• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Deut. 31

29 For I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days, because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands."

Deut 32

12 So the Lord alone led him, And there was no foreign god with him. 13 "He made him ride in the heights of the earth, That he might eat the produce of the fields; He made him draw honey from the rock, And oil from the flinty rock; 14 Curds from the cattle, and milk of the flock, With fat of lambs; And rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, With the choicest wheat; And you drank wine, the blood of the grapes.

15 "But Jeshurun grew fat and kicked; You grew fat, you grew thick, You are obese! Then he forsook God who made him, And scornfully esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked Him to jealousy with foreign gods; With abominations they provoked Him to anger. 17 They sacrificed to demons, not to God, To gods they did not know, To new gods, new arrivals That your fathers did not fear. 18 Of the Rock who begot you, you are unmindful, And have forgotten the God who fathered you.

19 "And when the Lord saw it, He spurned them, Because of the provocation of His sons and His daughters. 20 And He said: 'I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith. 21 They have provoked Me to jealousy by what is not God; They have moved Me to anger by their foolish idols. But I will provoke them to jealousy by those who are not a nation; I will move them to anger by a foolish nation.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am very happy for Ann2 to have a stable Church....God Bless You!

But Suzanne, as usual you are thought provoking.......

For awhile, I thought it was "me".......and "my town"......

I live in a rural town, population 15,000......small-town USA

There are about 30 Christian Churches listed in my town.....many of them have pretty large congregations, and alot are splinter groups. It would be a full time job to keep track of where the small group's services take place, as they are shuffled from time to time into different rented/storefront venues....and/or starting up or folding....

There are also 6 new age congregations, 3 LDS, and 2 JW..... not to mention the self-help groups listed on the religious page.........

Over the last couple years, two of the best Bible teaching pastors have been run out of town over some contraversy with the elders......was money the primary issue? (The ones that are sure to stay, are part of a heirarchy system, such as a "priest")

It has not been easy finding or keeping a "home-base"

I go sideways when a pastor goes into a antedotal story telling tangent....leaving the point of Scripture......over and over and over again.......

Topical studies can be done well.......but often there is a subtle weaving in of secular-humanistic-psychological-gobbledy-gook....

In a Bible Study, I go sideways when someone insists on leaving the Scripture being studied for their own agenda.......over and over and over again.......

I have noticed that head counts, growth plans, new buildings, and "programs" have become the buzz words....... as the larger congregations shuffle into their newer, bigger, and better buildings.

I'm really not a curmudgian......and do try to be patient.......a friend once said, "The minute anyone finds the perfect Church, they better leave, because they'll ruin it....." I'm not expecting that "perfect" here on earth.....just solid Bible teaching, with an occassional helping of meat and potatoes!!

Somewhere along the line, by the grace of Lord Jesus, I stopped being frustrated, and He has given me different opportunities of fellowship, Bible study et al, on a Monday through Sunday basis......of which I deeply thankful......

The good news is, it has fostered a closer personal relationship with Him, Lord Jesus.

Your friend in Christ........dotcom

Somewhere along the way, we began to exert our energies on ourselves and what is appealing to mankind within the church, instead of what the Lord commanded in the first place........love and worship of Him and the foundational teachings of His Word. There is a reason that a man is blessed who turns many to righteousness, BECAUSE this has become a teaching of the past, of the ancient days.

Dan 12:3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.

Psalm 94:15 But judgment will return to righteousness, And all the upright in heart will follow it.

Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

Isaiah 56:1 Thus says the Lord: "Keep justice, and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come, And My righteousness to be revealed.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

tsth, the Lord did say there would be a great falling away and I believe we are seeing it. Look at our nation that was once hailed as one nation under God. This nation has become so divided. Churches are alowing homosexuals in pulpits and throwing out anything that does not tickle their ears. God has become a "whatever you believe or have faith in" figure that is in reality useless. People are afraid of offending others so they water down the Word. Pastors are allowing anything called "new" to enter churches without rightly dividing it with the Word.

tsth, there will be many who will become defensive when they hear the Truth, but the plain fact is...we didn't say it...the Lord did.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He still want our ALL. 100%...He still wants to be our First Love.

(tsth, thanks for always being a blessing)

:noidea:

thank you jesussaves!

In His Love,

Suzanne

Is an abomination causing desolation, in the sanctuary yet?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer

In His Love,

Suzanne

Isaiah 57:7 Upon a high and lofty mountain you have set your bed, and there you went up to offer sacrifice. 8 Behind the door and the doorpost you have set up your symbol; for, in deserting me, you have uncovered your bed, you have gone up to it, you have made it wide; and you have made a bargain for yourself with them, you have loved their bed,

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When I was in college, I remember going on trip where in addition to the curriculum we toured the country (since we had to go out west anyway . . . why not make the most of it?). But anyway, one of our stops was a tour of the Crystal Cathedral in Los Angeles, CA.

