• Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1977

Each member of the trinity represents a closer relationship with man

the Father, (Jehovah) was God above us

The Son was God among us

The Holy Spirit is God within us

Other than that, what is...is

I do not question what is beyond my comprehension

Yes ... it's a good explanation ... i think ...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I read a preacher write in his newsletter like this ...

If we consider the whole creation as an Incorporated company ...

Father ... is the founder & president

Jesus ... is the managing director ( while we are all the directors & shareholders )

Holy Spirit ... is the CEO ( where we are all the executives )

Don't you think ... this is interesting to read ?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Um interesting, but only slightly applicable.

If you truly struggle with Hinduism then I strongly reccomend you heck out Ravi Zacharias ministries.

Frederick Antony Ravi Kumar Zacharias is an Indian-born, Canadian-American Christian apologist.

A defender of traditional evangelicalism, Zacharias is the author of numerous Christian books, including ... Wikipedia

Born: March 26, 1946 (age 68), Chennai, India

Spouse: Margaret "Margie" Reynolds (m. 1972)

Books: Recapture the Wonder

Education: Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Trinity International University

Nationality: American, Canadian, Indian

http://www.rzim.org/

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Regarding the number of beings / persons in the Godhead...

Only three (one with a dual nature i.e Jesus) are revealed in scripture.

Here is a text on the subject of "Gods" spoken by God the Word (who became Jesus in the incarnation) speaking for the Godhead in singular terms since the Godhead is one.

Isaiah 43:10-11 (KJV)
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

And though the body of Jesus was formed by the Father (John 1:14b / Hebrews 1:5 / Hebrews 10:5) after this point in history, Jesus is God the Word incarnate. He became human in addition to being God the Word.

John 1:1-2 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14 (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

In Philippians 2:6 (in the original Greek) it states that he became man while never ceasing to be God ("morphe theos huparchon").

Another God was not formed. A man (the last Adam 1 Corithians 15:45) was formed (1 Timothy 2:5).

The canon of scripture is complete except for what the seven thunders uttered in Revelation 10:3-4. No more Gods or person of the Godhead revealed than the 3.

If you'll forgive the direct answer to your original question "that's why"

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Why Trinity ?

God is of 3 persons ... Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Did anyone wonder why He is of 3 persons ? God has the power to split Himself into many persons ...

Why not 4 ... 5 ...  ... ... 1,345,654 ... infinity ?

Hi lavey,

As you stated God is 3 persons, but He does not split Himself into many persons.

Now my thoughts are -

One is a dictator,

Two is a division,

Three is harmony.

In music there are three strings in the body of the piano & when tuned properly they vibrate & make the note on the keyboard sound as one note. This to me is an example of the trinity - 3 persons sounding as one - the Godhead- unity, equality & unanimity (one mindedness).

Anything more than 3 is just a multiple of the first ones. Hope that helps, Marilyn.

Um interesting, but only slightly applicable.

If you truly struggle with Hinduism then I strongly reccomend you heck out Ravi Zacharias ministries.

Frederick Antony Ravi Kumar Zacharias is an Indian-born, Canadian-American Christian apologist.

A defender of traditional evangelicalism, Zacharias is the author of numerous Christian books, including ... Wikipedia

Born: March 26, 1946 (age 68), Chennai, India

Spouse: Margaret "Margie" Reynolds (m. 1972)

Books: Recapture the Wonder

Education: Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Trinity International University

Nationality: American, Canadian, Indian

http://www.rzim.org/

Thank you very much, Bro. John D Baptiste.

But I think, it might have been appropriate if you give this information on my other forum "India Forced Conversions ...".

Anyway I will certainly follow the "Ravi Zacharias ministries" in the upcoming days ... Thank You ! ... Amen !

Why Trinity ?

God is of 3 persons ... Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Did anyone wonder why He is of 3 persons ? God has the power to split Himself into many persons ...

Why not 4 ... 5 ...  ... ... 1,345,654 ... infinity ?

Hi lavey,

As you stated God is 3 persons, but He does not split Himself into many persons.

Now my thoughts are -

One is a dictator,

Two is a division,

Three is harmony.

In music there are three strings in the body of the piano & when tuned properly they vibrate & make the note on the keyboard sound as one note. This to me is an example of the trinity - 3 persons sounding as one - the Godhead- unity, equality & unanimity (one mindedness).

Anything more than 3 is just a multiple of the first ones. Hope that helps, Marilyn.

Nice Merilyn ... Yes I accept your explanation on trinity with music ... fantastic ...

Of course, I wished to learn Music, on my school days ... but could not... Its a beautiful thing ... I was watching my friends are singing & playing music instruments in my church ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

This is a small portion from a Jewish tract by Solomon Birnbaum called "An old problem solved"

In the opening verse  of Genesis we have the name of "God" - Elohim. In verse 2 there is mention of 'the Spirit of God' (Ruach Elohim)

And finally in verse 24 we are told of the "image of God" (Ts'elem Elohim) that part of divinity which is visible to the human eye, and which is from time to time revealed in the form of a man.

The same in Isaiah, chapter 63, in verse 7 we have the name 'Jehovah' In verse 8 Jehovah becomes Saviour (Moshia or Yeshuah) and  in verse 10 we are told that they grieved the 'Holy Spirit'.

This then is the manner in which the God of Israel is revealed in the Bible. Any other god is a strange god, a creature of human imagination........

The "Trinity" is a term which sums up this truth......God has revealed Himself in the course of the ages in a threefold manner: as Father and Creator, as God the Son or the Saviour, and as God the Holy Spirit.

All these are just the manifestations of the ONE and ONLY God - the God of Israel.

Regarding the number of beings / persons in the Godhead...

Only three (one with a dual nature i.e Jesus) are revealed in scripture.

Here is a text on the subject of "Gods" spoken by God the Word (who became Jesus in the incarnation) speaking for the Godhead in singular terms since the Godhead is one.

Isaiah 43:10-11 (KJV)

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

And though the body of Jesus was formed by the Father (John 1:14b / Hebrews 1:5 / Hebrews 10:5) after this point in history, Jesus is God the Word incarnate. He became human in addition to being God the Word.

John 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14 (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

In Philippians 2:6 (in the original Greek) it states that he became man while never ceasing to be God ("morphe theos huparchon").

Another God was not formed. A man (the last Adam 1 Corithians 15:45) was formed (1 Timothy 2:5).

The canon of scripture is complete except for what the seven thunders uttered in Revelation 10:3-4. No more Gods or person of the Godhead revealed than the 3.

If you'll forgive the direct answer to your original question "that's why"

Excellent explanation Bro. John D. Baptiste ... I am glad to have good leading from, you like Elder of God ...

Thank You for your love & care ! ... Amen !