Mr Nice

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

The devil does not need a guilty person to accuse, did he not rant against Christ?

What accusation did Satan bring against Jesus?  How about posting that scripture.

A person does not have to be guilty to be accused of something.   Look at what Peter said to those who were slanderously spoken of when they did nothing wrong.

1Pe 2:11-15  Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.  (12)  Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.  (13)  Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,  (14)  or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.  (15)  For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

People accuse others all the time, just like Christ was accused by the Pharisees, because the life we are living makes them realize their deeds are evil and so they hate us like they hated Christ.  They want to make us look bad so they will accuse us of everything under the sun just like Satan does.

Joh 7:7  "The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it, that its deeds are evil.

Luk 6:22-23  "Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man.  (23)  "Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For in the same way their fathers used to treat the prophets.

Take my ex-wife for example, she has accused me of sexually abusing my daughters, threatening to shoot her and my daughters, etc. when none of it was true because she was seeking to destroy me because her deeds were evil.  She had turned from God, became a stripper, a drug dealer, and a prostitute and the judge restricted her access to her daughters.  I was guilty of nothing yet I was accused.

Again I ask, what accusation did Satan bring against Jesus?  The passage you posted is about gentiles bringing accusations against believers, which ironically, is what you are doing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The devil does not need a guilty person to accuse, did he not rant against Christ?

What accusation did Satan bring against Jesus?  How about posting that scripture.

A person does not have to be guilty to be accused of something.   Look at what Peter said to those who were slanderously spoken of when they did nothing wrong.

1Pe 2:11-15  Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.  (12)  Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.  (13)  Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,  (14)  or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.  (15)  For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

People accuse others all the time, just like Christ was accused by the Pharisees, because the life we are living makes them realize their deeds are evil and so they hate us like they hated Christ.  They want to make us look bad so they will accuse us of everything under the sun just like Satan does.

Joh 7:7  "The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it, that its deeds are evil.

Luk 6:22-23  "Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man.  (23)  "Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For in the same way their fathers used to treat the prophets.

Take my ex-wife for example, she has accused me of sexually abusing my daughters, threatening to shoot her and my daughters, etc. when none of it was true because she was seeking to destroy me because her deeds were evil.  She had turned from God, became a stripper, a drug dealer, and a prostitute and the judge restricted her access to her daughters.  I was guilty of nothing yet I was accused.

Again I ask, what accusation did Satan bring against Jesus?  The passage you posted is about gentiles bringing accusations against believers, which ironically, is what you are doing.

Who do you think was controlling the Pharisees?  It was the devil, for Christ said their father was the devil, John 8:31-59.  They were constantly accusing Him of wrong doing and constantly trying to get Him to do something wrong.  Just do a search for the word accuse.

Who do you think was controlling the Pharisees?  It was the devil, for Christ said their father was the devil, John 8:31-59.  They were constantly accusing Him of wrong doing and constantly trying to get Him to do something wrong.  Just do a search for the word accuse.

John is discussing accusations before the throne of God the Father, not of men accusing others.  When does Satan accuse Jesus of anything in scripture?

John is discussing accusations before the throne of God the Father, not of men accusing others.  When does Satan accuse Jesus of anything in scripture?

By your understanding of this passage you must believe that Satan will not be thrown out of heaven until the second coming.  Read the previous verses.  Also notice that the accuser accuses them day and night.  He is continually accusing those who are following Christ before God.  It is not talking about just the day of judgement as you are trying to claim.

Rev 12:7-10  And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,  (8)  and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.  (9)  And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.  (10)  Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

The devil will accuse us no matter what because he does not want us to be saved.  He will likely try harder on those who are Christ's.

Those people spoken of are brethren according to John.  There is nothing a "perfect" person can be accused of.  What did Satan accuse Jesus of if that is the case?  Show me that in scripture please.

First let me show that a man can be perfect according to God. Job 1:22.

Then see Satan accusing God. Job 1:9 and 10. If God was making a mistake He was not perfect.

Then Christ was accused by demon controlled people that He had Beelzebub (Satan) controlling Him. I can't think of a worse accusation against Christ, hence Jesus' reply that sinning against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Were these accusers saying the words of Satan directly? Yes, Jesus said that they were doing the works of their father the devil.

