• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Dear Butero.

Some of the words and expressions you use in this thread express a fair bit of tension and criticism.

I pray that you will simmer down and find some peace within yourself again.

Let go and let God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Sorry Butero, I will not engage in your challenge for validity.

I have already told my truth, turned my other cheek, and now will leave you to it - alone.

Edited by Raven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

I never said anything about female plumbers. 

It just says the man is not to wear women's garments....

~

So We Agree Not To Pencil In Woman's Paints For Woman As Sin, For Woman Are Indeed

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. Deuteronomy 22:15

By God Put Beside Their Man To Help Him Even It Means They Put On Women's Jeans

And Fork Their Cutting Horses To Rope Out The Spring Calves

For Branding, Vaccinations And Castration

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:8

Praise The LORD For The Nation's Cattlemen

And For Their Hard Riding, Hard Working, Cow Punching Women

~

Here is what the Bible says about a man with long hair and a woman with short hair.  Remember that I didn't write this.  These are God's Words.  You can believe them or reject them. 

Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.  But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head:  for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 

1 Corinthians 11:4,5

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?  But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her:  for her hair is given her for a covering.  1 Corinthians 11:14,15

You will have to ask God about the bald woman.  I am not about addressing people making excuses for why they cannot do what God says in his Word.  I am about standing for what he says, and that is what he says.  Good luck arguing this point with God.  Ask him these questions you are asking me and see where it gets you.  Try saying something like, "But Lord, what about those female plumbers and bald women.  Sorry, but we know you can't really mean what you just said unless you can tell us more.  We know you can't mean what you said because we don't even know what long is unless you give us precise measurements.  Since I know you won't do those things, I have no choice but to ignore them.  Thanks just the same.  A-men."

~

Amen~!

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Ephesians 5:21

I Believe The Hair Issue Is One Of Respect

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Ephesians 5:22-24

And Of Love

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. Ephesians 5:25-28

Which Brings Us Back To The Next (Odorous) Issue

~

The scriptures you gave don't say polygamy is a sin.  As a matter of fact, the law of Moses regulates the practice, and God wouldn't do that if it were a sin.  Using your own arguments, having just one wife can't make a man righteous.  If you seriously want to debate polygamy again, I could start another thread on the topic and show where it is allowed by God in the law of Moses, where righteous men had more than one wife, and where 7 women will cling to one man as a result of a shortage of men in the future.  I can prove from scripture it is not a sin, but you can't even begin to show me wrong without adding to the Word or taking scripture out of context.  If you doubt me, I will be glad to debate the subject.  I have plenty of scripture to back me up.

~

Exactly~!

Speaking Of Sin And Infidelity

Brother, Always Agreed With Holy Scripture

So I Believe That Based On The Volume Of The Holy Bible,

When Jesus Said Let No Man Separate

He Included Women

And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?”  He answered, Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Matthew 19:3-6 (ESV)

And God Indeed Got It Right

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27 (ESV)

The First Time

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24 (ESV)

So, What's

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Matthew 19:9

The Beef?

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:28 (ESV)

~

PS: Please Explain How A Man Has A Second

Or Third Or Four Wedding Night With Other Women

Without First Putting The Treasured Wife Of His Youth Away

You cry out, "Why doesn't the LORD accept my worship?" I'll tell you why! Because the LORD witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows. Malachi 2:14 (NLT)

From Her Rightful Place As The Wife Of His Heart?

Didn't the LORD make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. Malachi 2:14 (NLT)

And Beloved, To Teach Otherwise Is....

Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.

Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. Proverbs 5:17-19

Unwise....

And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.

His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.

He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray. Proverbs 5:20-23

And

And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me? Genesis 27:46

Unnatural

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Genesis 3:16

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I do not wish to start a fire but I am interesting in how people think. I find myself being well shocked I guess at people who are Believers, having issues with other Believers out word appearance. I am friends with a pastor who happens to have long hair and tattoos. He is a Godly man who gave up most of what he owns so that he could better serve the homeless. But he says that he gets hate mail from other Believers who condemn him because of his long hair and tattoos. I find this to be rather shocking. So I am simply going to ask you all who are Believers, would you have an issue with a pastor  because they have long hair and tattoos?  I am going to refrain from debating this issue and I will not try to change anyone's point of view. I just want to see what other Believers think about this. :laughing:

I think people who have tattoos, who were formerly nonbelievers, have no issue with God. I would not recommend tatoos for believers as it is evidence of vanity. The same could be said for long hair. I used to have very long hair until I realized the pridefulness that came with it. Long hair would depend on the reasoning.

