• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Very good topic !

No not every body will be healed on earth ...hey we wouldn't  need any more doctors or would they be for the unbelievers? 

God always answers prayer but He answer can be: no~~ not now~~or in heaven ,then all our pains and sorrows will be gone.

God can use the faith from a Christian to be a powerful witness to the unbeliever.

Sometimes God will heal us ..but  His grace is sufficient ~~

2 Cor 12:9:

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

John 14:13-14

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

KJV

I was raised to believe that If A person was sick that this was the will of God for that person to be sick. then upon my studying of the word, I came across scriptures such as these above, and James 5 anoint with oil and pray and the sick will be healed. so I really struggle with the Will of God, SO I went to the Father in prayer, and asked is it your will that any be sick, the response I got was. scriptures says we being evil know how to give gifts to our children, so God Said even with you being evil, which would of your children would you will cancer on?

Guest shiloh357

There are people who God doesn't heal and the reasons he doesn't intervene and heal are part of long list of things we won't understand until a later time.  God sees the big picture and he knows what we don't know.

What we assume is the best solution may not as good as we think.  We pray in Jesus' Name but according to His sovereign will.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

There are people who God doesn't heal and the reasons he doesn't intervene and heal are part of long list of things we won't understand until a later time.  God sees the big picture and he knows what we don't know.

What we assume is the best solution may not as good as we think.  We pray in Jesus' Name but according to His sovereign will.  

God sees the big picture and he knows what we don't know.

Amen!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Exactly... God sees the whole picture.We don't know what is going to happen in the next second but God does.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The problem is that those in the WoF movement argue that divine health is always God's will, period.     Faith has been used as a means of manipulating God (a futile thing in and of itself), but it has also been used to control and manipulate believers as well.    How many have been conned into "planting seed"  for their healing.   They are fleeced by faith healers who promise them that if they will follow the formulas in their books that they will tap into God's healing power.

The issue is not whether someone will eventually be healed by simply following the doctor.   Often that is not the case as much of modern medicine really only treats the symptoms without curing the ailment itself.

The issue is about the will of God to supernaturally heal.  Is healing a guarantee via the atonement?  Is God under any obligation to heal everyone who asks for it?  And if so, where does the NT promise any of that?

First, You and I have heard, and seen our share of God stepping in when man could do nothing. We both seen God's will to heal. Being forgiven, is no more a promise than the Lord will also heal. I showed you in two places for two witnesses both healing and forgiveness are connected. It's not a matter of forcing God to do anything, it's a matter of believing what God said. 

However, I can post 30 reason God wants us healed, and post 30 that God wants to forgive and does not even take pleasure in the death of the wicked, nor does God judge men willingly. God has to, but its not his will, and not the way he wanted it to turn out.

Lam_3:33  For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

So it appears I am left in the position to Wash out the WOF position of just saying a few things and quoting a few scriptures, then fully expecting God to just jump in and heal us. Granted, a lot of it is not very deep or answers many question. Not all so called WOF teaching is that way though. 

Let's just break down a little by little. Why don't every Get healed if it's included in some promise or some atonement? Is it even really a promise? If so, a promise to who? 

Let's just look at ONE Reason many older believers never get healed. Unsaved, new believers, easy. I have seen more than my share. What about the guy that served God 20 years, had the church pray, and nothing? 

Everything about everyone does not always appear as it seems. Obeying God, do what He said do, keep yourself living godly in Christ Jesus. 

2Ti 3:11  Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me

2Ti 3:12  Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution

And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation. For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
(2Co 1:7-10)

1Sa_26:24  And, behold, as thy life was much set by this day in mine eyes, so let my life be much set by in the eyes of the LORD, and let him deliver me out of all tribulation

Now Paul is saying if God delivered us, you can take consolation in what we went through, knowing God will do the same for you. Paul said it was so bad, he had a sentence of death in them, set to die. So much, Paul said we don't trust in ourselves, but trust in God who can raise the dead even. Not only did God deliver us, we trust He will always come through and deliver. 

A few things here, Paul is trusting in the Lord, not in His great faith, or in some confession but that God can deliver if God can raise the dead. Paul is also doing what the Lord said do. Paul is not doing his own thing, going where He wants to go. Paul did not just set up a ministry on some nice beach where only the nice vacation folks would hang out. 

Now if Paul said God will deliver us from all things, trusting in Him, then it is so. We ought not to question that. If anyone would know, it would be Paul. 

We have millions of Christians not even concerned with doing what the Lord said do. Lots of them starting their own things that seem good, and God never said a word about starting those things. 
People just believe, don't sin, go to church, all is fine. NO, NO and NO. We are created for his Workmanship, not our own, we are a body part and we best find what part and get in that. 

Well then, am I saying we can only be healed after the good works? God forbid, that is not what is happening. 

And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

(Exo 15:26)

The Lord has not changed one bit. What was the Law, is now the Law of faith or the obedience of faith. Are we doing exactly what the Lord said do? If we do, what did He say He would do? He is the Lord that heals us.

Hence in James the Prayer of faith does save the sick, but if that person committed Sin, the Lord also forgives that disobedience of not hearkening unto all the Lord said do. 

People miss out on healing, because of their own heart, and lack of confidence in God. Knowing, they are not doing everything they believe the Lord would have them do

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 
(1Jn 3:20-22)

Paul had confidence, because Paul was doing what the Lord told him to do. So bold, that no matter what happened, He said more than once, the Lord will deliver Him, no issues.

If our heart has confidence in the Lord, Whatsoever we ask, we receive. Protection, bills paid, healing, so on......... Whatsoever.

Long enough, but it's not a cut and dried matter concerning healing. It's not a WOF thing, or a denomination thing. We need to believe what the scriptures do say. There is lots to learn.

be blessed.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I believe Christians should claim more healing than they do tho, and more people would be healed if they did this. Seriously, is it so hard a thing to do? It is quoting a bunch of words and expecting. Not difficult. Eventually God may even provide an answer that something in until the natural will cure you, or go to THIS doctor, or something. Why can't we have faith in that area too?

Edited by Pamelasv

Guest shiloh357

Healing isn't something we "claim."   That's not in the Bible.   Healing is not promise to all believers.  God has never promised that everyone can or will be healed in this life.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Is it always in the perfect will of God to heal every person of any illness / disability 100%  of the time?

Discuss...

Is God's perfect will always 100% accomplished on this earth?

Guest shiloh357

No, it's not, but that's beside the point.     The question is whether or not it is God's will to heal, or not.