• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Was that referring to Paul's time, is it generally for all time or is it specifically as we approach the End Times?

I believe that I can see many examples of it now.

In context:

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(KJV)

Guest Teditis

It seems to me that verses 6-9 put the context into the times that the "mystery of lawlessness"

will be revealed... in the future, I think?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It seems to me that verses 6-9 put the context into the times that the "mystery of lawlessness"

Are we seeing this already though in some individual cases, but in the future it will be on a much bigger scale?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I would say we are. His time is drawing near.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It was very near to Paul's time and continuing from there and is still taking place today. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th centuries were terrible times for the Christian religion. Heavy persecution mixed with infiltration of pagan doctrines, followed by Rome taking over the religion and mixing it with it's ideas. The truth was slowly disregarded and men's lies became a part of the religion. Many false doctrines became normal and still serve as a foundational doctrines of today. Most are still living those lies, until the Messiah shall correct them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

It is my understanding doctrinally that when the paul uses the word end times, he is refering to the entire stretch of time from pentecost to now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Are we seeing this already though in some individual cases, but in the future it will be on a much bigger scale?

I don't think we can comprehend until he who is restraining is taken out of the way.

I do think that the scripture that tells us that things we be as they were in the days of Noah are speaking of more than eating and drinking and giving in marriage.   I think the world spiritual situation will be the same.

Satan and at least 30 million fallen angels will be around from being kicked out of the heavens....   that's got to be a problem...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Was that referring to Paul's time, is it generally for all time or is it specifically as we approach the End Times?

In context:

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(KJV)

The antichrist.Who will be revealed in the future.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

In context:

(KJV)

Those 10-12 verses go with the subject of the 2 Thess.2:3-9 verses, which is about the falling away to worship the coming Antichrist that is to sit in the temple playing God. That... is the "strong delusion" Paul was talking about. That event is specifically for the "great tribulation" timing Jesus forewarned of in Matthew 24 and Mark 13, and it involves the placing of the "abomination of desolation" idol in Jerusalem.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

In context:

(KJV)

It refers to now of course!  Anyone who doesn't receive gods love this happens to.  Jesus blotted out the worlds sin, but how many people actually believe that?