anthonyjmcgirr

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

because the universe is expanding, just means it had to begin somewhere, wether it's a singularity or not.

and what is correct observation to you? evolution has been observated in a way too. gravitational waves of the big bang have been observated too. your point is meaningless. 

As meaningless as 'observated'? 

Guest shiloh357

I don't see the Big Bang as opposed to the Bible.

The Bible says that the stars were created after the earth.  The BB says they were created before the earth.

But why can't the BB be the way God created the universe. I think it can. And I don't see that as a problem. I often think Genesis picks up where God started to cool down the mass we call Earth, and carries on from there. And since the Bible says with God a day can be as 1000 years (or maybe even 1 million) the 7 days of Genesis can be any amount of time.

The problem is that the Bible gives us a watery start to the earth, not a cooling start.  

The seven days of Genesis can't be any amount of time.  The Hebrew won't allow for that.

Please read up on what a lot of ancients and modern rabbi scholars thought about the genesis creation account. A majority of them agree that it is written in a poetic and symbolic nature. In fact a lot of the scripture has symbolic language all through out it.

Truth isn't determined by majority vote.   All 6 billion people on earth could believe that 2+2 = 5, but it won't change the truth.   Putting a low premium on biblical truth and siding with the view of fallible men against the Bible doesn't suddenly make the Bible wrong.   God says He made the earth in six days.  He didn't stutter.  He doesn't err.  So you can put your faith in God's Word or the the views of fallible men.  I'm a Christian.  I will go with what an all-knowing God says.  You  may feel free to trust in... whatever it is you trust in.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Science is a method of gathering facts, formulating theories that make sense of the facts, and then testing them to determine whether or not the theory holds true or needs to be modified. Recently there was a major discovery in cosmology that confirmed a previous prediction made under the Big Bang model thirty years ago. The Big Bang theory is one of the surest ideas in science because everything we observe now about the Universe points to an original starting point 13.8 billion years ago, when all mass and energy was compounded into a small point about the size of a marble. I'm not a physicist so I can only refer you to qualified writers on the subject, but every physics book I have ever read seems pretty confident, in the evidence before us, that the Big Bang occurred. If any counter evidence exists, it belongs in a peer reviewed scientific research paper.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Off with his head :D

Science is a method of gathering facts, formulating theories that make sense of the facts, and then testing them to determine whether or not the theory holds true or needs to be modified. Recently there was a major discovery in cosmology that confirmed a previous prediction made under the Big Bang model thirty years ago.

~

Modern Idol Worship (Scientism)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 2 Timothy 6:20

Philosophers have elevated such thoughts into the “anthropic cosmological principle.”

In its weak form, the principle states that the universe must be such as to admit and sustain life.

From Descartes’s “I think, therefore I am,” we proceed to,

“I am, therefore the nature of the universe permits me to be.” http://www.aip.org/history/cosmology/ideas/journey.htm

Begins In The Heart

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Of It's Worshipers

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c )

The astronomers who this spring announced that they had evidence of primordial gravitational waves jumped the gun because they did not take into proper account a confounding effect of galactic dust, two new analyses suggest. Although further observations may yet find the signal to emerge from the noise, independent experts now say they no longer believe that the original data constituted significant evidence.

The critique comes on the heels of a presentation two weeks ago by Raphael Flauger, a theoretical physicist at New York University, who re-examined a map of dust polarization that the BICEP2 team had used in their analysis (see 'Gravitational wave discovery faces scrutiny'). Flauger concluded that the researchers had probably underestimated the fraction of polarization due to dust in the map, which was compiled from data gathered between 2009 and 2013 by the European Space Agency’s Planck spacecraft. Flauger says that when the dust is fully accounted for, the signal that can be attributed to gravitational waves either vanishes or is greatly diminished. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/doubt-grows-about-gravitational-waves-detection/

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Some people have faith that our Lord caused the big bang.Going back in history from when I was in a class, certain Christians believed in multiple thing aside from their own Christianity.

As well, we also have different views on the matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

because the universe is expanding, just means it had to begin somewhere, wether it's a singularity or not.

and what is correct observation to you? evolution has been observated in a way too. gravitational waves of the big bang have been observated too. your point is meaningless.

Evolution has never been observed, not once.

Since you were not present to observe the origin of the universe you have no proof of how it started.  The Big Bang and Evolution are hypotheses and that is the most that can really be said because there is no experiment that can be conducted to test either one.

Ultimately, you have nothing in terms of anything that prove a Big Bang ever occurred.

Evolution has been observed by man. Just look at how all of our dogs today have descended from a single ancestor the gray wolf.

So to say that evolution does not happen is a sheer and utter nonsense.

Also to deny that there was a Big Bang is to also deny that God created the universe at one point in time because the Bible clearly states that the universe did not always exist and that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

That's not evolution - in the case of the wolf, that's selective breeding. It was done by man, for the benefit of man. And guess what? Because it was done deliberately by human beings, it's what you might even call intelligent design.

Domestic dogs didn't just randomly evolve from wolves - we made it happen.

As for the Big Bang, it may or may not be true, but the Big Bang believers are assuming that everything came from a singularity. No proof, just an assumption. They've even filled bits in themselves to make the model fit.

Only A Fool Thinks In His Heart, There Is No God

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,

That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome

when thou art judged. Romans 3:3-4

~

....Some people have faith....

....that our Lord caused the big bang.....

....Going back in history from when I was in a class,

....certain Christians believed in multiple thing aside from their own Christianity....

....As well, we also have different views on the matter.....

:thumbsup:

If You

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Do Not Believe

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

In The Power Of The Christ Of The Bible

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

You Too May Find The Big Bang

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Is Just The Ticket For You

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 1:3(a-c )

See?

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Nobody has ever seen an atom directly, with or without a microscope. Nevertheless, i think we all agree they exist.

doesn't matter if it was with a microscope.  It has been observed, so your point is meaningless.

And it has been observated that the universe is expanding, so if something expands, it had to start somewhere,  doesnt matter if it is 5000 or 13.7 billion years ago.

but because we have observated that the universe is billions of lightyears in seize, and light has a limited speed, it is impossible the that light has traveled billions of lightyears towards us in just 5000 years.

Not that that is the only evidence:

http://edition.cnn.c...tational-waves/

Evidence isn't proof.  That the universe is allegedly expanding isn't proof that the universe began a singularity.

Actually atoms have more than simply "been seen" at temperatures near absolute zero they can be manipulated and arranged as we wish.

http://www.research.ibm.com/articles/madewithatoms.shtml#fbid=zZqVGnxtFnK

What secularists call a singularity is merely an imaginative construct from where we can begin to explain what we do know - that there was a universal expansion. I believe Genesis version of singularity, or before time &space is summed up in a single verse or if you like a "uni"-"verse"

Genesis 1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

The reasons why scientists can never explain the physics of singularity is because there is no physics traceable before there was a physical universe and not only physical construct but time itself - because time itself is a physical property that begins with time and space, which were born by the hand of God.

Evidence for God stretching out the heavens however is there in the Bible as well. Can you find it?

In Christ, Pat

Edited by Macs Son