• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Tapeats Sandstone: 100-300 feet thick. Formed from coastal sand dunes.

Grand Canyon Supergroup: 15,000 feet thick. Angled layers (10 to 15 degrees) of sedimentary rock and interbedded lavas eroded to a horizontal surface prior the deposition of the Tapeats Sandstone.

There is no evidence to support the creationist contention that the limestone deposits were formed from "chemical rich waters," and no reasonable explanation of how this could have happened. The enormous quantities of limestone present would require concentrations of calcium ions and depths of water entirely beyond any possibility of existing at any one time. They had to be formed slowly over millions of years as microorganisms extracted the dilute concentrations of carbon dioxide present in sea water to form the calcium carbonate which is the main constituent of limestone. Furthermore, there is no mechanism, and creationists have not provided any, to show how the huge quantities of calcium carbonate (limestone) could have been precipitated, especially in the short time frame alleged by young earth creationists.

The geology clearly shows that the Grand Canyon formations were deposited in an environment which existed as a flat coastal marine area for hundreds of millions of years. This region began to be uplifted at the end of the Paleozoic era. At the same time the existing meandering river systems began to cut down into the rock, keeping pace with the uplift over the ensuing millions of years. The Colorado River acted as a "conveyor belt," carrying the material, as it gradually eroded from the canyon walls, into the Gulf of California.

I maintain this limestone was formed pre-flood.  As time goes on creationist predictions that rock forms rapidly have been repeatedly confirmed. Most of your assumptions about the age of rocks and the time it took for them to form is based on illogical radiometric dating assumptions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I don't believe in a global flood, there are more species of animals on planet earth than what could of fit inside Noah's ark even when its just a breeding pair ( oh and don't forget the unclean animals that was on the ark too). If you get a concordance and do a word study on the flood you will find the word earth doesn't just mean the planet but it also means the dirt beneath your feet and also the local area around you. Don't take my word for it, do the research for yourself but just have an open mind. God doesn't want us to be ignorant of these things.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I don't believe in a global flood, there are more species of animals on planet earth than what could of fit inside Noah's ark even when its just a breeding pair ( oh and don't forget the unclean animals that was on the ark too). If you get a concordance and do a word study on the flood you will find the word earth doesn't just mean the planet but it also means the dirt beneath your feet and also the local area around you. Don't take my word for it, do the research for yourself but just have an open mind. God doesn't want us to be ignorant of these things.

Could you kindly give a breakdown of the number of original species there were on the ark, and the average space they would have each taken and compare this with the floor area of all the levels of the ark. From this basis we can determine the accuracy of your claims.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've never understood the scientific explanation of how there is sea fossils on the highest mountain tops around the world.  If those were the high points of land, wouldn't they always have been the high points and wouldn't they always have been above the sea level?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I've never understood the scientific explanation of how there is sea fossils on the highest mountain tops around the world.  If those were the high points of land, wouldn't they always have been the high points and wouldn't they always have been above the sea level?

Good point. It is amazing though, how flexible the earth is under billions of tons of moving water. The earth bends to accommodate the oceans, and would also bend down if they shifted.

These catastrophic tendencies exist all the time but are kept in check by God using several methods mentioned in the Bible.

One of these is the atmosphere which through varying pressure systems helps distribute ocean levels and assists in stimulating ocean currents. The ocean has to be continuously distributed because it has a tendency to do what your washing machine does with heavy towels in spin dry.

Once it gains a certain momentum and the smallest uneven distribution, it is impossible to stop destroying the earth.

Re to local v's global, it took 120 years of hard labor to build the ark etc, Why did Noah and his family not migrate with a few camels and in a couple of months be safe and sound in another land? Why collect a sample of every pedigree species?

Could you kindly give a breakdown of the number of original species there were on the ark, and the average space they would have each taken and compare this with the floor area of all the levels of the ark. From this basis we can determine the accuracy of your claims.

Can you? Other scientists have done the math and have concluded that it is impossible taking into account the size of the ark for a breeding pair of each animal species.

Also how do you explain how all the different animal species spread around the globe when all the continents are separated by vast amounts of water?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

In my day scientists said that during an atomic explosion, all you need to do is "duck and cover." 

So you don't need a group of men with poor domestic habits to think for you, just get a pen and paper, write down all the basic types of animals, check their size and how much room they need, storage space, and human spaces etc.

Work out the size of the ark using the older larger cubit about 21 inches. It has three basic floors, plus mini floors not mentioned as floors because they are rooms above floor level. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Trying to understand so I may need help; here is what I take from this post.

you don't believe in a global flood, even though God inspired someone to

write it down.

That first sentence leads me to think you do not believe an ark was built because

you also do not believe there was enough room on it from the measurements God also inspired someone to write down. Would I be wrong if I thought you also do not believe Noah even existed; he is part of the same book that describes the ark and its measurements.

without a concordance or word study and only a 12 grade education I already knew the

dirt beneath my feet was part of this planet called earth.

Last I am worried there may other parts of the Bible you do not believe.

If I received something other than what you said; help me get it right.

write it down.

That first sentence leads me to think you do not believe an ark was built because

you also do not believe there was enough room on it from the measurements God also inspired someone to write down. Would I be wrong if I thought you also do not believe Noah even existed; he is part of the same book that describes the ark and its measurements.

without a concordance or word study and only a 12 grade education I already knew the

No you would be wrong about me. I do believe in a real Noah and a real major flood just not that it was global.

Why would you think that I don't believe parts of the bible. Remember scripture says "we see through a glass darkly" the bible is true but is our understanding and interpretation of scripture always correct? The answer to that question is a clear no for we are only human and subject to error.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

write it down.

No you would be wrong about me. I do believe in a real Noah and a real major flood just not that it was global.

Why would you think that I don't believe parts of the bible. Remember scripture says "we see through a glass darkly" the bible is true but is our understanding and interpretation of scripture always correct? The answer to that question is a clear no for we are only human and subject to error.

Thanks I thought we are to believe the whole Bible and I got the impression you did not believe  All the bible. Glad I am wrong. but still confused.