I seriosly wanted to puke when I went there. I mean, when I go to a church I expect to feel the presence of God. I expect Jesus to be the focus. I want a church full of wealth to boast about what their money is doing to "care for the widows and orphans" so to speak.

Spiritually, if felt . . . empty. We were taken to this building that looked like a small tower. But there was only one room at the bottom. It was round and the ceiling was a normal height - either there were rooms above I couldn't see stairs to, or . . . what was the height of the building about? Anyway, the room was made of marble with 12 marble pillars (one for each of the apostles) and in the center was a stand, and on the stand a glass container with an illuminated, rotating artistic crystal structure sort-of looking like a cross. Our tour guide told us this was their "Prayer Room." :thumbsup:

We saw the walkway containing the plaques with names of everyone who donated beaucout bucks to the church. We were told the thousands of dollars it cost to clean the church windows/glass walls every month or season or something like that. It wasn't until later that he mentioned anything about the ministries of the church.

I wondered if Jesus must have felt this way the day He overturned the money changers in the Temple. I felt very, very grieved.

Sorry to ramble on that . . . the article posted above reminded me of the incident.

I know nebula, it is truly amazing what the church has become isn't it. I know, I know, not ALL churches!!! But PEOPLE........PLEASE WAKE UP! This is the deception that is beginning to take over the church. We've got to wake up and see what we are trading God's Glory for! It has become about what man has made in His own image/worship, about himself and what he/man desires.

Job 28:17 Neither gold nor crystal can equal it, Nor can it be exchanged for jewelry of fine gold.

Exodus 32:1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him." 2 And Aaron said to them, "Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me." 3 So all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron. 4 And he received the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf. Then they said, "This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!"

Ro 1:25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Psalm 106:19 They made a calf in Horeb, And worshiped the molded image. 20 Thus they changed their glory Into the image of an ox that eats grass.

And if you think it could NEVER happen in your Biblically sound church, you'd better think again. It can!!! I know that is why I have witnessed it in my own church that I thought could never buy into the trappings of the worldly stuff to entice. I saw it, and I must speak of it, to warn others, to be alert and watching and praying. Do not sleep, lest the deception come into the sanctuary and rise up to entrance the congregation, and enamor them with all that glitters, the golden calf.

In His Truth and Love,

Suzanne

Edited by tsth

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

Even though this was posted back in 2005, I had to respond.

I am so grateful that I am not alone!!! You are the first people that has spoken and agreed with what God has put and kept in my heart for the last 8 years or so. I've been seen as borderline fanatical. I've been walking alone in this for so long!

Eight years ago, God brought me to the verses about people being deceived and their love growing cold, and He asked me who Jesus was talking to. In that neat way God has about Him, I understood instantly what He meant: Jesus was talking to believers. He was warning believers about believers! Jesus wasn't warning His disciples about non-believers- they are already deceived. Why would Jesus need to warn His disciples about them? Jesus was warning them about those in the church! I grew up having a few experiences with God that were very real to me; I thought pastors and teachers and other Christians would be thrilled. None of them were. All of them thought I was over-emotional or something and wrote me off. Therefore, I grew up being cautious about churches and what they speak on. My relationship with God is THE most important thing to me and I guard it as carefully as I can (I thank God He's watching over me! Lord knows I can't do this as well as He can!). I am not worried about being led astray by the non-believer, but by those who are more knowledgeable than I am. I question EVERYTHING I am taught, even by the 'elders' of the church, and I listen to none but the Holy Spirit. I recognize His voice so I am at peace that He will keep me from snares and traps. I'm not worried about me (although I still keep a watchful eye out for that nasty lion prowling around); it's the people Jesus cares so much for that can and will be deceived.

God has given me many verses but I wanted to share these two verses Jesus has given me:

2 Kings 18:31-32

31: "Do not listen to Hezekiah. This is what the king of Assyria says:Make peace with me and come out to me. Then every one of you will eat from his own vine and fig tree and drink water from his own cistern, until I come and take you to a land like your own, a land of bread and vineyards, a land of olive trees and honey. Choose life and not death!"

God was showing me the deception of Satan, just how subtle it is. I don't want to live in a land like my own; I want to live in land God has given me. So I have to ask myself now, is this the original? or a copy?

Matthew 24:45

"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?..."

I know God has a purpose in showing us all these things. There are those He calls to teach and those who are be taught by those called to teach. Neither is greater than the other for both shall receive that which is given by God. But since God has shown me these things, I am accountable for it. God is giving me the food to feed at the proper time. When is that? "The time is coming and now is..."

I just wanted to let you all know that I am very grateful for this post and to God for bringing me here to see it. I don't feel so alone, and I am encouraged by your courage. If any of you have any advice on how to speak to believers about this without them growing defensive, argumentative and turning away, I would greatly appreciate it!