IGNORED

Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?

justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, gerhard eber said:

The way you have it here says and means 100% what my way of putting it says and means. The KJV and my rendering 100% agree. It is you who attach a twisted view to the KJV.

But the Greek, GOD IS WITNESS AND JUDGE, and I will say with Tyndale, may God take away my part in Jesus Christ if in one place I have twisted His Holy Word to suit my own preferences. 

Sir, I tell you here and now, I have ALL GREEK SCHOLARSHIP WHICH I RELY ON; you, have NONE. Sir, I witness here and now against you, that the GREEK AND GOD even above all Greek scholarship, allow and support my rendering and disallow and expose your rendition for the MASSIVE FAKE AND FRAUD UNDER SERVITUDE OF SUNDAY SACREDNESS IT IS. 

It is incidents like this, that make me believe how very real the Sabbath is a mark and sign that the LORD is one's GOD... OR NOT.  

The King James Bible puts Mk 16: 9 Correct. Whereas you put it wrong. You have ALL the WRONG Greek scholars give there own erroneous opinions. Your argument is with God and His word. You and your erroneous so-called scholars, HAVE to twist the Biblical truth to get your erroneous beliefs.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

10 hours ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

As far as I know, from past experience with Gerhard, he doesn't believe that Jesus was resurrected on 'the first [day] of the week'.  As far as my interaction with him (over and over in various places) is that he teaches a 'sabbath (7th day) resurrection', which is in error.

saying and blaming, no single Scripture...

On 8/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, Alan Hales said:

If you read Mark's gospel, You'll see that he records what Jesus did from Palm Sunday to resurrection Sunday, And Jesus was still alive on Thursday, He was still alive on Friday, up until 3Pm.  Jesus rose early on Sunday.

Thurs to Fri, 1 Day, Fri to Sat, 2 days. Sat to Sun 3 days, Yet Jesus rose early on Sunday, Not in the afternoon.

Fri to Sat 1 night. Sat to Sun 2 nights. Sun to Mon 3 nights. Jesus didn't rise on a Monday.

Allen Hales: '~And Jesus was still alive on Thursday, He was still alive on Friday, up until 3Pm.~'

Ignoring flat, defying, despising MURDERING Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 13:1 Luke 23:50.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

45 minutes ago, gerhard eber said:

Allen Hales: '~And Jesus was still alive on Thursday, He was still alive on Friday, up until 3Pm.~'

Ignoring flat, defying, despising MURDERING Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 13:1 Luke 23:50.

Alan Hales is correct in that statement.  Again, please refrain from such harsh terms.

Jesus was still alive on 'the fifth [day] of the week' (*) call 'Thursday', and so likewise for the following day, the 'sixth [day] of the week'(*) call 'Friday', until about 3pm (the 'going down' or 'declination' of the sun; at the time of the evening sacrifice), which is when Jesus died, having been crucified at the time of morning sacrifice, and thus was for 6 hours there until death.

Mark 15:42, demonstrates the 'preparation' day (Exodus 16:5, etc), the 'day before the sabbath', which is the sixth day of the week, aka 'friday'.  It was in that very same day that the women purchased what they need in 'spices', as Joseph of Arimathaea had done for 'linen'; Mark 15:46.

Matthew 27:57 is the parallel to Mark 15:42, and it's time frame, speaking of the day of 'preparation', and afterwards was the 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD, for notice, Matthew 27:62, "the next day, that followed the day of the preparation".

John 13:1, is dealing with 'thursday night', which is actually the 6th day of the week in Bible time, and is the 'evening' portion thereof.  Jesus was taken sometime around midnight, the hour of the power of darkness, see John 18:1-11; Luke 22:53.  Jesus was in captivity all night until the crowing of the rooster, and taken to Pilate, John 18:27-29, this being early 'friday' morning, still the sixth day of the week.  After many events that same day, Jesus is taken and crucified, John 19:16-30.  Jesus dies that very day.  Jesus is buried that very day.  Jesus remains in the tomb all the 7th day the sabbath, resting, from His "finished" work on the 6th day, just as God rested at Creation, being "finished" the 6th day also, entering into His rest, the 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD; Genesis 2:1-3.  Then following that, Jesus arose sometime before sunrise, on the first day of the week, aka 'Sunday', John 20:1, etc.

Luke 23:50 is the same timeframe as Matthew 27:57, and Mark 15:42 and their contexts.  It is the sixth day of the week, being the 'preparation' to the 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD, in His commandment, Exodus 20:8-11, for notice, Luke 23:54-56.

