• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

So you're saying that when Jesus said "See ye not all these things" he was also referring to the wailing wall?

Unless himself and the disciples were abseiling down the side at the time, I doubt if they could see the wailing wall at all.

Most definitely! Any stones standing on top of another in that area of the Temple Mount. Regardless of who built the Western Wall at the Temple Mount that's still standing today, and even though that wall was not de facto the temple building itself, there's still stones standing on top of another there, and that's not even to mention the Dome of The Rock, and... the future temple that will be built there for the Antichrist to sit in and play God.

And if you think that 70 AD doesn't apply then the buildings which Jesus was pointing out which were destroyed, have not actually been destroyed at all but are going to be destroyed in the future, then that doesn't make sense at all. How can something that has already been destroyed be destroyed again. I think Jesus would have said "the buildings will be destroyed, rebuilt and destroyed again" if that's what he meant.

70 A.D. serves only as a TYPE, because the Romans did not place any abomination idol in the temple, for it burned before they could get possession of it. So your attempt to focus on only one point about the prophecy is also tending to disregard other parameters of the prophecy that must be fulfilled with it. The huge parameter you're leaving out is the FUTURE Jewish temple that will be built there for the Antichrist. When Jesus comes to destroy that, then you will know when the prophecy has truly been fulfilled.

You're creating a massive dilemma here for all Christians, one that can cause a massive crisis of faith, because that means that it's possible that prophecies that have already been fulfilled have not really been fulfilled at all, because they could actually be fulfilled again.

It's not possible for the second temple to be destroyed again because it's already been destroyed. It's only possible for a Third temple to be destroyed. That means that when the 2nd Temple was destroyed, that wasn't actually the fulfillment of Matthew 24 at all, because Matthew 24 was referring to an identical prophecy that should actually be applied only to the Third Temple.

Matthew 24 was therefore spoken by Jesus to fool everybody. That means that God speaks in riddles by allowing a prophecy to apparently come true, but it never did come true because that wasn't the real prophecy.

One of the reasons that we know the Bible is true is because we have seen prophecies come to fruition.

But according to you, it's quite possible that they haven't come to fruition, because they are meant to happen again.

That's enough to shatter anybody's faith.

It's also quite likely then that the prophecy that Israel was to be re-formed didn't actually come true in 1948, because it's actually meant to happen again. Therefore when Israel gets destroyed in the future by Arab terrorists, millions of Christians around the World will lose faith because Israel was meant to survive, but instead God went back on his word and let her be destroyed.

But don't worry, Israel will be formed again at some time in the future and second time around she won't be destroyed. The 1948 prophecy was just a trial run for the real prophecy that would come later.

Can't you see that the Temple was destroyed in AD 70 and just as prophecy said, no stone was left there?

But according to you that was just a blip, just a fluke occurrence, because the real prophecy is going to happen later. So when Jesus pointed at the stones and said "see those", he wasn't actually referring to those stones at all but some future stones that would be used to build a future temple. So in reality, even though it appeared that way, prophecy was never actually fulfilled at all, but has yet to be fulfilled.

I think you are speaking in complete riddles.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

So you're saying that when Jesus said "See ye not all these things" he was also referring to the wailing wall?

Unless himself and the disciples were abseiling down the side at the time, I doubt if they could see the wailing wall at all.

Most definitely! Any stones standing on top of another in that area of the Temple Mount. Regardless of who built the Western Wall at the Temple Mount that's still standing today, and even though that wall was not de facto the temple building itself, there's still stones standing on top of another there, and that's not even to mention the Dome of The Rock, and... the future temple that will be built there for the Antichrist to sit in and play God.

And if you think that 70 AD doesn't apply then the buildings which Jesus was pointing out which were destroyed, have not actually been destroyed at all but are going to be destroyed in the future, then that doesn't make sense at all. How can something that has already been destroyed be destroyed again. I think Jesus would have said "the buildings will be destroyed, rebuilt and destroyed again" if that's what he meant.

70 A.D. serves only as a TYPE, because the Romans did not place any abomination idol in the temple, for it burned before they could get possession of it. So your attempt to focus on only one point about the prophecy is also tending to disregard other parameters of the prophecy that must be fulfilled with it. The huge parameter you're leaving out is the FUTURE Jewish temple that will be built there for the Antichrist. When Jesus comes to destroy that, then you will know when the prophecy has truly been fulfilled.

Certainly the TEMPLE itself was taken down, block by block, to find any melted gold. I see that as fulfilling what Jesus said, that no stone would be left on top of another. So that part of His prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Since I am a newcomer, I hope you are not like some that insist all of Revelation (or most of it) was fulfilled in 70 AD. That would be nonsense. I agree with this: that the temple buildings were torn down to the very last block. It was torn so completely down that for many years no one knew exactly where the temple actually stood. I suspect that has been discovered and they are ready to buld again when they can. The Muslim temple is NOT on the spot of the Old Temple.

