• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1991

Recently, I discussed with my friends on the subject " How can we recognize the answer of God".

There were so many different ideas from each of my friends.

I said that It's by the situation. Sometimes we see the situation changed after praying.

(My friends expressed their concern " But we can misunderstand the situation with our own desire.".

When I said " God will prevent us from our wrong decision by things like a sudden accident.",

they answered " Maybe, but God allowed us FREE WILL.")  

My friend A insisted that It's only by the mouth of other people.

(I asked her " But what if each people gives us a different advice? Even sometimes each teacher in Chruch have a different opinion on the same subject. How can we distinguish the best one? ")

My friend B had a different idea : When we find or remember some lines from the Bible after praying, because everything we need is already mentioned in the Bible.

(But It's really hard to find the exact one with the subject like " Which one do I have to chose, staying with my Fiance who just got really good job in my city and want to marry me soon as we planned, or Studying abroad with unlimited time for a sudden but my old dream opportunity?")  

My friend C mentioned her experience : She recognized the answer of God when a sudden idea came across her mind with confidence.  (Yes,we said " It could be just a delusion caused by your desire from deep inside, but was matched with your problem by chance. We can't believe our own idea because of desires.") 

My friend D pointed that : All of those things can be possible, because God has many ways to express his will.

(What if each of them has a different answer? For example with the case above, the girl got a sudden scholarship for her study. Every people advised her it's not a good idea. She just found some lines related to " Patience" in the BIble. She really want to go studying abroad but isn't sure because she loves her fiance. which one does she have to follow? )

Some people suggested us that we can be sure about the answer after receiving same thing more than 3 times.

How about you guys? How do you recognize the answer of God?

Edited by Melissa.T

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I know when God answers because I see the answer, every time. Here is one example.

Last weekend (the other mod's know this), I took a break with 12 men from my church and went fishing in a very wild place that takes three hours of driving, much of it in 4x4 to get to. It is an old house on the beach that I use for overnight stops when doing turtle monitoring, anti poaching, etc. It has an old generator for power, a borehole for water and not much else.The guys are all seasoned Christians and are leaders in our church and we have know each other for years. My brother was along on the trip as well.

We fished all day Saturday, and in the afternoon I got a hook in the top of my left hand just between the fingers. The hook had been stuck in a rock and I pulled and when it came loose it shot back and got me. The barb did not get into the skin thankfully. Thing is I am allergic to most seafood except fish and the hook was baited with squid.

Within an hour my left hand was itching and beginning to swell. That evening we were around the fire talking, discussing scripture, and generally hanging out, occasionally praying for someone, but generally just chilling and throwing some meat on the fire.

I decided to go and "shower", which means standing in an old tub and poring warm water over your head with a small ladle type thing. My brother knocked and said, when I was done they wanted to pray for me (I am having a very stressful time at work and my boss and a friend were killed in an accident three days before we went away - I was very fragile emotionally).

I finished washing and went outside. By this time they were ready to lay hands and pray for me.

I asked them if we could pray for healing for my hand (I had not said anything to anyone). When I showed it to them the reaction was WOW! My hand looked like a small boxing glove, I could not see my knuckles because it was that swollen. It was not painful but very itchy.

One of the guys Steve, and my brother Rob said OK lets fix this. They all laid hands over mine and prayed healing for about 3 or so minutes. Every one of us was certain of an answer.

They took their hands off mine and the swelling was gone. Completely. My hand was normal with a slight residual itch. 12 men saw a miracle of healing. 12 men expected a miracle of healing because God told them, in scripture, that they could heal through Him. 12 men took it as normal and went back to cooking meat on the fire.

That's how I recognize the answer of God. I simply know He will.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Melissa,

I believe we will know if the answer is from God if we can back it up in scripture.  Prayer and knowing God's word will always be your best guide.  Blessings sister.

Because He Lives!  Faith

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Melissa,,,,,

There are many ways God answers prayer,depending on what it is you have prayed about or asked for and however God decides to do so ,,,,there is but one rule of thumb,,,,,whatever that answer is,it will never contradict Gods Word,,,,And sometimes by not receiving an answer,Our Father may be telling you that you are asking or praying for the wrong thing as it may not be according to His Will for you

The more intimate in relationship you are with the Lord ,the more you w4ant to talk with Him ,the more you talk to Him ,the more intimate you become.......that is what is important,you start to become more sensitive to the indwelling of His Holy Spirit....He can answer you with a "knowing 'in the eyes of your understanding(in your heart),,,,God speaks to us through His Living Word as you seek Him earnestly, through the mouth of 2 or 3 people,through dreams or visions,,,,,,remember,He is Almighty Sovereign God,He can do whatever He wants,He can do the impossible....God is not conformed to a tidy little set rule & He is not a God of situations or circumstance,,,,,,,,,you have to listen to that still,small voice sometimes,,,the voice is not the problem,,,its the hearing-lol.........

But as I said ,Gods answers are never confusing or unclear,it will always have Scriptural support & there is always confirmation     Love,Kwik

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.                            

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

God's answer will not contradict Scripture. It will not be ungodly.

God's answer can be confirmed by the prophets, a voice from heaven and the Holy Spirit, as these witnessed Jesus baptism. This might be represented by verses from the Bible, the still small voice within us, and from godly mature Christians such as a pastor. So I agree with the 3 witnesses.

When we pray earnestly asking that God's will be done, not ours, we can receive answers of yes, no, or wait. But we are also told that we have not because we ask not. So if we have a genuine need, we are told to ask of God. We are also told to cast all our cares upon Him because He cares for us.

