IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I can bet if we went down all 613 commmandments there a lot you don't keep. 

And that is why Christ had to come in the first place. Because none of us do.

Guest shiloh357

My point is that you are inconsistent.   If the standard of loving God is keeping the commandments, then until you are keeping all 613, until you have visited your perfectionism on your own disobedience of even one of the 613 commandments, you have nothing to say to me about the Sabbath.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The difference in Sabbath vs. Sabbaths is that the first Sabbath in the ten commandments was not a foreshadowing of Christ but a reminder of when the Lord rested from creation. The commandments; Thou shall not take the Lord thy God's Name in vain, honor thy father and mother, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not murder I simply do not believe were ever done away with but that God wrote them in our heart.

That is a false dichotomy.   The Sabbath as stated in the ten commandments is the same Sabbath mentioned in Exodus 31:13-17. The Sabbath day is mentioned in different contexts.   It is a sign between the children of Israel and God.  It is unique among the ten commandments in that way.  The Sabbath is a sign between the children of Israel under the Mosaic Covenant.

There are special annual Sabbaths, but all of them point to Jesus in one fashion or another, just like the Sabbath day in the ten commandments.  It shows that you really haven't studied out the significance of the Sabbath day if you can't accept that it foreshadows Jesus.

The Sabbath day belongs to the Old Testament economy and pertains to God's relationship with Israel, for ever.  For that reason, it is not problematic for us as Christians to see only nine of the ten commandments as applicable to the Church.   It isn't a question of it being done away with.  It's just that it isn't a part of the NT economy.

You are free to keep the Sabbath day if you wish, but you have no business and no right to tell other believers that Sabbath day observance is compulsory upon them.   All genuine followers of Jesus should reject that aspect your claims out of hand.

The Law of God was from the Beginning and Adam and Eve were not Israelies or any other nationality. The Law was given to mankind. God will not include the Sabbath Commandment in His Law if He did not think it was a valid law and God does not make mistakes. The Bible also teaches that nothing of the Law may be changed or that we must keep man-made laws.

So do you offer a daily burnt offering?  Do you sacrifice sin offerings?

No I do not, as that is not part of the Law of God that had to be kept until Jesus comes again.

But you just said that nothing of the law may be changed.   Now you say it has been changed.   seems like you don't really know what you believe.

You go ahead and try to keep the Law.   I'm a Christian.  I'll just keep putting my trust in Jesus.  'Cause that's what Christians do.

Yeshua said do not think I have come to destroy  the law and but fulfill. What parts of Yeshua words you don't understand?

Certain laws were abolished with the coming of Jesus Christ ie. circumcision, burn offerings etc. that were part of the law of Moses, also written on papyrus. The Ten Commandments given by God and written on stone by God Himself, are still valid in my opinion and still need to be kept. I also do not believe in quoting a name to say that it belonged to either Jesus Christ or God which is not confirmed in the Bible. To quote Yeshua, Jehovah, Yashua, Jahweh etc could all be wrong as there is only one name for God and if people are using any other name that is not in line with God's Name, then I think God will not be to happy about it.

Guest shiloh357

Certain laws were abolished with the coming of Jesus Christ ie. circumcision, burn offerings etc. that were part of the law of Moses, also written on papyrus. The Ten Commandments given by God and written on stone by God Himself, are still valid in my opinion and still need to be kept. I also do not believe in quoting a name to say that it belonged to either Jesus Christ or God which is not confirmed in the Bible. To quote Yeshua, Jehovah, Yashua, Jahweh etc could all be wrong as there is only one name for God and if people are using any other name that is not in line with God's Name, then I think God will not be to happy about it.

The problem with that is that the Bible doesn't make that distinction.  That is just something you manufactured.  Nowhere does the Bible say that some of the law is temporary, but the ten commandments are permanent.

You may not believe in the Bible but I do. The Bible tells everyone to remember the Sabbath. That's the Christian Bible. I realize that there are parts that are only old laws of the Old Testament but not all of the old laws are invalid.

No, the Bible only tells Israel to keep the Sabbath.  There is no commandment to keep the Sabbath ever given to a Gentile in the Bible.

If you are going to pick and choose what you want to accept in the Bible, you can make an argument that any part is not valid for you. Again, I believe the Bible. And it tells us to obey the Sabbath.

Not every part of the Bible is applicable for every person.  There are commandments that only apply to men, some only apply women, some only apply to you if you have a son or if you have a daughter.   Some commandments only apply if you are living in the land of Israel.  Some only apply to you if you are Levitical Priest.  Some commandments only apply if you own cattle.

You cannot simply argue that all commandments apply to all people for all time. It doesn't work that way.  Do you perform sacrifices? Do separate from your spouse once a month according to the laws Niddah?

Every passage of Scripture has a sender and a recipient.  There are commandments that were given ONLY to Israel and you need to come to grips with that reality.  God never told the Church to keep the Sabbath    He only told Israel to keep that law.    It was not transferred to  the Church and you can't prove  otherwise.

