IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There are many arguments about which day is the Sabbath day and whether it is still valid or not today. Any opinions? I use the Bible KJV and only texts from the Bible must be provided please to prove your point.

The Sabbath day is from friday evening to saturday evening.   But Jesus is the true Sabbath.   When I got saved, I entered into His rest.  I don't need the sabbath day when I have Jesus.

So you also agree that the Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening. I do not understand how you can say Jesus is the true Sabbath. The Sabbath is God's rest. How can Jesus be God's rest? Jesus is God's son. If we need to rest on the Sabbath like God, then we should rest on the Saturday, right?

what you don't seem to understand is that the Sabbath is a picture or foreshadowing of Jesus as our rest.   We rest in Christ for salvation, we rest in Him for all that we need.  Jesus is the epitome of God's rest.  He is what the Sabbath day was pointing to.  When we enter into Jesus, we are entering the rest God has provided for our hearts.

Actually Sabbath Day is a foreshadow when Yeshua comes back to the earn to rule as King for 1000 years of peace (sabbath). 

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Edited by shinethelight14

Hello, I'm a new member on this forum! Shabbat was never changed. It is and always be on 7th day of the week. One of the verses that convinced me that shabbat is still being observe today is Matthew 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

I've used to believe Jesus Christ was our sabbath rest until I read deeper into Matthew 24:19-20. If Jesus Christ was our sabbath rest that we don't have to keep a sabbath day, then you have to explain those passages.

The Sabbath is still being observed in Israel, so it makes sense that Jesus would mention it.   It's not a matter of the Sabbath being changed.  The church is simply not obligated to keep the Sabbath day.

Wrong. read the prophet Isaiah 56: 6 As for the foreigners

who attach themselves to the Lord, 

to minister to him,

And to love the name of the Lord,

To be his servants-

All who keeps the sabbath and do not profane it,

Yeshua our Lord even says that shabbat was created for man not man for the shabbat in Mark 2:27

Guest shiloh357

Actually Sabbath Day is a foreshadow when Yeshua comes back to the earn to rule as King for 1000 years of peace (sabbath). 

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Yes, it is that too, but it is ultimately about Jesus as our complete rest.  We reset in Him, now and we will rest in Him during the millennium

Guest shiloh357

Hello, I'm a new member on this forum! Shabbat was never changed. It is and always be on 7th day of the week. One of the verses that convinced me that shabbat is still being observe today is Matthew 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

I've used to believe Jesus Christ was our sabbath rest until I read deeper into Matthew 24:19-20. If Jesus Christ was our sabbath rest that we don't have to keep a sabbath day, then you have to explain those passages.

The Sabbath is still being observed in Israel, so it makes sense that Jesus would mention it.   It's not a matter of the Sabbath being changed.  The church is simply not obligated to keep the Sabbath day.

to minister to him,

To be his servants-

Yeshua our Lord even says that shabbat was created for man not man for the shabbat in Mark 2:27

yeah that is not talking about the Church.  That was talking about Gentiles who lived among the Israelites.  The Church in not in view in those verses.   Church was not revealed in the OT>   "Joining oneself to the Lord" in the OT meant to convert to the Israelite religion of that day.

When Jesus said that the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath, He was talking Pharisees who misapplying the Sabbath and made man a servant of the sabbath and instead of the other way around.

to minister to him,

To be his servants-

yeah that is not talking about the Church.  That was talking about Gentiles who lived among the Israelites.  The Church in not in view in those verses.   Church was not revealed in the OT>   "Joining oneself to the Lord" in the OT meant to convert to the Israelite religion of that day.

When Jesus said that the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath, He was talking Pharisees who misapplying the Sabbath and made man a servant of the sabbath and instead of the other way around.

Why did you apply this as not the church? This is about a people who come from a foreign country who have faith in Hashem. A believer in Hashem...thats the key phrase.

We believers as gentiles  were grafted into Israel according to Romans 11 by becoming Israel...not to replace Israel but becoming one...one in the spirit. 

Guest shiloh357

Why did you apply this as not the church? This is about a people who come from a foreign country who have faith in Hashem. A believer in Hashem...thats the key phrase.

