• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,422
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In the case of the flood, God chose not to destroy all of mankind because one man, Noah, found grace in his sight.  Suppose Noah had not existed.  Then what?  Maybe there wasn't a single anything on the earth during the time of a pre-Adamite race worthy of redemption.

For myself I never go to what ifs because I believe it to be foolishness to go against 'IS' ... Love, Steven

Guest Butero

That is fine for you, but I do try to consider such questions.  Noah did exist, and mankind remains, but Noah wasn't around during a pre-Adamite race if one existed.  Without Noah, I don't see how it would be against the nature of God to wipe everything out and start all over. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,422
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That is fine for you, but I do try to consider such questions.  Noah did exist, and mankind remains, but Noah wasn't around during a pre-Adamite race if one existed.  Without Noah, I don't see how it would be against the nature of God to wipe everything out and start all over.

Well for one thing focus is wrong... God existed always thus everything exists dependent

and not independent and nothing of God 'IS' lost... thus we say all is to the glory of God!

That which is lie did not come from God but sourced itself in Lucifer thus bringing a strong

delusion only upon the created not The Creator therefore we are not to give place to satan...

We are not enlarged enough to maintain this reasoning but only in part yet each to the

measure he is given so we reason with God... Love, Steven

Guest shiloh357

In the case of the flood, God chose not to destroy all of mankind because one man, Noah, found grace in his sight.  Suppose Noah had not existed.  Then what?  Maybe there wasn't a single anything on the earth during the time of a pre-Adamite race worthy of redemption. 

But the fact is that God didn't destroy all of mankind out of existence.   God would have found a way to judge mankind and do it in such a way that man was still redeemable.  God had a plan of redemption already in place before creation.   If the Gap Theory been true, God would have found a way to redeem the pre-adamite humanity.  He would not have wiped them out.

God does sentence people to hell.  Who makes the final decision on the fate of each individual at the great White throne judgment?

God never sends people to hell.  They elect to go there when they reject Christ.   God may pronounce their fate, but they chose that fate.  God is simply allowing them to go where they chose to go, through their rejection of Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

God does sentence people to hell.  Who makes the final decision on the fate of each individual at the great White throne judgment?  People may wind up in hell because of decisions they made in this life, but God himself will sentence them to hell as a result of those decisions.  What you are saying would be the equivalent of a judge sentencing a man to die in the electric chair, and you saying the judge didn't sentence him to the chair, the man sent himself there because of his crimes.  The man didn't choose the chair.  He just committed the crime.  Nobody chooses to go to hell.  They choose to reject Christ, and God sentences them to hell.  When you read in places like Matthew 25:41, where it says, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels," it is God pronouncing sentence, not the people pronouncing sentence on themselves.  The people wound want to have their cake and eat it too.  They would choose to live for themselves now and still live in heaven in the next life.  That would be their choice if they could make it, but God doesn't give them that option.

God reveals a persons life and choices and respects their choices.  What do you think are written in the books spoken of in Revelation 20:12?

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

If it were His choice, nobody would perish abut all would return to Him, but it is not.  Pure love does not force its own (1 Corinthians 13).  His pure love toward us allows us to make up our own mind as to who we choose to follow.  He informs us of what will happen if we reject Him, and those who do, do so knowledgeably.  God does not sentence anyone to hell, it is their own choice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I don't believe God revealed everything he has done in the Bible, so it is quite possible something like the gap theory could be true, though not recorded.

The gap theory contradicts God's essential nature.  Based on what He has revealed about Himself, the Gap Theory is simply a nonstarter and impossible.

How exactly does it contradict the revealed nature of God?

The Gap Theory holds that there was a pre-adamite race of human beings on a previous earth, which God destroyed.   God's nature is redemptive and He has never judged the earth to the extent that mankind was completely wiped out.  That isn't how God operates.  The Gap Theory contradicts the mercy, grace and forbearance of God. It contradicts His redemptive nature.   God seeks to redeem what is lost, but the Gap Theory stands in stark contrast to that.

No it doesn't, that's an idea you made up with trying to drum up evidence against the Gap idea, because Adam per God's Word was the first to be made flesh. But who would be stupid enough to say no angels existed prior to the Gap? Ah, there's the gist of it.

And you still... have not explained the Romans 8 verses I offered. Because the earth is nowhere written going into "bondage of corruption" at Adam's fall from disobeying God. You would had been better off trying to use the time of the flood of Noah's days, but still even with that flood no shaking of the earth to wipe cities off the earth happened at Noah's flood. Instead man's works were destroyed by waters of a flood.

Moreover, the comparison of the end of Hebrews 12 is not in comparison with the flood of Noah's day. It is in comparison with God's final destruction upon this earth on the Day of The Lord by His consuming fire, and a great shaking of the earth like He did before. When Hebrews pointed out that "Yet once more" phrase, that was to show what God is going to do AGAIN, with this ancient earth, the level of shaking He did once before at Satan's rebellion of old.

Guest shiloh357

I don't believe God revealed everything he has done in the Bible, so it is quite possible something like the gap theory could be true, though not recorded.

The gap theory contradicts God's essential nature.  Based on what He has revealed about Himself, the Gap Theory is simply a nonstarter and impossible.

How exactly does it contradict the revealed nature of God?

