• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Pete C....

Welcome to "Worthy"   ,,,,,gee,George shared how "Worthy" came about and you got a few responses to your question,,,,,,I would like to ad that we ARE indeed Worthy & yes,it is true that unbelievers are NOT Worthy(as without Jesus we once were not),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmm,the reason is because by the Blood of Jesus we are Worthy,our Faith in our Lord & Savior and His finished work on the cross is the ONLY reason we are Worthy.....we are Worthy in our Fathers sight because He sees not us but His only begotten Son,it is His Blood that covers us,that has made us new,clean,holy ,acceptable,approved,reconciled,pure ,indefiled,pleasing and yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,Worthy!!!

I am, so grateful to be Worthy of Gods Grace,,,Worthy by the Blood of the Lamb of God.......................We boast for Christ

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Hi Folks..

Hmm..You know - the title here "worthy christian" - I mean - well,how do I say this tactfully - well,its just plain wrong,isnt it..?...To call us "worthy",as if WE are the judge of sch things..?...Seems a bit - pompous - arrogant - divisive even  - as if we say "we are worthy but you are not"...Can anyone else see that..?..

Maybe the idea comes from verses like this:

"I thank God The Father, who made us worthy for a part of the inheritance of the Saints in the light;

13And he has saved us from the power of darkness and brought us into The Kingdom of his Beloved Son;14He in whom we have salvation and the forgiveness of sins;" Col 1:12

or maybe the site, is worthy of your participation

Welcome to Worthy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Worthy was a ministry founded on the verse --

"Luke 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

The ministry was initially simply -- Worthy News.  We equip watchman -- to watch -- and provide the prayer points for the day -- in our Worthy Briefs that we send out across the world.  Finally we're equipping saints that they may be "accounted worthy" to escape all of these things!

God bless,

George

Nice response George without becoming defensive.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Hi Folks..

Hmm..You know - the title here "worthy christian" - I mean - well,how do I say this tactfully - well,its just plain wrong,isnt it..?...To call us "worthy",as if WE are the judge of sch things..?...Seems a bit - pompous - arrogant - divisive even  - as if we say "we are worthy but you are not"...Can anyone else see that..?..

You just need to understand what has been done for the born again believer, bro.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Hi Folks..

You just need to understand what has been done for the born again believer, bro.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust,

and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes,

and to make them inherit the throne of glory:

for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's,

and he hath set the world upon them. 1 Samuel 2:8

~

Beloved, Welcome~!

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard,

even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion:

for there the LORD commanded the blessing,

even life for evermore. Psalms 133

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Butero

That is interesting George, and that is a verse I have always found to be fascinating for a couple of reasons.  First, we are to pray always that we will be accounted worthy to escape the things to come on the earth, but what exactly do you think that means?  Are we praying that God will change us by placing us back on the potter's wheel and making us into someone worthy to escape as a result of our prayers?  What does it mean to be accounted worthy?  Most are claiming we are all automatically worthy because we simply prayed a sinners prayer or had a born again experience, and think we are worthy regardless of our lifestyle.  Since you started the ministry with that verse in mind, I would love your thoughts on this. 

My second question is what is the escape?  Do you believe that means the rapture?  I have always thought it did, but many don't seem to believe there is a rapture.  The only other escape I could see that is possible is death, and why would we pray to die to escape those things?  Again, I would love to have your thoughts on this.  Thanks George, and I look forward to reading your response.  God bless. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,780
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

That is interesting George, and that is a verse I have always found to be fascinating for a couple of reasons.  First, we are to pray always that we will be accounted worthy to escape the things to come on the earth, but what exactly do you think that means?  Are we praying that God will change us by placing us back on the potter's wheel and making us into someone worthy to escape as a result of our prayers?  What does it mean to be accounted worthy?  Most are claiming we are all automatically worthy because we simply prayed a sinners prayer or had a born again experience, and think we are worthy regardless of our lifestyle.  Since you started the ministry with that verse in mind, I would love your thoughts on this. 

My second question is what is the escape?  Do you believe that means the rapture?  I have always thought it did, but many don't seem to believe there is a rapture.  The only other escape I could see that is possible is death, and why would we pray to die to escape those things?  Again, I would love to have your thoughts on this.  Thanks George, and I look forward to reading your response.  God bless. 

To answer the first question -- that we may be accounted worthy.

First of all, there's NOTHING we can do to add to the sacrifice of Yeshua (Jesus).  If we think we can add to it -- then we've missed the whole understanding that we are saved completely 100% by grace! 

The illustration that I use in Israel is every Friday night we gather light the candles and break the bread and the wine. 

As I break the bread, I salt the loaf -- as is custom in the Jewish culture and explain the significance behind it.

First of all -- Yeshua said He is the BREAD of life!  And when we break bread -- we're reminding ourselves once again of how His body was broken for us!  He NEVER once called anyone to be the BREAD!  So this understanding -- that He alone is the sacrifice -- this will remove spiritual pride -- and come to the perfect understanding that in the eyes of God -- it's HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS that we can approach boldly to the throne of grace!  There's nothing we can do to add to His righteousness!

