question that has been preventing me from investigating Christianity f

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The punishment for sin is for the sins you commit. Not one person is without sin. The Lord, knowing people would sin, provided a way for their sins to be paid for. Get to know Jesus. He is your escape from punishment for sin.

But why is it I have to work towards a relationship with God in the first place? Why is it broken? 

Your sins keep you from God. There is only one way to repair that: through Jesus. 

Exactly. My sins keep me from God. But my question revolves around the idea that why does Adam/Eve's sins keep me from God?

we are related to adam and eve. were born into gods image yes, but since we are born into sin now, were not perfect. we all have sin when we come into the world. this is way we must be saved

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The punishment for sin is for the sins you commit. Not one person is without sin. The Lord, knowing people would sin, provided a way for their sins to be paid for. Get to know Jesus. He is your escape from punishment for sin.

God knew you even before the foundations of time.  He loved you and He already had an escape plan so your sins would be covered.  And if you had been the only one Jesus still would have come and died for you,would still take your place on the cross and cover your sins.  It's simple, He loves  you and always will.

I have wrestled with this question too, as have many people.  If I take an honest look in the mirror, I recognize that I have committed many sins myself.  Yes, I am dealing with the effects of original sin, but it is not like I can say I am sin free, and if not for Adam, I would have it made.  I like to think I wouldn't have eaten of that fruit, but who really knows?  Can you honestly say that you know for a fact you wouldn't have given in to the temptation, especially after your wife ate of the fruit that was supposed to lead to death, and here she is alive, handing you the fruit and having more knowledge than you possess?  I want to think I would be stronger than Adam, but I really don't know what I would have done, so I don't condemn him for his poor choices. 

I don't agree with you in that area. if you look in that scripture, adam was next to her. she did not have to look very far for her husband. he was given the power to watch over his wife and he fell into sin because of temptation. but we do fall into sin, were weak. I guess adam was notr as strong as I thought he was.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Moderator or Moderators,

I don't expect you to post this. I am writing this out of my clear lack of knowledge on how to contact the thread moderator(s)so please forgive my newbie ignorance if this seems a bit odd to you. I realize, in a previous post above that was approved that I had stated to Alex I had already answered his question in a previous post. That turns out to be a false assertion, since it did not get posted, I'm assuming that apparently it did not meet the standards, which is fine. I think I may have posted here on at least on 2 other occasions where they were apparently rejected as well.

I'm certainly not questioning the right of moderators to do reject post and fully understand there is a judgment call, since I used to be a moderator on another popular Christian forum myself for a few years. I was just wondering if I might possibly get some feedback as to why the post was rejected for future reference. I not aware of my saying anything much different than other posters that I've read here. If I did say anything offensive or not edifying to the thread I do apologize but I'm pretty much in the dark as to what if anything was deemed inappropriate at this point and thus in the dark in how to correct myself moving forward. Would it be possible to email me or send a notification to me? Just looking for feedback in order to be a good citizen of the forum.

Thanks so much,

In Christ, Pat

Alex, that is a really fundamental question that  a lot of people ask.

One thing to keep in consideration is that Paul tells us that the saints (saved people) will judge the Angels...    I don't know for sure when God made that decision, but it seems to me that it would have been from the beginning.    

You say that you think that humans were supposed to be some perfect things and live forever, but I would disagree.  God made us totally incapable of judging anything for we didn't even know good from evil (right from wrong) and knowing that we would judge the angels I find it rather impossible to think that he didn't know Adam would eat of the fruit and looks like it was his goal all along.....    It was Satan himself that introduced the ability to be judges.

While you didn't have a choice in their decision, you did inherit the result of it, for we are all born with an inborn knowledge of what is right and wrong..   Some people pay attention to it and others don't.    Remember that Adam and Eve ran around naked before they ate of the fruit and realized it was wrong to do so after they ate.....     it wasn't that Adam and Eve were perfect, it was that they really didn't know any better.....   and you do.

So, the real difference is that people today really do know when they are doing something not right, but some get to the point that they really don't care enough to even think about it.

You are going to spend eternity somewhere and it's your choice where you spend it.   Jesus came here and made a way for you to be with him throughout eternity if you choose to do so.   It's really not difficult to do.

As for punishment for choosing not to.......     well all I can say is that you have been informed before hand and if you choose to go to hell,, it is.....   well your choice.

I like your response but you did not completely respond to my 2nd paragraph at all. So I have bolded it for everyone since it is not being commented on much.

alex that was already answered on the second paragraph

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/08/1984

We are all accountable for our own decisions, choices, and actions from an eternal perspective.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

There are distinctions in punishments, the more one knows the more one will be held accountable by God.