Luke 23:53  And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.

Luke 23:54  And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.

Luke 23:55  And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.

Luke 23:56  And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

(* which we basically call, though not technically, one is Bible time (even to even) and the other Roman (midnight to midnight))

Edited by ShinyGospelShoes
spelling; reference added

53 minutes ago, gerhard eber said:

saying and blaming, no single Scripture...

Do you, or do you not teach that Jesus arose on the Sabbath of the LORD, the 7th day, at some time?  Yes or no please.  You need to be explicitly clear for those reading.

Edited by ShinyGospelShoes
colour, size change

14 hours ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

Gerhard Ebersoehn, why are you citing, or writing in Afrikaans (African Dutch/German, mix)?  Does anyone here, except you read/write in it?  Do you expect anyone reading to understand what you are saying/writing, without immediate translation/interpretation?  What does the Bible say about that (1 Corinthians 12-14; especially see, 1 Corinthians 14:37)?

Do you read from an Afrikaans translation of the Bible?  I actually know people that are from South Africa, and speak Afrikaans (born/raised), but they are not here to translate for us.  Would you be able to put your thoughts into English?  I know that Africa (if you are from there) has a high rate of England English speaking peoples.

As I said to Allen Hales, it is the Scripture indications that matter. Surely you don't need to know Afrikaans to follow the Scripture references?

Which in any case are arranged STRICTLY to the textual sequence in the Gospels PUT TOGETHER WHERE TOGETHER. But read the KJV and / or Marshall. It is impossible to go wrong or jump from Scriptures of long before the Last Week to Scriptures concerning the Last Week ... like you do...

Read 'The Heart of the Gospel' in my Afrikaans translation over the Greek over the KJV (in a few - ,01% places, not exactly, but 100% in essence, the KJV exactly!).

Read an old edition here, http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books/Die Hart van die Evangelie - Die Laaste Lyding en Triomf van Jesus Christus.pdf

Read EVERY relevant Scripture in the last chapters of the four Gospels, in textual sequence put together in chronological and logical, historical order, word for word, verse by verse, context to context, using the King James Version interlinear with the Greek, and every shadow of doubt about Christ's perfect fulfilment of the Passover of Yahweh's "three days thick darkness" is dispelled sola Scriptura as per the Article of the Christian Confession of Faith, I believe in Christ, who was crucified, who died and was buried, and who “ROSE from the dead according to the Scriptures THE THIRD DAY”!

Read it HERE, http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books/Die%20Hart%20van%20die%20Evangelie%20-%20Die%20Laaste%20Lyding%20en%20Triomf%20van%20Jesus%20Christus.pdf

Edited by gerhard eber

1 minute ago, gerhard eber said:

... Read '***********' in my Afrikaans...

No thank you.  Therefore, please do not offer it to me again.

28 minutes ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

Do you, or do you not teach that Jesus arose on the Sabbath of the LORD, the 7th day, at some time?  Yes or no please.  You need to be explicitly clear for those reading.

You have engaged in conversation with me before. So you already know I believe the Scriptures, that according to the Scriptures and the BONE AND SOUL of all Bible Truth, Jesus rose from the dead Lord and Christ "IN FULLNESS OF THE SABBATH IN THE VERY MID-AFTERNOON DAYLIGHT OVERHEAD INCLINING TOWARDS the First Day of the week" so help me God.

Edited by gerhard eber

Ok, I am done here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

15 hours ago, Alan Hales said:

You have to know when the translators put words in for clarification, Otherwise verses like Mk 16: 9 wouldn't make sense. But whatever way, Jesus rose on a Sunday. And you can't get the third day from Wednesday or Thursday to Sunday. So whatever way, You are wrong.

Shalom, Alan Hales.

Just keep telling yourself that. You CAN get "the third day" from Thursday afternoon to Sunday night and I've demonstrated how that could be. It's simply that you don't WANT to admit it. That's all.

As far as Mark 16:9 is concerned, the word "day" is not there; it may refer to "night" or to a "24-hour period!" Because it refers to a "week" as the "Shabbat cycle," "sabbaton," it's more likely referring to the "24-hour period," which INCLUDES the "12-hour night portion," when Yeshua` rose.

So whatever way, YOU WISH I was wrong. Anyway, I'm done arguing about it, have fun with gerhard eber.