IGNORED

Can Somebody Help Me With This Question.

Jerry1023

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

I don't think they go to Hell until after their judgement

I don't think the unbelievers go to hell until after the Great White Throne Judgment either.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think they go to Hell until after their judgement

The are already Judged. Mark 16 off to Hades they go.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,268
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Hades was the grave or the place of the dead, wasn't it? Abraham's bosom is where the poor man Lazarus went and where the godly Jews went who looked forward to the coming Messiah. They all depended on God's grace.

It is good to see you again, Jerry. You were missed.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

Hades is the Greek word for hell.  It is thrown into the lake of fire.

Hades is the Greek word for the Hebrew Sheol.  "Hell" is the English word for the eternal Lake of Fire.  Unfortunately the KJV used "hell" for both.

Hades is metaphorically cast into the Lake of Fire, since Hades will disappear after the Great White Throne Judgment, and all those who were in Hades will then be in the Lake of Fire.

• Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Sheol.jpg

Luke 16:19–31 (AV)

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:

28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

"Abraham's Bosom" is what Jesus emptied out in that three hour time frame between his death on the cross at 3PM and sunset.

Ephesians 4:8–10 (AV)

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Unbelievers still go to hell / hades / sheol in death as disembodied spirits awaiting resurrection (to glorify the Father by worshiping Jesus Philippians 2:9-11) and then the final judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). 

Believers go to be with the Lord in heaven as disembodied spirits awaiting the resurrection to the BEMA seat judgment (Romans 14:10) and:

2 Corinthians 5:1–10 (AV)

1For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

• Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Think about it, the transition from Abraham's Bosom to heaven was greater than the parting of the Red sea and may well be the prophetic fulfillment of that prophetic pantomime.

red-sea.jpg

OR...

the less publicized but more prophetically accurate parting of the Jordan River by Joshua (Anlicanized Greek for "Jesus") leading the people into the Promised Land.

kohath-02.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Where was the destination of those people that died before our Lord Jesus Christ came and died for our sins?

Did they go to heaven?

I heard somebody saying that,if not for Christ,all of us would have perish in hell fire,

Which i understood very well,

My question is,those people that died before Christ came and laid down His life for our sins,

Where was their destination?

Heaven or Hell fire?

If they were believers they went to Paradise if they were not believers they went to Sheol.After Jesus died on the cross he went to Paradise and took those who there to heaven.

I see it this way to bopeep. I think Luke 16 22-26 is an example of paradise before Christ was crucified after which heaven is the destination.

although I know some who say The luke verses I provided are speaking of Heaven, I do not believe Abraham's bosom was heaven, I think it was paradise.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Sheol is Hebrew, hades is Greek, Gehenna is Hebrew also but though a place of extreme torment it is also the place where sacrifices were offered to Mollech, hell is English. Before Jesus' death and resurrection, Sheol had 2 parts one of torment and one of Paradise. They could see and talk to one another but could not go from one place to the other.when Jesus ascended He took Paradise out of Sheol into heaven so that Sheol is now only a plce of torment..heat as the rich man complained. After the final judgement of the unbeliever, they are cast into outer darkness total separation from love and light.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

those who seek to know God based on faith in His grace enter into life eternal, which is to know Him, before leaving their flesh bodies.  when people leave their flesh body (physical death), those who know God go to be with Him; those who have rejected God go to the only place reserved to honor their decision not to know Him, which we typically refer to as hell.  

remember that God's love for man was established before man was created, as God's plan of redemption has existed from the beginning; so He surely would not send someone to hell who sought to know Him through faith in His grace and physically died before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection.  while Jesus' account of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16 does imply that there was a 'staging area' for people who sought to know God through faith in His grace and died physically before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, we have no clear 'second witness' of this in scripture (that i am aware of), so we don't know.  but we do know that God is perfect love, and perfect love overcomes all, so we can rest assured that those who sought to know Him through faith in His grace and physically died before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection were not judged and condemned to hell.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I thought they went to sleep. Wasn't Samuel cranky about being disturbed by Saul awakening him? Not only that but he was seen coming up out of the earth. Plus, in some of the psalms, the righteous who were emploring God to keep there lives so He could be praised by them. "Will the dust praise you?" I have no idea where this paradise thing comes in. Except the only thing is before Christ arose from the dead, he said in luke on the cross: 'Today you will be with me in paradise.' I just thought of that. I wondered why He said that when he did arise three days later yet, and said He didn't even ascend into heaven yet while seeing some of his followers. I always thought paradise WAS heaven. But why were the old testement saints so afraid of dying and ending up in the dust.