James 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Luke 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

It seems to be a common misconception that Hell will just be one giant place of torment with no different levels of punishment, but Biblically there are differences in rewards (Luke 19:11-27, 2 Timothy 4:8, Philippians 3:14) and an elaborate judging process according to one's deeds (Romans 2:6, Revelation 20:13), so logically there will be differences in punishment also.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

Hello Christian Forums,

The question on my mind has been bothering me for a while now. It puts me into a very confused and angry state anytime I try thinking about it. I would appreciate as many replies and thoughts on this as possible.

MY QUESTION:
How was I born into this crooked and corrupt life apart from my creator? Whenever I ask myself this question I am directed to Romans 5:12. This verse takes me to the story of the first two  humans in existence. I realize their stupidity, but why should their decision affect me in any way? Was I consulted before they picked a fruit off a tree? Was I secretly involved in their defiance and disobedience? How in the world am I supposed to accept the punishment for a decision that was not mine to make? How did you and I get tangled up in this mess to begin with?

From what I understand, God originally planned humanity to be perfect and to live with him in harmony forever. How was the life God destined for me and you altered because of a careless decision someone else made? Romans 3:23 says because one man sinned we all fall short of the glory of God. When Satan/Luficer/The Devil sinned did all angels fall short of the glory of God as well? That isn't the case. So why is it humans are the only part of creation that this weird concept seems to apply to? Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

So why is it I'm sitting here now, in this incomplete state, where I have to reconcile with my creator before the end of my life or else I will be in eternal damnation? Why couldn't I live the blissful and worry-free life God intended for me to have? 

Thanks,
Alex

Dear Alex,

You ask great questions. Personally I have never pondered these, and it honestly doesn't bother me because we are here in a fallen world, and understanding "why" isn't going to change what "is". I'm sorry you feel confused and angry. I encourage you to pray to God and ask Him for understanding, as He is the One who has all the answers you seek. I will be praying for you!

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Mat 7:7  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Mat 7:8  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

P.S. Welcome to Worthy!

Guest Jesse

Hi Seeker.

God is even today creating children for himself by changing hearts.The inside of men,

The way of the world has been satan's way since the garden.

Adam and Eve did make that choice. God has given their children over to satan's system.

we are suffering under this system;but God also gave us a way to come out of this system.

This system is called babylon the great; the great confusion,and oppressions.

To break the bond with this system we need to seek God,by seeking the scriptures.

Jesus said in John 6:48--58. He said: eat my flesh,I am that bread that came down from heaven.

What He meant was,seek the scriptures for in it contains his spirit.

The more we seek; feed ourselves;the more we receive of the spirit;the spirit of Christ.

The less we eat;the less we recive of the spirit;until spiritual starvation accurs.

We are here on earth to make a choice between living good, or living evil.

We need to come out of babylon spiritually,and come into Zion the city of God;where there is peace and God fearing and love. In the world we have tribulation and sorrows.

We need to break that spiritual bond with babylon, and make a bond with the creator. 

There must be evil and there must be good;so we can have a choice.

Choose good and have peace. Put God first in your life,and your needs will be provided.

Seek the Lord and you will find Him. The Holy spirit will teach, if you seek.

jesse.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but Adam, and Eve's sin not only affected themselves but also of their offspring that they would have. It was passed down from each and every generation after them. Like someone has already said, sin is like deadly disease that has affected all mankind. It was not God's purpose for this to happen as he gives all of his creations a free will to choose right or wrong. He does not force anyone to do anything. He could have just left us to die eternally, but because of his great love for humanity he provided a way so no one would have be separated from his Glory and love. This was God's desire from the beginning. Angels do not marry and have offspring so their sins did not pass on to other angels.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/02/1961

Hi Alex.  I have pondered the question of original sin. What I came to realize through reading the bible and prayer is that if man had not sinned, then we would never, ever know the grace and goodness of God. It would still be exactly the same grace and goodness, but we wouldn't have a real, true need.  Man's heart was opened to know the difference between good and evil. Right and wrong. Sin and forgiveness. Your question makes me think, that you think, that just because Adam and Eve sinned they should have been cast away, but everyone who followed should be living a life of worry free bliss. Problem with that is that even if we hadn't been born into sin because of their fall and expulsion from the presence of God, sooner or later we would turn from God in some way causing us to sin and therefore need to be expelled from His presence also. The neat thing is that right from the beginning God gave us the freedom to choose. Then He turned around, died for us so we needn't be damned for our sins and gave us the freedom to choose.  I have been given a choice and I choose Eternal life, not because of who I am or how I act or what I've done, but because of Who Jesus is, How he chose to act, and what He chose to do.