Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Daniel 12:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

In my opinion, these verses tell us the following order of the events: the daily sacrifice is taken away; the abomination of desolation is set up; and then the "blessed day" comes.

I will compare the order of the events to Matthew, Chapter 24 (the same events are also shown in Mark, Chapter 13 and Luke, Chapter 21).

Matthew 24:15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

It seems to me that the order of the events is: the abomination of desolation is set up; the great tribulation period begins; the great tribulation period ends; Jesus returns with His angels to gather the elect.

Do you think that the 1,335th "blessed day" could be the day that Jesus comes with His angels to gather the elect?

It is my opinion that the abomination of desolation is set up 1,290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away, not at the same time as most teach. If so, there will be 44 days between the abomination of desolation and the "blessed day".   This 44 day period must be the great tribulation period.

Let me know your opinions.

Jeff

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.  The great tribulation begins with the abomination of desolation, that happens with 3 1/2 years to follow.  The additional time that passes which Daniel speaks of are in regards to when New Jerusalem arrives, which takes place after the judgement of the unsaved and angels, plus the rewarding of the prophets and servants.  This time accounts for the additional days in my opinion.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

Shalom Jeff,

This site is a discussion forum, not a platform to teach

Please ask questions and open your thread up for discussion.

Please keep in mind that we all do a bit of teaching in what we write, but teaching in general is not allowed on the boards.

Only those who are in Worthy Ministry are allowed to teach.

Present your thoughts first and open it up for a discussion.

That is the difference between teaching and discussing.  

God Bless,

Nigel. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Days Won:  4

Daniel 12:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

In my opinion, these verses tell us the following order of the events: the daily sacrifice is taken away; the abomination of desolation is set up; and then the "blessed day" comes.

I will compare the order of the events to Matthew, Chapter 24 (the same events are also shown in Mark, Chapter 13 and Luke, Chapter 21).

Matthew 24:15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

It seems to me that the order of the events is: the abomination of desolation is set up; the great tribulation period begins; the great tribulation period ends; Jesus returns with His angels to gather the elect.

Do you think that the 1,335th "blessed day" could be the day that Jesus comes with His angels to gather the elect?

It is my opinion that the abomination of desolation is set up 1,290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away, not at the same time as most teach. If so, there will be 44 days between the abomination of desolation and the "blessed day".   This 44 day period must be the great tribulation period.

Let me know your opinions.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I'm not sure why your post was seen as an effort to teach but I'll offer my opinion (and scripture support).

And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.  Daniel 12:11

I'm inclined to think that "the daily sacrifice being taken away" and the AoD being set up are referring to the same time largely because of the word "and" instead of something like "until".

Yes, I do.  It is the day of the Lord, that day of demarcation between human government and divine government.

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.  Daniel 12:7

The time, times, and a half is a reference to the time given to the 11th horn, the false prophet, to persecute believers, the exception being the two witnesses who are "the power of the holy people".  Eventually, when they are finished, he is allowed to overcome them as well.  Then, after their deaths, there is a 45 day period of testing as the plagues subside and the armies gather for Armageddon.  That's anyway.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248

Hey Jeff,

I'm not sure why your post was seen as an effort to teach

Jeff  edited his original post to confirm to the terms of service  after I asked him to . :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

It is my opinion that the abomination of desolation is set up 1,290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away, not at the same time as most teach. 

Actually the way that verse should be interpreted is that the termination of the daily sacrifice coincides with the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation, and that the total time that this Abomination is in place is 1,290 days (3 1/2 years) = forty and two months (Rev 13:5).  There are then 45 days until those who wait are "Blessed".  This event can only be the Second Coming of Christ to deliver the believing remnant of Israel (Dan 12:1; Rev 12:6).

Edited by Ezra

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Days Won:  4

Hey Jeff,

I'm not sure why your post was seen as an effort to teach

Jeff  edited his original post to confirm to the terms of service  after I asked him to . :thumbsup:

Ah, the missing link.  Thanks Nigel.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I think the 1,335 days is over and its How Hanukkah came about.

Read the history of it.

The temple was defiled by an evil man.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Might it show that God does not have a fixed timeline for the end time? The plan is for it to arrive 1,290 days after the AoD is set up, but God might wait a little longer - perhaps to allow more time for people to repent - but he will not exceed 1,335 days.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Watching for Jesus,

Interesting post.  If you don't mind, I would like to add my opinion also.

Yes, I agree Jesus comes on the 1335th day....but according to the order of events, I see the opposite from the scriptures;

3 1/2 years total from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away .....to....the abomination of desolation set up (finished).

The daily sacrifice is at the beginning of the tribulation, and the abomination of desolation is at the end of the tribulation, not the beginning.

Mark 13:14   But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Daniel 11:45   And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

The false prophet's temple will take 3 1/2 years to build.  He will build it in Jerusalem.  This can't be built in a day, because there will be some planning involved, and it will take time to build this palace, which I presume will be extravagant.

When we see this "palace" "set up", and finally declared "finished", we only have to wait 45 days till Christ returns (on day 1335)

So this to me can only mean one thing, ......during the 45 days, the 6th trumpet will blow, when the Kings of the East and their allies cross over into Israel to prepare war against the False prophet,.....in retaliation of that temple he has built for himself, where their temple used to be...(The dome of the rock)

This is when the Jews will start fleeing, because the false prophets enemies come in with great fury and destroy everything in their path. 

So "the Abomination of Desolation" is that "temple" or "palace" the false prophet will build for himself, and when the building is completed, he will sit in there declaring he is god.  Now the 6th trumpet/vial has to run it's course. ....so wait another 45 days, .....because all scripture has to be fulfilled before Christ comes.

What do you think?