But vanity could be applied to anything. Such as wearing makeup or a nice new suite. I personally think that vanity is more of an state of mind more so then just wearing a new pairs of shoes.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Let me make it clear Fresno Joe that we don't agree on clothing.  Pants pertain to a man, so it is an abomination for women to wear jeans.  I don't care if they are marketed to women or not.  If you were to market a sun dress for men, it would still be feminine apparel, and the man who wore it would be doing something that is an abomination.  He would also be guilty of being effeminate, as soft clothing is included in the definition of effeminate.  It only makes sense therefore that women who wear masculine clothing are in the wrong. 

The long hair on a man is called a shame.  That is because his short hair is a sign of submission, that he is under his head Jesus Christ.  The same thing applies to the woman.  Her long hair is a covering and it shows she is under her husband's authority.  It is not a sin, but it is a shame for a man to have long hair or a woman to have short hair. 

The polygamy issue is more complicated, and it will take more time to go into, so it looks like the only solution to this is to start another thread on the subject to debate it properly.  I really hoped to avoid going down that road, but it looks like it is inevitable I am going to have to.  When I get time, I will begin the process. 

My mom used to wear old lady slacks. You could call them pants, but I doubt you would ever catch a sane man wearing them. I think you are getting caught up in semantics. a0 They didn't wear pants when Paul was around  b) Women's  pants generally don't look like men's pants. I doubt Levi's was around back then even though it is a biblical name. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Let me make it clear Fresno Joe that we don't agree on clothing.  Pants pertain to a man, so it is an abomination for women to wear jeans.  I don't care if they are marketed to women or not.  If you were to market a sun dress for men, it would still be feminine apparel, and the man who wore it would be doing something that is an abomination.  He would also be guilty of being effeminate, as soft clothing is included in the definition of effeminate.  It only makes sense therefore that women who wear masculine clothing are in the wrong. 

The long hair on a man is called a shame.  That is because his short hair is a sign of submission, that he is under his head Jesus Christ.  The same thing applies to the woman.  Her long hair is a covering and it shows she is under her husband's authority.  It is not a sin, but it is a shame for a man to have long hair or a woman to have short hair. 

The polygamy issue is more complicated, and it will take more time to go into, so it looks like the only solution to this is to start another thread on the subject to debate it properly.  I really hoped to avoid going down that road, but it looks like it is inevitable I am going to have to.  When I get time, I will begin the process. 

You said 'He would also be guilty of being effeminate, as soft clothing is included in the definition of effeminate.  It only makes sense therefore that women who wear masculine clothing are in the wrong.'

Soft clothing is effeminate? Thanks. I like flannel shirts because they are so soft. My husband has some really nice soft flannel shirts that I like. Now I can take them from him and he can not object since they are soft which is effeminate.  :biggrinflip:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

but some think all facial hair on a man is wrong.

While I respect the believes of others, I do not see any Bible basses that says having a beard is wrong. While you would not attend a church that had a pastor with long hair or allowed women in pants. I would not attend a church that made the rule that having a beard is wrong. Not because I am a fan of beards, but because I think that such a teaching is not Biblical. So you see, we are not so different. As you choice to follow what you believe to be Biblical just as I do.

I'm not understanding the prohibition against facial hair on a man either.  We know Jesus Himself had a beard so how could it be wrong?  He can do no wrong because He's God. 

Hey, how's the weather down there?

The floods and all.

We are waterlogged!  But is has stopped raining, at least for now. It got pretty serious with people losing their homes.  Thankfully, only one member of my family, my SIL, was directly affected.  He lost his car to the flood.  Thank the Lord for insurance. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Soft means feminine.  Look up the word translated effeminate in the Greek and it proves my point. 

I'm not arguing. I really like flannel shirts. I'm hoping my husband accepts the argument.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I believe you're totally wrong on this one, Butero.  In Jesus' time men and women wore similar long robes.  It's only an 'abomination' if one is trying to appear as the opposite sex.  I wear jeans and slacks most of the time and I seriously don't believe God sees me as a sinner because of that.  He knows who I am. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Something is missing in your argument. Butero. Maybe the reason or the meaning behind the scripture. Dunno. I wonder what the differences were in Adam and eve's clothing was that God provided. Did Adam have shorter hair than eve when He created them? I am not a historian. Did they really have britches in Jesus time?