• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

meviking-1.jpgI don't care what you say :45: I am not getting intimate with a gun :o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

That is incredibly profound noob. How can anyone disagree with that?

Lol

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jade....

Swords,clubs,hammers,guns.....it's all the same,weapons.I think protecting yourself ,loved ones or the weak & defenseless is okay in Gods eyes,there most certainly is a very big difference between murder & killing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Lord tells us we must obey authorities,laws etc......well there are lawbreakers & some very evil people in the world that have no regard for the law,for authority or even for human life ......law enforcement & police cannot be everywhere.I do not think any real Christian has any desire to hurt ,harm or endanger another human being ,let alone kill anyone but I do believe there can be justifiable homicides where deadly physical force is implemented

People kill people,guns don't                                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Yes people kill guns don't. I may not kill my enemies with my bare hands, but put a gun in my hand and scare me? Very easy to pull the trigger.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you lay your guns down the world will be Islamic in less than ten years.

If you say we should have no guns then we should have no armies for we have armies for the very same reason we carry guns.

Police officers should not carry weapons for they are just used to protect them from evil doers.....   God will protect the police from murders, thieves and terrorists.....   Right?????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

In my humble opinion, The Holy Spirit through Peter, James, john, Paul or even Jesus Christ himself did not teach us to respond to violence with more violence. 

Well remember that then

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In my humble opinion, The Holy Spirit through Peter, James, john, Paul or even Jesus Christ himself did not teach us to respond to violence with more violence. 

so, I'm supposed to set back and let a 250 pound muscled up dude rape and kill my wife and or grand daughter and do nothing.....   knowing full well I do not have the strength or skills to stop him....

i'm supposed to just say  "God help my wife."

Do we send missionaries out with weapons to defend themselves? We are all missionaries, and I respect your right to bear arms, Not against guns, but does anyone recognize the tone of this thread? I'm not prepared to send anyone to hell by killing them. I agree with self defense, but I don't need a gun when God is for me. We are at war, but I believe the instructions Jesus gave us are so much more powerful than any gun. Again, listen to the dominant tone of this thread. Anyone read the same miracles I do in the bible? God is near, Let us put our trust in Jesus,

ISIS are not killing missionairies...they are actually sending thousands to hell by killing those who are not Christians.  I actually do recognize the tone in this thread...I have not read

one post that suggests wanton killing or trigger happy responders yet that is what people who agree with the right to defend themselves are receiving from pacifists (who have not been tested

in their beliefs) who think that God will jump to if they need Him.

No one has responded to what I said about spiritual realities regarding what is behind the group ISIS...the tone here, IMO, is a response that indicattes

the reality of what is going on is not actually understood

I don't own a gun....what is disturbing me, is the belief that God wants us all to be pacifists and no worries...He will take care of it.   That is not historical...how about all the Jewish people

slaughtered...those were HIS people?  Why didn't He intervene?

No one wants to answer the hard questions....that's the tone

so, I'm supposed to set back and let a 250 pound muscled up dude rape and kill my wife and or grand daughter and do nothing.....   knowing full well I do not have the strength or skills to stop him....

or worse...some people will tell you that is God's will for you and your wife........

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Did Paul respond to being stoned by throwing stones himself? Did Peter and John respond to the violence of beatings by beating on them back or pulling out a sword? If this is correct about guns, then why is there not even 1 example in the New Testament of a believer responding to violence with violence after the resurrection?  I understand the Word of God to teach that Jesus was an example for us. Did Jesus respond to violence with violence? I believe a divided house can't stand. If we are fighting our battles, then Jesus is not. I believe the bible teaches that we don't fight against flesh and blood, but our battles are spiritual. Eph. 6:12.

Edited by firestormx