Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

"Therefore be on the alert", "you also must be ready", "you too, be ready", "keep on the alert".

The events of end times prophecy are going to happen exactly as foretold regardless of how we understand them.  All of the debating in the world will not alter how things will come to pass, yet, for some reason, we feel compelled to focus on that which we have no control over.  I feel it would be beneficial to us as brothers and sisters in Christ to discuss what it means for us to "be ready" since we are exhorted several times by our Lord to be so.

Some things that I see as helping us be ready regardless of how we understand prophecy include:

"See to it that no one misleads you." Matthew 24:4  Deception will abound and the only defense against it is truth.  God's word is truth and the Holy Spirit will guide us as we pray for understanding.  Specifically, regarding Christ's return, it will be as obvious as the lightning flashing across the sky.  It won't happen and you not know it.

“Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life..." Luke 21:34  This is a call to not be entangled in the affairs and ways of the world but rather to redeem the time.  This world is not our home and this life is temporary.

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ." Philippians 3:7  We can not become too attached to stuff, or status, or even family members if we are forced to decide between keeping that or following Christ.

I think that if these things reflect our perspective and activity that we will be ready and able to adapt to whatever the future holds in a way that is pleasing to Christ.  I understand that what people see as "being ready" will depend largely on what they expect to encounter but these three things should serve a believer well even outside the context of end times prophecy.  I'd be interested in hearing what others consider it to mean to "be ready".

:thumbsup:

To Be Ready

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:17-19

Believe

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:20-22

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

Matthew 25

25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

“At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

“Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

“‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Have you wicks trimmed (have your life in order)

Have your Lamps filled (have your hearts full of the Holy Spirit and on the things of God)

And watch for the coming.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think that if these things reflect our perspective and activity that we will be ready and able to adapt to whatever the future holds in a way that is pleasing to Christ.  I understand that what people see as "being ready" will depend largely on what they expect to encounter but these three things should serve a believer well even outside the context of end times prophecy.  I'd be interested in hearing what others consider it to mean to "be ready".

We have no choice but to live in this world until Jesus returns or we die.   Some believe we go prior to most of the really bad things and then there are people as myself who just don't see the early flight but wait until he actually returns.....    To me, "Be ready" means to be prepared to do either.  While I do still hope for the early flight and try to keep myself prepared to take off at any time, I have also been preparing myself to stay if that's my lot.  While I'm not into a lot of pain, I have decided that it is much better to loose your head than to die from prostate or lung cancer or any number of any other natural things...

What it means to be ready for me is to understand that a great deception is coming and we should be very skeptical over everything that comes along while we are still here, and to be content in whatever comes along.    I see no reason we should not participate in what goes on in the world as long as we don't get caught up in it in ways that it comes between us and the Lord.  We have worked hard all our lives to set some back so as not to be any burden to others and we do things to enjoy ourselves off and on.....    but we also help fund our church and others when times are needed and know full well that at any time all that we have done can be wiped away with one big disaster......    but to be ready is to simply accept it and go on with whatever comes.

If I had the choice, my wife and I would simply go away to be with the Lord tonight....    but unfortunately I don't get to choose that time.   but I don't have to be miserable while we wait.......   no matter what comes along.      If disaster comes our way instead of the good times we've worked so hard to set up and been enjoying........     Oh well,      and that's" being ready".

I think Paul said it best when he said, I can do all things through Him.            I don't think he is saying that he can do or make anything happen, I think he is saying that he, through the power of the Holy Spirit, can get through anything.

Take the mark or die......    Oh, that decision is already made.....   and that's also "being ready".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

"Therefore be on the alert", "you also must be ready", "you too, be ready", "keep on the alert".

The events of end times prophecy are going to happen exactly as foretold regardless of how we understand them.  All of the debating in the world will not alter how things will come to pass, yet, for some reason, we feel compelled to focus on that which we have no control over.  I feel it would be beneficial to us as brothers and sisters in Christ to discuss what it means for us to "be ready" since we are exhorted several times by our Lord to be so.