LAMAD

Another point to remember is Zech.6, which revealed that The LORD is Who will build the Temple (the one of Ezekiel). When we see the orthodox Jews build their temple under the Antichrist who they will truly believe is The Messiah, we know that temple will not have been built by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Can you find SCRIPTURE that proves the new temple will not be using Ezekiel as a guide and in fact it will be the final temple?  It is unlikely, but I cannot find any scripture to prove it.

LAMAD

Exactly! The man of sin did not enter the temple in AD 60 and tell everyone HE WAS GOD. This is still a future event. In fact, from the 5th seal on in Revelation most is FUTURE. We are now waiting on the 6th seal - the 5th seal being the martyrs of the church age.

LAMAD

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Certainly the TEMPLE itself was taken down, block by block, to find any melted gold. I see that as fulfilling what Jesus said, that no stone would be left on top of another. So that part of His prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Since I am a newcomer, I hope you are not like some that insist all of Revelation (or most of it) was fulfilled in 70 AD. That would be nonsense. I agree with this: that the temple buildings were torn down to the very last block. It was torn so completely down that for many years no one knew exactly where the temple actually stood. I suspect that has been discovered and they are ready to buld again when they can. The Muslim temple is NOT on the spot of the Old Temple.

LAMAD

Me personally, I am not a preterist and if you read some of my other threads, you will know that I firmly believe that Revelation is future. So is most of Matthew 24.

By the way, they now know where the original temple stood, the Israelis found out using modern archaeological techniques. The Muslim mosque is in the outer court of the Gentiles.

LAMAD

Me personally, I am not a preterist and if you read some of my other threads, you will know that I firmly believe that Revelation is future. So is most of Matthew 24.

By the way, they now know where the original temple stood, the Israelis found out using modern archaeological techniques. The Muslim mosque is in the outer court of the Gentiles.

Exactly. It is only a matter of time, and a new temple will go up.

LAMAD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

just an FYI,   the western wall that the Jews go to pray at is the support wall used to enlarge the temple mount......   three of these walls remain today.  The western wall is the one that would have been closest to the Holy of Holies.    It's not really part of the temple, just a retainer wall to hold the fill to enlarge the temple mount.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Inchrist,

I respect all opinions but you are right, that one is crazy bad.

Hey Spock,

Personanlly I feel the Jerusalem = Babylon has been covered enough all in 8 pages for people to make their own minds up, we even had a look at Literal Babylon being a candidate, what other candidates you think we should look at in identifying "Babylon the Great" ?

Be great if we go through everyone of the theories and see which one comes close

I agree, leave Jerusalem to Salty (I respect his right to have an opinion, even an inaccurate one, lol) , and move on. Makes no sense.

I think the top 3 are:

1. Rome

2. Literal rebuilt Babylon

3. New York City (my dark house entry coming on of late). It fits in Jeremiah 49-51 and Rev 18 almost to the T.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings All....

There is only ONE thing that I am absolutely sure of.....that nobody knows everything,as they do love to hear themselves talk!!!!!And no disrespect intended to anyone that believes everything is as plain as the nose on our faces but I think mant will be on their knees in awe of the things we will one day see,things we cannot even imagine

our way of thinking suggests that even the locusts of Rev.9 are monsters coming in the last days, because there has never been any such literal locusts with faces of men, teeth as lions, etc...                                                                                                                                     posted by Salty

I read statements of such quoted & I wonder...........does a Seraphin sound like anything anyone has ever seen,are they not such literal beings in an unseen realm?How about when we will see the beast as he really is as he is cast into the lake of fire......even his description as lucifer,jeweled & beautiful ........literal?The cherubim,are these not creatures we have not yet seen?

I wish everyone could open their minds to the mysteries of God & not try to squeeze God & Heavenly things into a little logical box of human reason.........I can only imagine....Praise & Glory to Almighty God!                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There is a lot of confusion in regards to the temple or sanctuary mentioned in prophecy.

The problem stems from the thought that the Bible means the literal temple of Jerusalem, which is not there.

So to get over this, people say that it will be rebuilt again, and then whatever is prophesied is applied thereafter, 

As a result we have to put all the prophecies into the future, and that does not work either.

The temple that is being misrepresented on earth is the temple in heaven which began its service with the sacrificial lamb of God - Jesus Christ. Based on Hebrews, this temple will conclude its service just before Christ returns. Rev 11:19.

The benefits of the ministry of Christ in heaven for earth, have been desecrated by the AC, specifically by a false priesthood, when  Christ alone is our priest.

The access that ordinary men and women should have to God through Christ has not been fully addressed, and the world sits in darkness.

The knowledge of the sanctuary is not even remotely understood by laymen and clergy. A view into this one major truth which the prophet Daniel foresaw in vision, will be given to God's people in these days.