Joshua-777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Yeah, too bad these "faith" people choose to let people die all over the world from drought and famine.  If such power over nature is available to these people. let's see them go to Ethiopia and the Sudan and other famine and drought ravaged nations and "rebuke" those weather conditions.   Heck, for that matter why aren't these people rebuking the wild fires that ravage California.   Why don't they do something about the water shortage over there??     It's all just a bunch of nonsense.

Its  just as nonsensical as the WoF guy I was riding to work with one day who was "commanding" the street lights to stay green in Jesus' Name.    It's astonishing the kind of nonsense that grown men and women can be sucked into.

I agree shiloh.  sad.gif

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Amazing. I teach this type of understand of Faith, it could save your life. 

Jeff - Maybe next time consider your neighbors also! ;)

Jeff had nothing to do with it, 

It was Jeff who prayed, he had everything to do with choosing to pray for the protection of his house, but not for his neighbors. At least, that is how I see it! I am not saying he did anything wrong, I just think he could have been considerate that way. Of course, it is possible that he knew that it was God's will not to spare his neighbors homes, but you and I do not know that, all we can do is observe from a distance.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

It was Jeff who prayed, he had everything to do with choosing to pray for the protection of his house, but not for his neighbors. At least, that is how I see it! I am not saying he did anything wrong, I just think he could have been considerate that way. Of course, it is possible that he knew that it was God's will not to spare his neighbors homes, but you and I do not know that, all we can do is observe from a distance.

He didn't command it to touch down again.

Yeah, too bad these "faith" people choose to let people die all over the world from drought and famine.  If such power over nature is available to these people. let's see them go to Ethiopia and the Sudan and other famine and drought ravaged nations and "rebuke" those weather conditions.   Heck, for that matter why aren't these people rebuking the wild fires that ravage California.   Why don't they do something about the water shortage over there??     It's all just a bunch of nonsense.

Its  just as nonsensical as the WoF guy I was riding to work with one day who was "commanding" the street lights to stay green in Jesus' Name.    It's astonishing the kind of nonsense that grown men and women can be sucked into.

May be you should look better into what these "faith people are doing." They are actually going into areas in the world suffering from drought, famine, floods, etc and Jesus is multiplying food and leading multitudes to knowing Him. They are also going into hostile areas risking their lives for the Gospel.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I don't think he expected it to touch down again.

Guest shiloh357

Again,  Joshua777,

Let these people go and rebuke the famines and end the droughts and rebuke the weather conditions that cause the fires over in CA.    Let them do something that the whole world will have to stop and take notice of.

If they can really have authority over nature, prove it.  And if they could really multiply food, then do it over here in the United States because we have a lot of really hungry people over here to.   Let them come over here and do this stuff where it can be observed and fully documented. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

It's the power of the spoken word through faith in the name of Jesus. Our words are a powerful thing when spoken with 100% faith through the name of Jesus. God created everything through His spoken word, and Jesus performed miracles through His words and even calmed the sea by talking to it.

Guest shiloh357

And yet, for some reason, people are still starving  because of famines and droughts and homes are destroyed by wild fires and so on.   It's a shame that these people who have all this faith and think they have power over nature with their words of faith, can't seem to end droughts or famines and allowed Hurricane Katrina to make landfall, and can't seem to stop the wild fires in California.

It just shows that this whole "faith" thing the Charismatics push is just a bunch of hokum.

And yet, for some reason, people are still starving  because of famines and droughts and homes are destroyed by wild fires and so on.   It's a shame that these people who have all this faith and think they have power over nature with their words of faith, can't seem to end droughts or famines and allowed Hurricane Katrina to make landfall, and can't seem to stop the wild fires in California.

It just shows that this whole "faith" thing the Charismatics push is just a bunch of hokum.

There are certain circumstances God allows to happen when it aligns with His will. What about miracles, do you believe in the power of healing?

Guest shiloh357

Yes, God allows things to happen according to his Will, but word of faith people believe that through their words, they have power over nature and can rebuke the weather conditions...  

I don't believe in "the power of healing."   I believe in the power of God to heal  if it is his will.   The problem is that the healers claim it is always God's power to heal.   I don't believe in healing the way the Charismatics do.   God heals or not based on his sovereign will, not on the basis of our faith or lack thereof.

Yes, God allows things to happen according to his Will, but word of faith people believe that through their words, they have power over nature and can rebuke the weather conditions...  

I don't believe in "the power of healing."   I believe in the power of God to heal  if it is his will.   The problem is that the healers claim it is always God's power to heal.   I don't believe in healing the way the Charismatics do.   God heals or not based on his sovereign will, not on the basis of our faith or lack thereof.

I understand we don't have power over anything, God does, so I believe that it's possible that someone could rebuke a tornado in the name of Jesus if it aligns with God's will at the moment because it is through prayer and faith that God helps us. However, from what i've experienced with my own health and seen through other healing miracles, it's a combination of God's will and faith by both the one being prayed for and the one praying for the sick. We must believe that we can be healed without a hint of a doubt through our faith in order to be healed. Many people aren't healed due to their lack of faith. I prayed for myself to be healed from high blood pressure. I had faith and believed in my prayer that day, and I was healed. But it wasn't until I believed and had faith in my words and the power of God to heal me that I was healed.