• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I've been Studying  the difference between the Gospel of salvation vs the Gospel of the Kingdom in scripture. It started actually from a post here at worthy, but I don't remember who posted it or what thread the post was in ( I want to say Retrobyter  But I'm not sure). The more I actually read the bible on this the more I am convinced that they are not the same thing. The gospel that most churches teach ( at least where I am from ) that I have been exposed to is Incomplete by teaching the Gospel of salvation. The Gospel of the kingdom is what Jesus, Jesus' 12 disciples, and Paul all taught. My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

Thank you

Firestormx

P.S. I hope to start a conversation with this but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to contribute to this thread. I will try to check in as much as I can.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

1Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, 2"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." 3For this is the one referred to by Isaiah the prophet when he said, "THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, 'MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT!'"

Matthew3:2

There's only one gospel and that is the gospel of Jesus Christ

Galation 1

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, (1 Corinthians 15.1-4).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

1Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, 2"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." 3For this is the one referred to by Isaiah the prophet when he said, "THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, 'MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT!'"

Galation 1

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, (1 Corinthians 15.1-4).

I agree there is only one true gospel, but is what most churches teach the gospel of Jesus as described in scripture?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

I see them as the same gospel, but different aspects of the same gospel.

The gospel of the Kingdom is the Messianic promise of the Kingdom of God which will be on earth, with Jesus as King. For now it is a heavenly kingdom but will be a physical kingdom on earth.

The gospel of salvation is the way to be citizens of the Kingdom of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Galation 1

I agree there is only one true gospel, but is what most churches teach the gospel of Jesus as described in scripture?

I would hope so...I never really heard of the gospel of the Kingdom?

Jesus talked about the Kingdom to come...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've been Studying  the difference between the Gospel of salvation vs the Gospel of the Kingdom in scripture. It started actually from a post here at worthy, but I don't remember who posted it or what thread the post was in ( I want to say Retrobyter  But I'm not sure). The more I actually read the bible on this the more I am convinced that they are not the same thing. The gospel that most churches teach ( at least where I am from ) that I have been exposed to is Incomplete by teaching the Gospel of salvation. The Gospel of the kingdom is what Jesus, Jesus' 12 disciples, and Paul all taught. My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

Thank you

Firestormx

P.S. I hope to start a conversation with this but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to contribute to this thread. I will try to check in as much as I can.

Yes! Thank you for starting this thread. This is something I've been growing in and discovering. First, it's important to understand what the Kingdom is. The Kingdom is the realm of Christ's dominion. A Kingdom points to a King and His rule and reign. Jesus is a perfect King and we get to model to the world what His reign looks like, what His Kingdom "Heaven" looks like through the power of the Holy Spirit. It's interesting that Jesus mentioned the Kingdom 88 times and the Church only 4.

FIrst, we are to pray for His Kingdom to come, and when His Kingdom does come, His will is made manifest on earth as it is in heaven.

Matthew 6:10 Your kingdom come.

Your will be done

On earth as it is in heaven.

When His Kingdom does comes, power is demonstrated that overthrows the kingdom of darkness through the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 6:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

The Kingdom is preached and demonstrated. The disciples were taught the Kingdom is at hand, meaning accessible.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.

Matthew 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Luke 11:9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’

Gifts of the Spirit are demonstrations of the power of the age to come, "The Kingdom in it's fullness"

Hebrews 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,

It's accessible to everyone.

Luke 16:16 “The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

Through Jesus death, we have been given the Holy Spirit who gives us access to the Kingdom of God. Jesus rule and reign starts now over our lives as we learn to live by the Spirit.

Luke 17:20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation;

Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

We are here to proclaim, steward, and demonstrate the Kingdom of heaven - the rule and reign of Jesus until He comes to rule over the earth as King.

Luke 19:11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

The simplest way to understand this is that when Jesus of Nazareth came to Israel, He came as their Messiah-King.  Therefore as long as He was on earth, it was "the Gospel of the Kingdom", and even there this phrase occurs only in Matthew and Mark. 

After the King was rejected and crucified, it was no longer the Gospel of the Kingdom.   But at its core it was the Gospel of Salvation by grace through faith in the Person and finished work of Christ, which is the Everlasting Gospel.

At the same time, Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is within you", and therefore you will find "the Kingdom of God" (the rule of Christ over the Church) mentioned over and over again in the epistles. This Kingdom is presently invisible ("my Kingdom is not of this world"), but will be established as a visible Kingdom at the beginning of the Millennium, and will remain for eternity.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Qnts2 said in post 5:

The gospel of the Kingdom is the Messianic promise of the Kingdom of God which will be on earth, with Jesus as King. For now it is a heavenly kingdom but will be a physical kingdom on earth.

That's right.

For presently, the kingdom of God is in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18, Hebrews 12:22-24), and is on the earth spiritually within Christians (Romans 14:17, Luke 17:21). But in the future, the kingdom will come fully upon the earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). It will also be physically (Luke 22:30, Matthew 19:28) on the earth (Revelation 5:10), first during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21), and then on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-8).

Jesus' kingdom is Israel (John 1:49, John 12:13-15, John 19:19, Luke 22:30). And at Jesus' 2nd coming, he will sit on the earthly throne of David (Luke 1:32-33, Isaiah 9:7), and restore the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6-7, Acts 3:20-21). Jesus is, in his humanity, the son of David (Matthew 1:1, Matthew 21:15-16, Romans 1:3), of the house of David (Luke 1:69). So at Jesus' 2nd coming, he will restore the tabernacle, the house, of David (Isaiah 16:5, Amos 9:11) to its royal glory (2 Samuel 5:12), which it had lost (2 Kings 17:21a). And Jesus will fulfill the prophecy and prayer of 2 Samuel 7:16-29. And he will bring salvation to all the still-living, unbelieving elect Jews of the house of David. For they (along with all other still-living, unbelieving elect Jews) will come into faith in him when they see him at his 2nd coming (Zechariah 12:10-14, Zechariah 13:1,6, Romans 11:26-31). And so they will all become part of the church at that time, for now there are no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

After Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:3, Zechariah 14:3-5) will occur the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:8-21), during which time the Gentile nations will come to seek the returned Jesus ruling the whole earth (Zechariah 8:22, Zechariah 14:9, Psalms 72:8-11) on the restored throne of David (Isaiah 9:7) in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:8-11,16-19). And the physically resurrected church will reign on the earth with Jesus during the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). For the church is Israel (Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10).

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Is This The Gospel Of The Kingdom (Israel)

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion:

for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people:

and I will dwell in the midst of thee,

and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation. Zechariah 2:10-13

And The Gospel Of Salvation (Whosoever)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. Isaiah 6:3

Is This The Blessed

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

Believer

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15