• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1955

Bcbsr, the ONLY reason WHY there are few who find the gate, is because right now, only few are even called and chosen to even see the gate. Few are called, few are chosen, few find the gate, that parable is no reason to condemn someone.

Guest shiloh357

Well if you believe that all humans will be saved,  then on some level, you are a universalist.

The work of Christ on the cross is sufficient for all, and he gave in his life for all, but not all will choose to accept his offer of grace.  So, not all will be saved.  Jesus said, "strait is the gate and narrow is the path that leads to eternal life and few there will be that will find it"    So, it is not the case that all will be saved.

I am not a Universalist on any level, but label me however you have a need to; such is you're way. I am not a member of any Universalist movement. Or any other. I believe in the word of God, and whatever human you are willing to condemn, the word of God reveals to me that God is not willing that they would perish; and that expressed will of God is enough for me. I know Christians express things as you have, always willing to state that not all will be saved, but I am so glad that human salvation is not in the hands of Christians, or unbelievers would be surely doomed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Few are called, few are chosen, few find the gate, that parable is no reason to condemn someone.

It's not a parable, you are trying to interpret things rather than accept them at face value.  And no one is condemning them, those who care are the ones who speak the truth to them.  Telling people they can get to heaven without accepting Jesus will lead to their destruction if they believe the ear tickling doctrine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Jesus was talking to the people of Israel ( & any Gentiles listening) in Matt. 7: 13 & 14 concerning the `narrow gate,` & `there are few who find it.`

Then just looking at Rev. 7: 9 which shows us the `great multitude, which no one could number of all nations,` clearly shows us that there are different groups & different times.

Israel was `blinded,` when Jesus was talking to them so `few` would come in. However in Rev. we see that amid all the horror of the great tribulation that an untold number from the nations turn to God.

Marilyn.

A number that no human could count is saved; that's great news for humanity, it means MORE are saved!

And no group of believers can shorten that number which cannot be counted; it means it should not be counted, should not be limited, should not be reduced.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi  mickiel,

Yes, how wonderful that God continues to draw people to Himself & that even amid wars & terror & horror, that people then face their own mortality & most often, reach out to God.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Michiel,do you mind sharing which church you go so we can understand you better?

There is no other way to heaven then through Jesus that people can get saved.

Mathew24:24:

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Bcbsr, the ONLY reason WHY there are few who find the gate, is because right now, only few are even called and chosen to even see the gate. Few are called, few are chosen, few find the gate, that parable is no reason to condemn someone.

I don't think anyone is condemning anyone....not in the specific. What is the truth....all of mankind will not enter heaven. It's neither condemnation from us nor what anyone with any understanding of hell would want for anyone. That being said....all are not going to heaven. We cannot ignore what Christ says in one place to support our view of something said in another. They all tie together, to say all will enter heaven is simply a lie and not true. 

Mat 7:21  Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23  And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness

This is simply one example where Christ himself says .... Not everyone who says to me Lord Lord shall enter heaven. So, how do we rectify that in your assertion that all will go to heaven?

I don't understand your term "increased salvation" ...There are those that will be saved, and those that won't ...how many? We don't know...we are never told that.

God Bless,

Hip

Guest shiloh357

Mickiel,

The belief that all humans will be saved is textbook universalism.   You may not want that label applied to your belief system, but that is the heart, the very core of universalist doctrine, whether you like it or not.