Some things that I see as helping us be ready regardless of how we understand prophecy include:

"See to it that no one misleads you." Matthew 24:4  Deception will abound and the only defense against it is truth.  God's word is truth and the Holy Spirit will guide us as we pray for understanding.  Specifically, regarding Christ's return, it will be as obvious as the lightning flashing across the sky.  It won't happen and you not know it.

“Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life..." Luke 21:34  This is a call to not be entangled in the affairs and ways of the world but rather to redeem the time.  This world is not our home and this life is temporary.

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ." Philippians 3:7  We can not become too attached to stuff, or status, or even family members if we are forced to decide between keeping that or following Christ.

while I don't have three years supply of food, if the scripture is correct and some dictator insist on a universal mark to buy or sell seems the prepers just may be on to something

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I look at things a bit differently.  Since I am not guaranteed another minute of life, I believe I should always be ready to pass onto the next life.  IF He chooses for me to live another day, it is a blessing to me.  If not, it is also a blessing to me, so being ready is a constant thought of mine.

If I happen to live to the day when we cannot buy or sell without the mark, I also have faith that God will provide, just as He provided the forty years in the desert for Moses and the Hebrews.  We are just as much a child of God as they are.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

while I don't have three years supply of food, if the scripture is correct and some dictator insist on a universal mark to buy or sell seems the prepers just may be on to something

Only if they can get away and hide.....   for if they refuse to worship the beast they will die....   food or no food.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi last Daze,

Great topic & much needed. As has been said `beware of deception.` A big lie throughout the world & organised Christianity is `We can do it together - save the world,` etc, etc. I do like what the apostle Paul says to the believers at Thessalonica  -

`You are sons of light & sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch & be sober. .....For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. Therefore comfort each other & edify one another, just as you also are doing.` (1 Thess. 5: 5 - 11) 

Comfort & edify each other, Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

What it means to be ready for me is to understand that a great deception is coming and we should be very skeptical over everything that comes along while we are still here, and to be content in whatever comes along. 

Great topic & much needed. As has been said `beware of deception.` A big lie throughout the world & organised Christianity is `We can do it together - save the world,` etc, etc. I do like what the apostle Paul says to the believers at Thessalonica  -

I agree that the level of deception in the end times will be unparalleled.  The false prophet is said to come with all the deception of wickedness.  It was also the first response our Lord gave when asked about those days.

And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.  For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am theChrist,’ and will mislead many.  Matthew 24:4 

This isn't describing people who proclaim to be the Christ for why would they come in His name if they claimed to be Him?  This is a reference to people who profess to be Christians and acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ ('I am the Christ').  They have the appearance of godliness, but mislead many, as they deny the gospel.  This leads to what Marilyn is describing as is going on today.  Its kind of a "unity at the expense of truth" campaign.  No salt there.  The results are apostasy.

But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.  2 Timothy 3:1-5

Another aspect of the deception of those days, as I believe 'other one' is referring to, is that after this apostasy takes place, the false prophet comes on the scene and performs great signs and wonders.  The razzle-dazzle factor will be in overdrive so, yes, be very, very skeptical about everything.

It looks like the deception of those days happens on a couple of levels...doctrinal as well as supernatural manifestations.  Thanks for pointing that out you two.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I look at things a bit differently.  Since I am not guaranteed another minute of life, I believe I should always be ready to pass onto the next life.  IF He chooses for me to live another day, it is a blessing to me.  If not, it is also a blessing to me, so being ready is a constant thought of mine.

If I happen to live to the day when we cannot buy or sell without the mark, I also have faith that God will provide, just as He provided the forty years in the desert for Moses and the Hebrews.  We are just as much a child of God as they are.

=======================================================================================================

Well said.

If I happen to live to the day when we cannot buy or sell without the mark

You won't, nobody from "The Church" <-----Born Again Christians will....they will be "Raptured" before the 70th Week of Daniel.  

Come find me, I Promise there will be not one...."I told you so"  :taped:    :)