• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

That is incorrect and wishful thinking. If no one believed anything the far left said we wouldn't be in the shape were in today. In fact if no one believed them the riots may not have even happened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The protesters won't accept that. Since that's the case, you might want to think about how the rest of the nation, and the rest of the world is going to react if a lot of people start getting hurt.

Are we supposed to let the mob rule our lives now?

I thought we lived in a nation of laws.  Truth and Justice are principles worthing killing people over.  If we aren't ready to protect those with our lives, then they aren't principles at all, they're fantasies.

Guest shiloh357

That is incorrect and wishful thinking. If no one believed anything the far left said we wouldn't be in the shape were in today. In fact if no one believed them the riots may not have even happened.

That's not what i said. I didn't say that no one cares about anything they said.   I meant that no one cares about what they say in regard to this issue.  The ONLY ones that care about this is far Left.   It is the far Left that participated in the riots.  They are the ones that are fanning the flames.  They are polarized around this issue.  We haven't seen anything for weeks on this until just now because of the grand jury decision that is coming.

Regular people have moved on.  The police officer was exonerated and everyone knows he is not guilty of racism.  These protests won't mean any;thing to most people.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Malcontents in the US, specifically, the black community as it relates to this subject, have been aching for a violent confrontation against their perceived enemies for years now.  I'm sure you all remember the threads we discussed in the run-up to PBHO's re-election in 2012 and how all those thugs, criminals, malcontents, subversives, etc. threatened to riot if Obama wasn't re-elected.

The cause of this problem isn't because of Michael Brown's death.  It goes back much further than that.  There are thousands, maybe millions of people who are very discontent with their lives in the US right now.  They feel trapped in a system, that I believe was engineered by the progressives, that keeps them impoverished, agitated, and hopeless.

PBHO soared to icon status with his "hope and change" message.  It reverberated with a portion of our population that wanted to escape from the ghettos, and the hopelessness and despair they had from living in poverty for generations.

I think they are starting to realize that, with just over 2 years left in PBHO's term, the dream of escaping poverty isn't going to happen.  So, that anger and resentment is beginning to boil over again and their anger is being focused on "the man" instead of the policies of the progressives that have and continue to abuse them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

The protesters won't accept that. Since that's the case, you might want to think about how the rest of the nation, and the rest of the world is going to react if a lot of people start getting hurt.

I thought we lived in a nation of laws.  Truth and Justice are principles worthing killing people over.  If we aren't ready to protect those with our lives, then they aren't principles at all, they're fantasies.

I understand the authorities need to use lethal force if necessary. I'm not sure justice would be served if everyone protected their property by shooting people. A few years ago there was a guy in our local news who shot two teenagers breaking into his basement to steal from him. He did, however, admit to holding them at gunpoint, they confessed to him they were the ones who stole from him earlier and instead of calling authorities, he shot and killed them. He believed he had the right to defend his property. This of course is different than a mob situation, but the point is people generally don't understand you can't legally kill unless you fear for your life or defending another life. If you can physically remove yourself from the danger you must choose that option also.

Guest shiloh357

I understand the authorities need to use lethal force if necessary. I'm not sure justice would be served if everyone protected their property by shooting people.

Well if the protesters decide to get violent, people will defend themselves and their property and if the protesters know what's good for them, they will just stand around and chant and hold signs.

A few years ago there was a guy in our local news who shot two teenagers breaking into his basement to steal from him. He did, however, admit to holding them at gunpoint, they confessed to him they were the ones who stole from him earlier and instead of calling authorities, he shot and killed them. He believed he had the right to defend his property. This of course is different than a mob situation, but the point is people generally don't understand you can't legally kill unless you fear for your life or defending another life. If you can physically remove yourself from the danger you must choose that option also.

Yeah, but that is a different situation.  That guy was nuts.   But when people are on your property and breaking windows and screaming threats, they deserve whatever they get.   You just don't do that and not expect someone use whatever they have to defend themselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I understand the authorities need to use lethal force if necessary. I'm not sure justice would be served if everyone protected their property by shooting people. A few years ago there was a guy in our local news who shot two teenagers breaking into his basement to steal from him. He did, however, admit to holding them at gunpoint, they confessed to him they were the ones who stole from him earlier and instead of calling authorities, he shot and killed them. He believed he had the right to defend his property. This of course is different than a mob situation, but the point is people generally don't understand you can't legally kill unless you fear for your life or defending another life. If you can physically remove yourself from the danger you must choose that option also.

actually that is not the law in Oklahoma....    We do not have to escape.....  you do have the right to defend your property......   if they guy was going to kill the kids he should have just done so......   stopping and talking to them was really dumb.....   and just shooting them was down right stupid....  I hope he went to jail.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

The protesters don't have to like or agree with the decision of the grand jury.  But they DO have to abide by that decision.  

If the protesters decide to get violent, people will get hurt and it will be the fault of the protesters and they need to be arrested and jailed.  Once they decide to start causing physical damage to either private or public property, they have waived their first amendment rights. If people feel their lives are in danger and seek to defend themselves and people start getting hurt, it is the fault of the protesters.

It's the protesters that need to consider the consequences should they decide to express their outrage at the grand jury by crossing the line into violence.  As long as they stand around with signs and do all kinds of chants, that's fine.  The rest of us will just laugh at their stupidity and write them off as the morons and losers that they are.   We will just ignore them and they will go away and rest of us will go on our way.

But if they decide to pick a fight, they and not  their victims are the ones who will get the blame.   And frankly, who cares what the rest of the world thinks, anyway?   If the protesters decide to get violent and we respond with violence and put the protesters in their place, why should we care what the reset of the world thinks?   This is our country and we are sovereign nation and we will handle our own problems.  We really could not care less what you up there in Canada think or what anyone else in the world thinks.