The Ten Commandments are to be kept by all of mankind, irrespective of man or women, son or daughter, Israel or not, Levetical Priest or not or whether you own cattle or not. This applies to mankind all the time. Referring to the old ceremonial laws all the time shows your non-acceptance of Jesus Christ's coming. The Commandments were given to all of mankind and not to Israel only. The sooner you realize that Jesus' crucifixion and blood abolished all the other laws which are not contained in the Ten Commandments, the better for yourself. You will always be caught up between all the laws that did exist which are not applicable anymore. 

Guest shiloh357

The Ten Commandments are to be kept by all of mankind, irrespective of man or women, son or daughter, Israel or not, Levetical Priest or not or whether you own cattle or not. This applies to mankind all the time. Referring to the old ceremonial laws all the time shows your non-acceptance of Jesus Christ's coming. The Commandments were given to all of mankind and not to Israel only. The sooner you realize that Jesus' crucifixion and blood abolished all the other laws which are not contained in the Ten Commandments, the better for yourself. You will always be caught up between all the laws that did exist which are not applicable anymore. 

That sounds like SDA dogma.  Sorry, I don't buy that.  Again, that is something you have manufactured, not something the Bible says.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Just because I don't observe a commandment I wasn't given to keep by Jesus doesn't mean I don't love Him.  Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath, not a single time.   I keep the commandments Jesus gave and are listed in the NT.  I don't have to observe the Sabbath because it was not given to the Church.

Sorry but you are spreading false teaching and your teachings are rejected. You twist the Bible to make it say what it doesn't say.  You have nothing good to offer here.

That is 100% incorrect. The New Testament, as I posted above, is full of keeping the Sabbath.  Do you through out all of the Bible except the 4 gospels?

Keeping the Sabbath is all over the NT.   But there is not ONE commandment to the church saying it must keep the Sabbath.   Sorry, but my comments were 100% correct.  He is spreading false teaching.   And so are you if you are saying that Sabbath observance is compulsory for the church.

Still incorrect. If your Bible is only 4 books, you go to a much different kind of church than the rest of us do. It is a law for all of us.

Sorry, but I live under the NT economy.  The New Testament doesn't command the Sabbath and I defy you to find ONE commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath anywhere in the NT.  You can trust in your observance of the law.   I'll just trust in Jesus.

And Jesus gave us the Bible and I'll trust in the Bible.

The Bible doesn't say that I am required to keep the SAbbath day.   So frankly, you are not trusting the Bible.  You are simply trusting in legalism.

Yes, it does. We all know it does.

Jere 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

New covenant with exact same old laws is not much of a new covenant.

You don't understand "add to" do you?

that is the whole point Jesus fulfilled the old law and added nothing to it, then he made a completely New Covenant and said he would write his laws on/in our hearts.

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Not every part of the Bible is applicable for every person.  There are commandments that only apply to men, some only apply women, some only apply to you if you have a son or if you have a daughter.   Some commandments only apply if you are living in the land of Israel.  Some only apply to you if you are Levitical Priest.  Some commandments only apply if you own cattle.

That is very true. And some are given if you are human. Read the first thing I said on this thread. Studies have been done. Read what I said.

I did not see you post any studies you spoke of, nor did I see you post any verses you speak of from the bible that says "the  church" must follow the Sabbath.

The problem with that is that the Bible doesn't make that distinction.  That is just something you manufactured.  Nowhere does the Bible say that some of the law is temporary, but the ten commandments are permanent.

There is a definite comparison between the old laws and the Commandments. 1 Cor 7:19 refers to the old laws ie. circumcision and says that it is nothing, which means it has no value, but the upholding the Commandments of God which is now important and has value. The reference to the Commandments include all ten of them. Gal 5:6 confirms that in Jesus the old law of circumcision/non-circumcision has no value, also a comparison between the old laws and the Love commandments which Jesus has taught. In Gal 6:15 you will also note a similar comparison and it mentions that the circumcision, linked to the old laws, has no power but the power lies in Jesus Christ. So my statement was not manufactured, but based on scripture. These texts confirm that the coming of Jesus Christ, has nullified all the old laws and for Him to confirm the laws that God has written on stone is still valid, says it all. The fact that  Mat 19:17 confirms that to enter life, you need to keep the Commandments. 2 Joh 1:6 confirms that you still need to keep the Commandments and 1 Tim 6:14 confirms that the Commandments be kept until Jesus comes again. Everything here has been proven by scripture from the Bible. I trust that you will accept this. If you don't, you need to supply me with scripture from the Bible to prove me wrong.

My point is that you are inconsistent.   If the standard of loving God is keeping the commandments, then until you are keeping all 613, until you have visited your perfectionism on your own disobedience of even one of the 613 commandments, you have nothing to say to me about the Sabbath.

According to my knowledge which I extracted from the Bible is that there are only Ten Commandments and not 613 of them. I asked the question on this forum if the Bible is a complete document to study from and everybody commented on it to say that is all I need. Where do you get the 613 commands because that does not appear in the Bible I use. I am not inconsistent in my statements as they all linked to each other and can explain everything as I understand it from the Bible. I originally asked that people provide me proof from the Bible but was shot down for such a request, but I get many requests now to prove my point from the Bible, a little bit biast I think.