2Co 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is how we gain favor with God -- not in what we have done -- but what His Son has done for us.  This is why we ask all things in HIS NAME!

However, what's the salt part of the covenant?

The covenant of salt is used 3 times in the Bible -- and it was used in marriage -- in a pact of loyalty -- and salt was always precious!  For example we get the term -- he's worth his salt -- comes from how the Romans paid their legions with salt!

Jesus never called us to be the BREAD -- he alone is the sacrifice -- but HE DID CALL US to be the SALT!

So when I salt the bread -- I'm reminding the body in Israel that we play a part in the covenant!  We're not only reminding ourselves of the body that was broken for us -- but we are renewing our loyalty to the Lord -- we're renewing our marriage vows to the Lord!  We're going to strive to live a life of holiness and righteousness -- knowing that it doesn't add to the sacrifice -- but rather it adds the flavor the world so desperately around us needs to see!  If the salt have lost your flavor -- then it's worthless and good for nothing!  You will never change the world -- or the people around you for the Kingdom! 

However, if you realize that your holiness and righteousness is not to "gain favor with God" but rather to "gain favor with God and WITH MEN" so that you can change the world around you -- you'll never look down to anyone -- instead -- you'll look at them as God looks at them -- and this will always place us in a position of humility and loving our brothers as ourselves.

So when you understand the relationship in the covenant -- then when we live a life of being SALT to the WORLD -- you are seasoning the world for the harvest -- in this way may we be found WORTHY!

AS to the meaning of ESCAPE these things.  Personally I believe there's a great shaking coming to the world -- insomuch so that if we're not living a life of holiness and righteousness -- then we will find our houses under collapse.  However, if we're living a lifestyle of holiness and righteousness -- then I believe we can preserved in the midst of the storms that are coming! 

Noah was not taken out of the flood -- but preserved through the flood!  Shadrach, Meschach and Obednego were not taken out of the fiery furnace -- but preserved through it!

As Yeshua said, "I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one."

What does it mean in its entirety -- it's a mystery that we will fully understand when that portion of Scripture has been unsealed to us.  Until then, may we find ourselves worthy to escape these things!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Folks..

Title of the website aside, which has already been explained to you.

Worthy..  no we are not worthy in the sense that we can walk up to the throne of God and say 'I deserve heaven, your attention and salvation'

But are we worth something.. you bet we are, so much so that not only did Christ die for us, but he wants us the church as his bride !!

So while I cannot claim of my own accord any favours from the Lord, I stand with me head held high, a son of the living God, knowing I am loved and valued  beyond comparison, and more than words could ever say.  I know I am of great worth, as is every single one of my Brothers and Sisters in the Lord.

AIP

Edited by AnythingIsPossible

Guest Butero

Thank you George, so let me see if I understand you correctly.  You don't believe that one Christian can be more worthy than another in the sense of saved, but you are saying that if we are living as good examples, being salt to the world, that places us in a position to where when the evil times come upon the world in the form of the great tribulation, we will be under a type of hedge of protection to escape from being harmed.  I would have to take that to mean that you must not be a believer in the rapture.  Am I wrong in making that assumption?  I am not arguing the point but only telling you how I have taken that verse in the past.  I have taken it to mean that we are to pray that God would account us worthy, based on our holy lifestyle, to escape the things to come in the form of the rapture.  I have taken it to mean that a very small number of Christians will be found worthy to go in the rapture.  It was separate from being a Christian, because I believe there will be professing Christians that won't make it in the rapture.  If I am understanding you right, you are saying that God will account some worthy, based on their holy lifestyle, not to go in the rapture, but to be protected through the great tribulation period.  There will be some Christians that will not be under God's hedge of protections because they haven't been salty.  The only difference here if I understand you right is a belief in the rapture.  Am I correct, or am I way off base? 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,780
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I would have to take that to mean that you must not be a believer in the rapture.  Am I wrong in making that assumption?

Yes, very wrong -- the Bible clearly discusses a taking away of the Church -- the timing of which is what is in question.

I have taken it to mean that a very small number of Christians will be found worthy to go in the rapture.

This sounds like a teaching similar to Watchman Nee, a kind of "first-fruits" rapture -- before the "next rapture".  I'm not closed to that -- however I believe the Scriptures are clear that it seems to be a single event and it appears the entire body is taken together at the same time.

If I am understanding you right, you are saying that God will account some worthy, based on their holy lifestyle, not to go in the rapture, but to be protected through the great tribulation period.

I believe that believers will be purified before seeing the King!  Whether we go through the purification ourselves -- or we're going to be "purified" through persecution, I believe that may the question we're facing.  Remember that "judgment" must begin at the house of God!  I don't believe the "laodicea" church should expect to be raptured -- when the judgment of Revelation 3 says that "because you were lukewarm" I shall spew you out of my mouth!  That doesn't sound like "rapture" to me!  So the question is -- what does the Lord mean that "I will spew you out of my mouth"?

Personally, I believe we can have a "concept" of what's coming -- but in reality, I believe the book is still sealed to a point that none of us can dogmatically say what will take place.  But you don't have to worry about what's coming -- if you're already living a "worthy" lifestyle!