Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,079
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

but it's not your goodness that makes you acceptable to the Father, it's Jesus's.    One doesn't have to be totally sanctified to be acceptable to the Father.....   and further, letting Jesus into your heart may or may not be the same as him becoming your Lord depending on what you mean by "letting him into your heart".    Letting him into your heart is one thing, letting him control it is another, and in my world you are not saved until you let him take over.    In this discussion I guess I would say that you are "born again" when you let him take over......    and God knows when it's real and when it's not, and the rest of us seeing it in your life really doesn't matter.

Either don't "get it" or you don't won't to "get it". 

Let me try OMT:

Consider when one is born again he/she becomes an individual "Bethlehem" for the very life of God that conceived Jesus. Realizing and willing to take responsibility for such a thing is what separates out those who 'become' and those who don't. For that reason alone I don't believe I was ever born again until much later in my life after having "given my heart to the Lord" at 9yrs of age.

Ok lets try this.....   exactly what do you mean by "given my heart to the Lord"  when you were 9?

What do you think it means??? Alter call sinners prayer thing, maybe??!!

still no answers.......   I'm done....

Although you will have to leave your Calvinistic doctrine to understand a more reasonable explanation of the scriptures, in which case, you have more than a sufficient number of them for you to do so. Re-read the posts. There aren't that many.

if you think I am a Calvinist, it's not me that's confused within this thread.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

but it's not your goodness that makes you acceptable to the Father, it's Jesus's.    One doesn't have to be totally sanctified to be acceptable to the Father.....   and further, letting Jesus into your heart may or may not be the same as him becoming your Lord depending on what you mean by "letting him into your heart".    Letting him into your heart is one thing, letting him control it is another, and in my world you are not saved until you let him take over.    In this discussion I guess I would say that you are "born again" when you let him take over......    and God knows when it's real and when it's not, and the rest of us seeing it in your life really doesn't matter.

Either don't "get it" or you don't won't to "get it". 

Let me try OMT:

Consider when one is born again he/she becomes an individual "Bethlehem" for the very life of God that conceived Jesus. Realizing and willing to take responsibility for such a thing is what separates out those who 'become' and those who don't. For that reason alone I don't believe I was ever born again until much later in my life after having "given my heart to the Lord" at 9yrs of age.

Ok lets try this.....   exactly what do you mean by "given my heart to the Lord"  when you were 9?

What do you think it means??? Alter call sinners prayer thing, maybe??!!

still no answers.......   I'm done....

Although you will have to leave your Calvinistic doctrine to understand a more reasonable explanation of the scriptures, in which case, you have more than a sufficient number of them for you to do so. Re-read the posts. There aren't that many.

if you think I am a Calvinist, it's not me that's confused within this thread.

But I didn't say you were, did I?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Blessings Cross...

.I believe it was other one that pointed out the one who receives the Grace of God,through Jesus & suddenly dies ....having never had the chance to change their ways ...the filthy ,wretched sinner that believes in Salvation through our Savior.......we do believe,according to their earnest heart that they are Saved,yes?Well,it is by Gods Grace ALONE that Saves us ,,,,BUT,....aha,there is always that but,isn't there?

The person that TRULY has received the Grace of God is indwelled with His Holy Spirit,the Holy Spirit convicts that persons heart because they HAVE truly given themselves to Christ & to walk in obedience to Gods Way is a result of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.......it is not the obedience that earns Gods Grace........but I do not believe in OSAS so again I refer to

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should REMAIN: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.                                                                                                          John 15:16

One can "give up" or reject their Salvation by refusing to walk in His Ways,,,,,,but then the age old question remains,,,,,,"Was that person truly Saved to begin with?"                                                                                                           With love -in Christ,Kwik

"just being saved" is not what God is after, is it? If so, why the indwelling? Why the Comforter? Why anything except our  "lips service"?

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross.....

Not in my opinion....of course He desires that no one should perish ....but  He wants us reconciled back to Him that we can be intimate with Him and fulfill the purpose for which we were created..................to Praise & Worship Him PLUS relate as parent & child.Jesus told us we can have much more with Him (on earth as it is in Heaven).....we cannot attain this life more abundant without shedding our carnality & walking in spirit & in truth.And we are not told to go & make converts ,we are told to go & make disciples.................Oh yes,God promises us eternal life with Him after we die but He wants us to live in Him NOW......Christ in us & us in Him & we in the Father.....the Kingdom of God is in us......

The Lord has so very much for us,we just get in the way of receiving all He has to offer.......we must have a renewing of the mind ,think eternal.....there is so much more than just "being Saved"............as I know,my 2 cents                     Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I do hope I have expressed my thoughts pretty well because I am really getting a little sleepy,so please forgive me if I am here & there a bit-lOL