IGNORED

Baptism

faith pleases God

Guest shiloh357

Sorry, but Mark 16:16 isn't saying that water baptism is necessary for salvation.   For Mark 16:16 to be teaching that water baptism is necessary for salvation, it would need to be included in the negative half of the verse.  It would have to read, "he that believeth not and is not baptized will not be saved."    But it doesn't say that.

Furthermore Mark 16:16 has to be read in the light of all of Scripture and not simply pulled out on its own.  You don't create doctrines out of verses you rip from their contexts, and string together.

Guest shiloh357

There is nothing in the Great Commission that says that baptism is salvific, that it has any atoning or saving properties.   You are trying to ascribe to baptism what the blood of Jesus has already done for the person who has accepted Jesus as Savior.    The blood of Jesus washes a person clean from sin.   There is nothing that water baptism can do that the blood of Jesus didn't already do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

There is nothing in the Great Commission that says that baptism is salvific, that it has any atoning or saving properties. You are trying to ascribe to baptism what the blood of Jesus has already done for the person who has accepted Jesus as Savior. The blood of Jesus washes a person clean from sin. There is nothing that water baptism can do that the blood of Jesus didn't already do.

You are a bless brother, you speak in the line of Jesus Christ, I am not trying to take the blessing you have from Jesus for my self, this is your gift to have this revelation.

If you permit, I would like to mention something.

Jesus did say:

this is the blood of the new covenant to be shed for the forgiveness of sins. Do this in my memmory, when we participate in the communion,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Okay thanks.

So, if I am understanding the comments correctly, Inchrist and thereselittleflower are Catholic and believe that without baptism one cannot be saved? I am asking them.

Guest shiloh357

I am not disagreeing with Jesus or Peter, inchrist.   I am disagreeing with your sloppy and unscriptural take on their words.  But you don't believe Jesus is God, so baptism is pretty much useless  for you.  One actually has to be a Christian for baptism to be relevant to them. 

Guest shiloh357

Close friendnt,

I see nothing about communion that directly relevant to this discussion.   Taking communion isn't necessary for salvation either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Close friendnt,

I see nothing about communion that directly relevant to this discussion. Taking communion isn't necessary for salvation either.

I did not suggest anything like that,( that someone needs the communion to be save). No never.

Only that Jesus said that forgiveness of sins is in his blood, I am in agreement with your presentation, only in his blood.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, I'll read any responses to my question, but I can't understand the need for personal attacks on another member of this topic (whether subtle or direct). Maybe I am ignorant? Either way, I believe this is not where I need to be at this time.

I pray that we all learn and grow in Christ with and through one another, through the love he showed us by giving all He had. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

But salvation is not conditional upon baptism.   Salvation by grace through faith alone in Christ alone.   Anyone who says that salvation is dependent on anything else besides Jesus is promoting a false gospel and their words should be rejected by all true followers of Jesus.

Well then I would suggest you take it up with Jesus not me

'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is BAPTIZED will be SAVED, but whoever does not believe will be condemned '" (Mark 16:15-16).

if you read that carefully, it does not say that if you are not baptized you are condemned, but if you don't believe......   what about those who believe and profess thier belief and die before they could be baptized......   I know of two occasions where that has happened when I was in high school.