IGNORED

what is the hardest thing you had to forgive?

ayin jade

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

In light of God's forgiveness towards me I feel that it is not my forgiveness that is being extended to those who done the wrong as much as it is HIS forgiveness living in me which was freely given. Knowing God makes the difference as apart from Him we'd have no hope of getting through anything. Without God I know I could not have forgiven or learned to walk in it.

THAT is the key to the door right there.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/10/2015 at 4:30 AM, ayin jade said:

Do you struggle with forgiving someone something? What is the hardest thing you had to forgive? What made it hard to forgive?

In fact, forgiveness should not be difficult. After all, hatred is something that oppresses us terribly inside. Why do we have to insist on hurting ourselves just to see others suffer? Why should we reject the commandments of Jesus, which does us so well, to follow what our soul dictates, since this only hurts us?

Besides, what sense does it have to live in a world where something only works if it is driven by the fuel of evil? Where one good thing is done only for fear of punishment? Where somebody only receive something from others through violence or seduction?

Furthermore, think: what real victory can we achieve if, to put an end to evil, we have to use evilness? In this case, what was proved was the efficacy of evil and, with it, fear. Considering that the one who fears cannot be perfected in love (1 John. 4:18), soon this world will be formed of obligations and rights without meaning.

Why is it easier to believe in the power of evil than in the power of godliness (2 Tim. 3.5)? Why is it necessary to have agents prepared and equipped to do evil (the legal and police force) so that society can exist? Is it only possible to do good by being pressed by evil or under threat of evil? If this is true, life has no worth and all that Jesus did on the cross was in vain. The Eternal turns out to be evil or impotent (seeing that, apparently, He doesn’t anything about it) and love, mere utopia.

May Jesus help us to believe in the power of mercy (2Timothy 3.5).