Most of the protesters are peaceful. Many peaceful protesters have been tear gassed, pepper sprayed, beaten and arrested on false charges. Journalists have been arrested on false charges for no reason. Camera crews and news teams have had tear gas fired on them. Activists have gotten arrested for taking photos/video of the police when there is no law against that. Other activists have been receiving death threats from police officers. The KKK is threatening to come down and shoot protesters, including ones "pretending to be peaceful". I've done some digging on the internet and found some police in the area referring to peaceful protesters (including ones not engaging in violence, ones not engaging in violence) as terrorists. St. Louis makes a huge amount of it's cash ticketing people until they run out of money and go to jail. Is all of that ok? Is that all the fault of the protesters somehow? Are those things justified? Why don't you comment on that?

You really like to characterize all the protesters in one big group, but that's not the case. Not all people protesting in Ferguson are the same or do the same things, like any other group, like Republicans, Democrats, Americans, Canadians, Caucasians, African-Americans, etc... Same goes for people on the other side. Not all of them are simply righteous justice loving people who are merely defending themselves from the threat that these evil protesters present.

Nobody is perfect. Everyone sins. Maybe we should act like that's the case.

Guest shiloh357

I certainly hope for their sake that they are.

Many peaceful protesters have been tear gassed, pepper sprayed, beaten and arrested on false charges. Journalists have been arrested on false charges for no reason. Camera crews and news teams have had tear gas fired on them. Activists have gotten arrested for taking photos/video of the police when there is no law against that. Other activists have been receiving death threats from police officers.

Which is really hard to believe due to the fact that these protests are not based on anything but false charges leveled at Wilson.  Eye witnesses lied about the entire conflict between Wilson and Brown.   The evidence came in that that supports the officer's narrative.  There are African American eye-witnesses who had to testify on behalf of Wilson anonymously for fear of their lives. They took a huge risk to stick for the falsely accused police officer.

So these people and the liberal media reporting on this have such a history of lying and misrepresenting and presenting a false narrative of these things, it is really hard to believe their claims that the arrests were made under false charges or that people were beaten unfairly and without cause.

The liberal media jumped on the shooting of Brown and painted him as an innocent black boy who was gunned down by a mean old racist while police officer who shot him in the back.  They ran with that narrative.  Every time they reported on it, it was,"Police officer shoots an unarmed black boy."   They were angered when video surfaced that showed that only minutes before his encounter with Wilson that he had robbed a convenience store and roughed up the owner while stealing cigars.  The Liberals were infuriated because that video poked a huge hole in their "innocent black boy" narrative.

When you have riots and there is reasonable amount of fear that things are about to explode, officers are not going to wait for things to get worse, they take immediate action to protect themselves.  They react pre-emptively and if  I have to choose who to support, I will choose the police over a bunch of dregs who have nothing else to do, who don't have jobs and are mooching off the government and the taxpayer 'cause they're too lazy to get a job.  Instead of paying their bills and working and being productive citizens, they feel they need to bus in to Ferguson and protest something that has nothing to do with them, anyway.   Honestly, it's just a bunch of losers and morons who have nothing better to do. 

There was no racism attached to Brown's murder and they have nothing to protest.  But they want Wilson held guilty even though the evidence doesn't support such.  They want Wilson convicted because he is a white police officer.   They were not interested in truth, they just revenge and its simply unlawful to convict a man when the evidence shows that such a conviction isn't warranted.

And even if it turns out that the police did arrest people they shouldn't have, or beaten people they shouldn't have, I would point out that those errors in judgment would not have occurred in the first place had the protesters not been there inciting the police officers. 

The KKK is threatening to come down and shoot protesters, including ones "pretending to be peaceful". I've done some digging on the internet and found some police in the area referring to peaceful protesters (including ones not engaging in violence, ones not engaging in violence) as terrorists. St. Louis makes a huge amount of it's cash ticketing people until they run out of money and go to jail. Is all of that ok? Is that all the fault of the protesters somehow? Are those things justified? Why don't you comment on that?

I hate the KKK and I don't think they should be tolerated either.  I think if they come down and pick a fight, they will what they deserve as well.  I don't think the protesters are terrorists.  Our system isn't perfect, and never has been.  But the African American culture in the US has a lot of self-destructive elements to it.  it isn't the case that they are just innocent victims of the white man, no matter how they try to spin it.

You really like to characterize all the protesters in one big group, but that's not the case.

Yes it is.  They are all a bunch of morons.   Every last one of them.  You have to be moron to demand a police officer be tried and convicted of a hate crime when all of the evidence says that it is not warranted. 

Not all people protesting in Ferguson are the same or do the same things, like any other group, like Republicans, Democrats, Americans, Canadians, Caucasians, African-Americans, etc...

No, what they want is for an innocent man to be sent to prison on false charges of having committed a hate crime.

Same goes for people on the other side. Not all of them are simply righteous justice loving people who are merely defending themselves from the threat that these evil protesters present.

That isn't how I characterized the other side.  I have not said anything like that. All I said is that the protesters had better remain peaceful.  If they decide to cross the line, they may get more than they reckoned, and if so, they deserve everything that comes their way.

Nobody is perfect. Everyone sins. Maybe we should act like that's the case.

This isn't about who is or isn't perfect.  This about a bunch of idiots who want a man to fry for a hate crime he didn't commit.

Sorry, but I have NO respect for these protesters.  They have no legitimate cause to protest the findings of the Grand Jury.  They are only exposing themselves for morons they are. 

Why do you defend their unjust cause?