• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jmann

Absolutely.  At the same time we should not forget perfect sanctification (1 Jn 3:1-3): Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.                                                       posted by Ezra

Great to have you here with us,,,,so are you considering Christianity?

Simply put, you accept Christ and then grow in your walk with Him to become more and more like Him.                               posted by Jmann

Yes,it is quite simple ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:emot-heartbeat:

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                                                                                                                                                                  John 14:6

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/3/2015 at 11:40 AM, Jmann said:

Do most Bible believing Christians adhere to the doctrine of Sanctification? I understand that there are two. Positional and progressive, which as I understand it, simply means that when you accept Christ as you personal Savior, you are positionally saved. Secondly, as you continue to follow and understand what the Scriptures actually mean, you are undergoing progressive sanctification.

Simply put, you accept Christ and then grow in your walk with Him to become more and more like Him. 

yes, righteousness and purity and holiness are imputed to us - Christ's own. we are declared to have these things, because we have Christ who stands on our place and acts as our 'advocate' and 'champion.' that's often called 'positional sanctification

and with regard to what we experience, we are being conformed to the image of Him. this is also the work of God, who transforms and renews us - we do not have ourselves to thank for any of this, but Him alone - and this is ongoing until that day when He returns and reconciles all things, making us complete, and fully transforming us into something we cannot yet perceive, but '
we know we will be like Him
this '
progressive sanctification' encompasses every part of us -- our bodies, our thoughts, our hearts/minds/subconscious being, our actions, and our emotions - everything. and inherent in the truth that we are yet being perfected is the truth that we are not yet perfected - so that in all of us, while we yet live in these tents, there remain physical issues, nature issues, mental issues, sin issues -- things that the Refiner, the Author and Finisher of our faith is still perfecting and renewing and transforming. things for which we still have need of Him ((as though we did not 'need' Him even for what He has already given! remember the conversion of Nebudchanezzar? He took his very mind away, to teach him his place!)).

so the positional aspect should give us joy, and the progressive aspect should teach us meekness and humility, and from both we ought to have gratitude and thankfulness towards God - who alone is working these things in us! from all of this, God is praised -- and no one can boast ^_^ & all glory ought to be given to God, because it is His work, not ours.

this is sort of all wrapped up in a single line of scripture: 

For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
(Hebrews 10:14)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is the strongest part of our faith- for we are witness even within ourselves the life changing motivation to
be like our Lord~ as His likeness is formed into our minds from His Word and moved into our hearts in the doing...  
Love, Steven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/3/2015 at 10:40 AM, Jmann said:

Do most Bible believing Christians adhere to the doctrine of Sanctification? I understand that there are two. Positional and progressive, which as I understand it, simply means that when you accept Christ as you personal Savior, you are positionally saved. Secondly, as you continue to follow and understand what the Scriptures actually mean, you are undergoing progressive sanctification.

Simply put, you accept Christ and then grow in your walk with Him to become more and more like Him. 

:emot-heartbeat:

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen Beloved~!

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14

Don't Strut

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Just Yet

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Glory~!

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

Sanctification is learning what justification is.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, Kan said:

Sanctification is learning what justification is.

:thumbsup:

Amen~! Sanctification Is Becoming A Reflection Of Him

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:6

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Brothers & Sisters,

Christ said be ye perfect as I am perfect, he also said go & sin no more, he didn't say sin a little less.  Most Christians seem to believe if you think a sinful thought its a sin, I disagree, the reading says, you have sinned in your heart.  I'll try to give an example, I see someone drop their wallet I think I'll keep that I can pay some of my many debts, but conviction gets me & I pick up the wallet & hand it back.  Have I sinned because I was tempted to keep it? read James. 1:14-15.                          Remember: Christ was tempted  at every point as you & I are but did not sin.  Temptation is not sin. Read James 1:14-15  

Contemplate what is the difference between temptation & sin,

Many seem to think that God hasn't the power to help us to overcome. I'm just writing of the cuff here so if my examples may not be so good.  Is a caterpillar perfect though it is not a butterfly, of cause it is, its a perfect caterpillar. Similarly the new Christian can be perfect just as the caterpillar is, we still will be tempted but must try to be perfect, by making the right choices.  As Time goes on the metamorphous should be taking place, this is the sanctification process which is ongoing, (this also is all Gods work) our job is to submit to his will & not our desires.   No where here have I said we can earn our way to salvation, what I am saying is you always have the choice to sin or not, thoughts are another matter but when you realise you are entertaining bad thoughts there is your prompting from the Holy Spirit, if you find it difficult, pray, God will listen.  

God bless  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/1/2016 at 7:50 AM, Riccardo said:

Most Christians seem to believe if you think a sinful thought its a sin, I disagree, the reading says, you have sinned in your heart. 

wouldn't "perfection" - as the Father is perfect - include not having any such thought? 
i.e. 
do you imagine that the Father has sinful thoughts, just is able to deny them all? 

& what is "the heart" ? both the Hebrew & Greek give "mind" as part of the definitions. it's not a trivial thing to define, and it is not wholly detached & separate from the thing in you & me that "thinks" ((i think ^_^))

Edited by post

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Brother Post,

Thank you for making me look deeper, I went to Biblical Hermeneutics which is possibly  one of the better places to go in this instance. Looking at the content of  Matthew 5: 43-48            Their answer was----you are to love as God loved, with out partiality.

To love is perfect.  

As to what is the heart, I think the point is, we as fallen people are in need a new heart the bible is clear on this point i'm sure you'll agree. Therefore I still stand on my first explanation regarding the definition of sin being an act & not a thought. As for the thought process to be perfect we need a new heart & thats exactly what our LORD has promised.    Ezekiel 36:26.

God bless.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 6/26/2016 at 7:51 PM, Riccardo said:

Hi Jmann,

When we come to Christ in acceptance we are immediately Justified, meaning, it is though we have never sinned.

From that point we start the sanctification process, Be yea perfect as I am perfect, the sanctification process is a on going purification process our whole lives. We all can come to Christ as we are, but if in a few years we are the same Christian as the day we started I would be questioning our standing.

My favorite word is Justified or Justification, as stated just as if it had never happened.  To think that I am justified before the Creator of the universe and to fathom that when He looks at me He doesn't see my sin but only Jesus and the Blood that Jesus shed for me is almost to much.  How can anyone reject such a love?  I pray everyday that God would use me to speak this truth. 

Because He lives, RustyAngeL