did not abolish the death penalty.  I deny that.  In the instance of the woman caught in the act of adultery (again, not murder), he simply told the people that he that is without sin should cast the first stone.  He never said they couldn't execute her.  The religious crowd was trying to accuse Jesus.  If he said to put her to death, and cast sentence on her, he would have to answer to the Roman government.  If he said not to kill her, he would be going against the law of Moses, which they were fully under. 

I also disagree with you that one sin is as bad as another.  If that was the case, all would have the same punishment in the law of Moses.  Nobody is going to convince me that telling a white lie is equal to capital murder.  Nobody will convince me that saying a swear word is the equal of acts of sodomy.  While all sins defile us, and all sins will keep us out of heaven, all sins are not equal.  I don't even believe they will be punished the same in hell.  I believe that each person who is unsaved will have their place in the lake of fire, and suffer different degrees of torment.  The Bible speaks of sins unto death and sins not unto death.  It speaks of presumptuous sins and sins done in error.  It speaks of willful sins and sins that were not done intentionally.  All sins are not equal, so I disagree with you that Jesus did away with capital punishment and I disagree with you that all sins are equal. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0