Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm still waiting to see a large group of Christians stand up and say no more..... 

Some are. But they are getting shot down so fast.

I think the real test is how we react when we get shot down.  Do we get discouraged and quit trying, or do we keep fighting? 

I'm still waiting to see a large group of Christians stand up and say no more..... 

I think the real test is how we react when we get shot down.  Do we get discouraged and quit trying, or do we keep fighting? 

We  keep fighting.

it would help if all the gay people were like the ones pushing this.....   but the aren't....    and I know several that other than that decision are really nice people......    makes it much more difficult for me in the long run...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Our Lord has already won the fight ,we just need to trust him and hold onto his word

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The problem we have is a lot of people are trying to do this themselves instead of organizing.  One by one and they will be silenced. If they organize, it is harder to quiet them.

Guest Butero

You advocated violence. That is not in keeping with Christ.

I advocate self defense.  I advocate standing up to radicals that would oppose us.  Lets take the situation in Indiana.  Homosexual groups are threatening to burn down a business.  I am for doing whatever is necessary to stop them, including sitting there with armed guards ready to shoot to kill anyone that would threaten that business.  If that is not Christ like, then you might as well take a stand against the military, our police departments and militias.  I am not suggesting we attack anyone, but I am 100 percent for fighting back if we are attacked.  Nobody will convince me that is wrong.  The day you do that, you may as well just give our country over to our enemies and beg them for mercy. 

Guest Butero

We  keep fighting.

A-men.  I am not willing to give the nation over to these radicals without a fight. 

Guest LadyC

The problem we have is a lot of people are trying to do this themselves instead of organizing.  One by one and they will be silenced. If they organize, it is harder to quiet them.

case in point.... THEY organized. that's how we got here in the first place.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Me too, O.O.  Where are the church leaders in this whole mess?  But the time is coming when the  LGBT zealots go too far.....read the comments section of any article about this and you will see that the public is getting tired of them,  Three percent of the population can't be allowed to dictate to the rest of us.  I wonder if they can spell 'backlash'?

Guest LadyC

Me too, O.O.  Where are the church leaders in this whole mess?  But the time is coming when the  LGBT zealots go too far.....read the comments section of any article about this and you will see that the public is getting tired of them,  Three percent of the population can't be allowed to dictate to the rest of us.  I wonder if they can spell 'backlash'?

wish i was reading the comments of the articles you're reading. the ones i read are attached to the major media news articals... abc/nbc/etc. reading those, the public sympathy for the lgbt cause is growing by leaps and bounds, and the pure hatred towards the christian community is growing unchecked.

Guest shiloh357

One of the problems I see in the Church is that we have so many people who are against homosexuality until a family member shows up gay.    When a son or a daughter turns up gay, these Christians who were once against gay marriage, suddenly alter their theology and change their stance because they can't bring them to face up to the sin in their own family.    I am not saying this is the case 100% of the time, but it happens very often.

I have seen pastors do a complete 180 degree turn from being staunchly anti-gay marriage, to supporting gay marriage because a  son or daughter reveals they are gay.   We need to be willing to not compromise our faith even if it means that we have to look at, and be honest about the sin in our camp.   It's time we stop condemning sin in others  but then excuse it when it shows up in our families.   We need to as truthful with our family members about their sin as we are with anyone else.

Another reason we can't seem to organize is that so many Christians are pro-gay because they have been raised in an educational climate that treats being gay the same way we treat race and ethnicity.   To many, being gay is something you are born with, like being born white, or black or Hispanic, etc.    That mindset is polluting our churches today.  We have failed to successfully combat the concept of a   "sexual orientation."    Thus, if someone sees being gay like being a member of a particular race, the Bible's commandments against homosexuality are no longer relevant and it contributes to a very disfavorable view of the Bible and those who follow its precepts.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

One of the problems I see in the Church is that we have so many people who are against homosexuality until a family member shows up gay.    When a son or a daughter turns up gay, these Christians who were once against gay marriage, suddenly altar their theology and change their stance because they can't bring them to face up to the sin in their own family.    I am not saying this is the case 100% of the time, but it happens very often.

I have seen pastors do a complete 180 degree turn from being staunchly anti-gay marriage, to supporting gay marriage because a  son or daughter reveals they are gay.   We need to be willing to not compromise our faith even if it means that we have to look at, and be honest about the sin in our camp.   It's time we stop condemning sin in others  but then excuse it when it shows up in our families.   We need to as truthful with our family members about their sin as we are with anyone else.

Another reason we can't seem to organize is that so many Christians are pro-gay because they have been raised in an educational climate that treats being gay the same way we treat race and ethnicity.   To many, being gay is something you are born with, like being born white, or black or Hispanic, etc.    That mindset is polluting our churches today.  We have failed to successfully combat the concept of a   "sexual orientation."    Thus, if someone sees being gay like being a member of a particular race, the Bible's commandments against homosexuality are no longer relevant and it contributes to a very disfavorable view of the Bible and those who follow its precepts.

You're right Shiloh, the biggest obstacle to overcoming the acceptance of homosexual practises in the church is the 'congenital' myth. Believing that homosexuality is a factor determined at birth removes the tag of sin from it.

I remember the Christian group Exodus who had an enormous success rate in converting homosexuals to heterosexuality, thus proving that homosexuality can be cured, and is not some immutable condition that is present and unchanging for life.

However Exodus were forced to stop what they were doing due to political pressure and offer an apology. They were pressured to do this by the Gay lobby, which proves that the Gay lobby are willful sinners because if Exodus had no success they would not have been forced to stop. The fact that they had success proves the gay myth wrong and if the gay myth is wrong the gay lobby have no case! That makes it obvious to me that pushing the gay agenda is purely political and is designed to attack Christianity and family values.