Mathew 10, Mark 3, Luke 11.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

Zechariah chapter 3 is a vision that parallels Joshua as Christ, wearing filthy rags and being accused by Satan.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

When David wanted to know what was going on while Goliath opposed Israel, his brother accused him claiming he was evil. Jeremiah had lies made up about him as well, and Jesus was called all sorts of false things, he was even called Beelzebub! If the world called the master Beelzebub then how much more the servants! By no means does the devil accuse based on right judgement, for he is a liar and the father of liars. Was not John called a drunkard? Was he? No, he wasn't. Jesus is the godliest son of God there is, and yet he was accused of being a such a high degree of evil. The person who posted about there wife is also a good example, and I assume that this was done because of his Godly conduct. The wicked detest God and what is right, as well as Jesus and the Godly way. If that is true, then why should it be thought they would not accuse a Godly man? The light exposes their deeds, and being unable to handle it they try to destroy the source of their shame, the things that make them look as immoral as they are, as shameful as they are, and as disgusting as they are. But if a wise man is rebuked he will not do such a thing, if he indeed is wise. He will instead repent and love the one who rebuked him. The wicked do the opposite. It is written, 

Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you. - Proverbs 9:8

There is a point where you do not even have to rebuke, but just by conducting yourself blamelessly and minding your own you will receive opposition, as Jesus did. The pharisees looked for a way to accuse him. The ones who do such things take pleasure in evil. Followers are of the enemy are wicked like the enemy, and they like their Father the devil are accusers. Followers of the Righteous One are righteous, and God is the most righteous, and they love their God and do his will. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy, and is the accuser of brethren, condemning them even for doing nothing, and reminding them of sin repented for and forgiven. God desires to restore and save, and though the ones who seek him might fall, if they repent he forgives, and their sin he does not remember. The devil does not need a right basis to accuse, he is evil. It is expressed in scripture:

But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? - Matthew 22:18 (KJV)

He had the gift to discern and to such a person you cannot cover up your evil. 

Edited by Augustine17

By your understanding of this passage you must believe that Satan will not be thrown out of heaven until the second coming.  Read the previous verses.  Also notice that the accuser accuses them day and night.  He is continually accusing those who are following Christ before God.  It is not talking about just the day of judgement as you are trying to claim.

Rev 12:7-10  And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,  (8)  and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.  (9)  And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.  (10)  Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

Well, your mind reading skills are about as accurate as everything else you say.  Satan is cast out of heaven at the 5th trumpet in Revelation, so you have no clue as to my understanding.  This is simply an attempt to avoid answering the question by deflecting away to something irrelevant.  Satan up until that point has been accusing the brethren night and day before the throne.  There is no possibility of accusation for one who is perfect, as is clearly seen by your inability to display where Satan accused Jesus of anything.  There is scripture with the two of them conversing, but nothing said to support your false theory, and that is because no accusation can be brought against perfection.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112
  • Days Won:  1

Genesis 4:6-7 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

James 1:12-15 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Even Cain was suppose to rule over sin. Now we have a helper, the Holy Spirit, available to rule over sin.

If one can't endure temptation it is because one is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

If you can't get your own desires under control with the power of the Holy Spirit....you wouldn't be approved for the crown of Life for those that love him.

JESUS was the perfect sacrifice that none of us could do to save us from the coming wrath and get us into his family.

Getting your desires under control is called obedience and love for Jesus. If you having trouble carrying your cross, JESUS or any Child of God would help you. That is what a loving family does...Jesus even got help carrying his cross...he understands...but we all must carry our cross...and stop sinning

Luke 10:18-20 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Satan is on earth...Look around.... Watch the news....his influence is everywhere...... He is gathering weak willed souls left and right....John 3:19 men loved darkness....sin has to run its course....whatever it takes go the narrow gate...

Well, your mind reading skills are about as accurate as everything else you say.  Satan is cast out of heaven at the 5th trumpet in Revelation, so you have no clue as to my understanding.  This is simply an attempt to avoid answering the question by deflecting away to something irrelevant.  Satan up until that point has been accusing the brethren night and day before the throne.  There is no possibility of accusation for one who is perfect, as is clearly seen by your inability to display where Satan accused Jesus of anything.  There is scripture with the two of them conversing, but nothing said to support your false theory, and that is because no accusation can be brought against perfection.

Curious.  Where do you find that Satan was cast out of heaven at the 5th trumpet?  Granted, it really doesn't change my mind about those who love Christ and Christ being accused of everything under the sun because those who are evil, whose father is Satan, will do anything to accuse us.  

Did the Pharisees accuse Christ of wrong doing?  This is a simple yes or no.

From what you have written so far, I assume you believe if a person is accused of something then they had to have done something wrong.  If this assumption is incorrect then why do continue to claim those who are perfect cannot be accused?  Just be someone, including satan, makes an accusation it does not mean the person is guilty of what they have been accused.

What point are you trying to make?