We should not pray amiss, to spend upon our pleasures. James 4:3

Should we receive and answer that makes us very uneasy, or has taken away the peace that God gives us, it is likely not from God. We are told to let the Peace of God rule (act as an umpire) in our hearts. Col.3:15.

Hope this helps,

Willa

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,424
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In the unique aspect of the endless abilities of our Lord: As we 'each', as unique, have

the communication of Him to us personally... In this communication through His spoken

creation & written Word we come to a belief formed from that written Word called faith so

that we exchange all that we are by first begin to that of second begin not clinging to any

of the first created realities as an eternal continuance...

The confusion of not knowing His voice is a very dire state of possibly of not being

of Him for God states

John 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

KJV

There can be no greater pursuit than to establish by Jesus this personal relationship with

God... and you will know His voice! You will relinquish your own understanding to that of

His Written Explanative Word as The way, The truth, the life... Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Recently, I discussed with my friends on the subject " How can we recognize the answer of God".

There were so many different ideas from each of my friends.

I said that It's by the situation. Sometimes we see the situation changed after praying.

(My friends expressed their concern " But we can misunderstand the situation with our own desire.".

When I said " God will prevent us from our wrong decision by things like a sudden accident.",

they answered " Maybe, but God allowed us FREE WILL.")  

My friend A insisted that It's only by the mouth of other people.

(I asked her " But what if each people gives us a different advice? Even sometimes each teacher in Chruch have a different opinion on the same subject. How can we distinguish the best one? ")

My friend B had a different idea : When we find or remember some lines from the Bible after praying, because everything we need is already mentioned in the Bible.

(But It's really hard to find the exact one with the subject like " Which one do I have to chose, staying with my Fiance who just got really good job in my city and want to marry me soon as we planned, or Studying abroad with unlimited time for a sudden but my old dream opportunity?")  

My friend C mentioned her experience : She recognized the answer of God when a sudden idea came across her mind with confidence.  (Yes,we said " It could be just a delusion caused by your desire from deep inside, but was matched with your problem by chance. We can't believe our own idea because of desires.") 

My friend D pointed that : All of those things can be possible, because God has many ways to express his will.

(What if each of them has a different answer? For example with the case above, the girl got a sudden scholarship for her study. Every people advised her it's not a good idea. She just found some lines related to " Patience" in the BIble. She really want to go studying abroad but isn't sure because she loves her fiance. which one does she have to follow? )

Some people suggested us that we can be sure about the answer after receiving same thing more than 3 times.

How about you guys? How do you recognize the answer of God?

it's interesting how you worded this question; if i answer it literally, then i would have to say that the answer of God is always already revealed in His revealed written word (that portion of scripture for which you have sought and recieved His meaning through fellowship with Him).  but i'm not sure that this is what you are asking.

if you had asked 'how do we know if God will answer our prayer requests?' i would have to say that this is an invalid question, as God has already offered us continuous fellowship with Him that has already made His wisdom continuously available to us to receive what He has already made available to us to meet all our needs and have more to use for every good work He leads us to do.

God doesn't respond to us, we respond to what He has already made available to us through grace; either in faith that He has already made His leading available and that as His sheep we hear and follow that leading, or in unbelief as we decide what is best and ask God to bless our decision.

2Pe 1:1-4 KJV
(1)  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
(2)  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
(3)  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(4)  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

to them that have obtained like precious faith <as Peter had received>...According as his divine power hath given unto us <those who have recieved like precious faith> all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge <or knowing> of him...Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by <faith in> these <promises> ye might be partakers <of what He hath already given to us - all things that pertain to life and godliness, the 'divine nature'>
Edited by disciplehelovestoo

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,249
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

What a wonderful testimony Fez. Thank you for sharing that. It was good to hear you had some time doing outdoor things with your work mates, especially after the `grief` you would be going through. I think the healing of your hand would have been a comfort to your emotions also. May God continue to take you through this difficult time.

Now Melissa,

That is a very good question & people have given you much good advice. I think it is a life long quest as we continually seek to know the Lord more & more. When we are just babes in Christ I believe He answers us obviously, meaning some way we can easily recognise, while as we mature we probably tend to ask less & trust more, plus we understand more of what the Lord is doing in our lives & we just follow Him in it.  

Blessings, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Melissa,

How to discern the answer of God?  Great question: My answer would be through prayer, meditation on the word, and following the examples not only in the bible, but those of other believers in God.  The word and prayer are our direct connections to God and I feel that when both are truly followed then understanding God's answers for us will be easier to come by.  Also, the connection humans have with each other and the wisdom of older believers has always helped me find my direction when life gets in the way.  Don't forget give to God what is God's and give to Cesar what is Cesar's.  That passage always stands out for my because the world we live in has rules for us, but God has rules too, love the lord your God with all your heart soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.  Remembering that with God's wisdom, the bible, and our connection to Him through prayer we will do what is right in the eyes of God.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

You spoke of someone needing to make a choice. Which one will help to strengthen her relationship with God?

Will marrying her fiance lead her to be closer to God and a good church? Is he a man who loves God and will seek to be a godly husband? Can she see herself living without this person? Does contributing to this person's life play a part of her commitment to him?

Or is her interest in him selfish, thinking only about what he can do for her?. Do the two truly enjoy each others' company as best friends? Do they pray aloud together?

Will going abroad lead her closer to God? Will there be good churches there with godly friends? Fulfilling life goals can be very important if those goals are godly, caring and giving, and not selfish ambition to promote fame and fortune. Is she willing to sacrifice everything but her relationship with God to fulfill this goal, such as marriage and family, to be a career person?

So my answer is that she should examine herr motives for each choice.