The Gap Theory holds that there was a pre-adamite race of human beings on a previous earth, which God destroyed.   God's nature is redemptive and He has never judged the earth to the extent that mankind was completely wiped out.  That isn't how God operates.  The Gap Theory contradicts the mercy, grace and forbearance of God. It contradicts His redemptive nature.   God seeks to redeem what is lost, but the Gap Theory stands in stark contrast to that.

No it doesn't, that's an idea you made up with trying to drum up evidence against the Gap idea, because Adam per God's Word was the first to be made flesh. But who would be stupid enough to say no angels existed prior to the Gap? Ah, there's the gist of it.

The Gap Theory stands in stark contradiction to the redemptive nature of God. Sorry, salty but you are completely wrong.   I am not talking about angels.  I am talking about the pre-adamite race of human beings that populated the pre-adamite earth.  I am not saying no angels existed.  I am saying that God would have redeemed that humanity rather than destroying them completely.  That's why the gap theory is bogus and unbiblical.

And you still... have not explained the Romans 8 verses I offered. Because the earth is nowhere written going into "bondage of corruption" at Adam's fall from disobeying God. You would had been better off trying to use the time of the flood of Noah's days, but still even with that flood no shaking of the earth to wipe cities off the earth happened at Noah's flood. Instead man's works were destroyed by waters of a flood.

I addressed in the other thread on this topic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

You may not be aware some details are... actually written in God's Word, but they are there, and this is one of the things Peter was speaking of in Paul's Epistles that many wrest with, as they also do in other matters in God's Word (2 Peter 3).

The first requirement to understand Scripture about this is to show God discipline in His Word, and asking Him for understanding in it. He covered events in His Word about Satan's fall in several Scriptures, but it's written in heavy metaphor so that those who think with their fleshy mind won't even come close to grasping it.

The Romans 8:20-22 Scripture is about God placing His creation in a state of "bondage of corruption" for this present world since Satan's rebellion. Nowhere in God's Word do we find it written that Satan's original rebellion and fall was in the days of Adam or thereafter. Ezekiel 28 and 31 reveals that his rebellion was back before Adam. So that leaves what amount of Bible Scripture to look at for his time of fall? Not much, because nothing is specifically given about it in Genesis, only that we know by the time of his tempting of Eve in God's Garden that he had already become the adversary, and no longer the 'anointed cherub that covereth' at God's Throne per Ezekiel 28, meaning he had already fallen by Adam's time.

So if God placed His creation into a state of bondage of corruption, how so?

That's the question many forget to ask their self when reading what Paul said there in Romans 8 about the creation. To help us answer that question, our Heavenly Father and His Son gave us many comparisons about the future glory to come so we would have an inkling of how the creation can be a in 'perfect' state, and not in "bondage of corruption". God placing this ancient earth in a state of corruption signifies Satan's fall, and the power of 'death' that he was given over, for today God's creation is in a state of death and imperfection. Storms rage on it, earthquakes and tempests, the majority of the earth's surface covered with water, animals and man fighting each other for survival, barren canyons, deserts, and frozen tundra which will not sustain man's life, many such conditions that we all think are a part of God's natural creation, when actually those things show the earth in that "bondage of corruption".

We can go visit the Grand Canyon in the American west, say how beautiful it is, but notice I said 'visit', and not to live there. It's a barren wasteland which we should be asking how... it got that way, instead of just thinking a few little water streams formed its huge valleys. Same thing for the deserts on the earth.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Young earth.

Check out the anomalies after Mt. St. Helen's eruption. like a mini Grand Canyon. Check the height of the runoff before the valley formation. 

Examine the earth's wobble - was that flood induced? it can be retro-modeled to be less than 4 k years ago.

Look at the precession of the moon - its proximity to the earth - its rate of orbital increase - [backtrack that and see how much closer to the earth it would have been just 5.7 k years ago].

Were the Moon Lander's landing struts accidentally 18 inches too long? How deep was the moon's surface dust. OOPS! NASA may have believed in millions of years, not thousands.

Why do they find 300 ft trees (standing) when thye core drill the ice in Alaska. Some places in Antarctica where the ice is clear explorers have seen palm fronds.

Nephilim are just plain scary. Giant skulls have been found but most of the evidence gets lost in the Smithsonian. There is a lot of evidence, but you have to look hard for the real stuff and not the fakes that some institutions have admitted to planting.

Enoch fills in much of this and concurs with Biblical accounts. Jasher does much the same.

What is really sobering are the words of Jesus "...as in the days of Noah..." Mtt. 24

From these sources there appears a interestingly and amazingly precise time-line, the earth does seem to be quite young. 

Just a few thoughts...

Edited by Trahi

Guest shiloh357
The Romans 8:20-22 Scripture is about God placing His creation in a state of "bondage of corruption" for this present world since Satan's rebellion

That is false.  Just more sloppy handling of Scripture.

Verses 20-22 are referencing the effects of the fall of man. 

In Genesis 1:31, God saw all He had made and it was very good.  The phrase "very good" in Hebrew is an emphatic phrase and it carries the connotation of perfection.   That is how God finished the creative act.   The conditions mentioned vv. 20-22 occurred AFTER Gen. 1:31 at some point and are the result of Adam's sin and the fall of mankind.  The current condition of the earth is the result of man's which Adam allowed into the earth.   It is man's rebellion, not Satan's rebellion, that is to blame for the bondage.