We believers as gentiles  were grafted into Israel according to Romans 11 by becoming Israel...not to replace Israel but becoming one...one in the spirit. 

The Church was not revealed in the OT.  So the OT writers could not have known about  the church in the future.  The Bible teaches that the church was a mystery hidden in God and was revealed by His apostles.  The prophets of the OT never prophesied of the church, and so the verses you cited can't refer to the church.   A passage of Scripture cannot mean today what didn't mean when it was first penned.

So your application of Gentiles joining themselves to the Lord doesn't apply to the Church.     We are grafted into Israel, but we don't become Israel.  The Bible never spriitualizes the word "Israel" to refer to the church.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There are many arguments about which day is the Sabbath day and whether it is still valid or not today. Any opinions? I use the Bible KJV and only texts from the Bible must be provided please to prove your point.

The Sabbath day is from friday evening to saturday evening.   But Jesus is the true Sabbath.   When I got saved, I entered into His rest.  I don't need the sabbath day when I have Jesus.

So you also agree that the Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening. I do not understand how you can say Jesus is the true Sabbath. The Sabbath is God's rest. How can Jesus be God's rest? Jesus is God's son. If we need to rest on the Sabbath like God, then we should rest on the Saturday, right?

what you don't seem to understand is that the Sabbath is a picture or foreshadowing of Jesus as our rest.   We rest in Christ for salvation, we rest in Him for all that we need.  Jesus is the epitome of God's rest.  He is what the Sabbath day was pointing to.  When we enter into Jesus, we are entering the rest God has provided for our hearts.

The Sabbath that you are referring to is not the same as the one that is mentioned in the Ten Commandments. The Sabbath in the Ten Commandments refers to the first seventh day of creation where God has blessed and holied that specific day and He thought it wise that it be included in the Ten Commandments. Paul commented on the Commandments that it be held until Jesus comes again and most of the disciples and Jesus confirmed that by holding the Commandments you are showing your love to God and your neighbour. If you therefore ignore the Sabbath Commandment or any Commandment for that matter, you show that you do not love God. Obviously this applies to people who have already accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour. I also do not say that if you do not hold the Sabbath, that you will go to hell.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Sabbath that you are referring to is not the same as the one that is mentioned in the Ten Commandments. The Sabbath in the Ten Commandments refers to the first seventh day of creation where God has blessed and holied that specific day and He thought it wise that it be included in the Ten Commandments. Paul commented on the Commandments that it be held until Jesus comes again and most of the disciples and Jesus confirmed that by holding the Commandments you are showing your love to God and your neighbour. If you therefore ignore the Sabbath Commandment or any Commandment for that matter, you show that you do not love God. Obviously this applies to people who have already accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour. I also do not say that if you do not hold the Sabbath, that you will go to hell.

You also mention the name Yeshua. How many different names are there for God? Some refer to Yashua, Yehovah, Yahweh and you now, Yeshua. Do you think that God will be happy that people call Him different names, and they might all be names that He does not agree on? The Tettragrammaton JHVH and JHWH already are different from each other and now we have all these other variations?

Guest shiloh357

Sorry tff, but that is false teaching.   Paul never commanded the Sabbath be held till Jesus comes.   That is also a misapplication of what Jesus said.   Jesus said that the entire law was summed up in loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself.  

the argument that if you don't keep the Sabbath you don't love God is not in the New Testament.  The New Testament doesn't define our love for God in terms of observance of rituals or feast days.  Rather, our love for God is defined by our willingness to trust in Christ for salvation and live in obedience resulting from salvation, not from a need to keep a set of commandments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sorry tff, but that is false teaching.   Paul never commanded the Sabbath be held till Jesus comes.   That is also a misapplication of what Jesus said.   Jesus said that the entire law was summed up in loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself.  

the argument that if you don't keep the Sabbath you don't love God is not in the New Testament.  The New Testament doesn't define our love for God in terms of observance of rituals or feast days.  Rather, our love for God is defined by our willingness to trust in Christ for salvation and live in obedience resulting from salvation, not from a need to keep a set of commandments.

Amen Shiloh.

tff, can you quote the scripture you are using to assert that Paul commands that the Sabbath be kept until Jesus returns?