• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Pamelasv.

Ok, I am not going to quote the previous enormous quotes of past posts.
So, since I started this post, I do want to say, that I disagree with *retrotryber* about saying it is only the end of the age because how can people live that long. I see it as God constantly throughout the ages having the tares uprooted. The sons of the evil one have been around since the beginning, and well, they don't live that long, but grow together with the righteous, die, and new generations pop up. So I really do not understand where you are coming from. Perhaps you would like to explain more detail.

You’ve started with wrong premises and therefore have come to wrong conclusions. This passage, practically the whole 13th chapter of Matthew, IS INDEED talking about His coming Kingdom which will last FAR longer than 1,000 years, but will exist without haSatan’s meddling for that 1,000 years (the future Millennium).

How can people live that long? It’s really quite simple. Within His Kingdom, the curse will be lifted. Furthermore, who is the King whose hands are those of a Healer? Who was resurrected from the dead, anyway? Who was it who raised others to life? Who will it be who will raise His own to life in their once-mortal bodies transformed into immortal bodies? Do you really think that only has to do with that fictional place that many Christians call “Heaven?!” “Heaven” is simply a word that means “the sky!” PERIOD

The sons of the evil one may have been around since the Curse, but His KINGDOM hasn’t been! It’s not even here, yet! If Yeshua`s Kingdom is anywhere here on this earth right now, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, then He is the WEAKEST EXCUSE OF A KING THERE COULD BE! But, He’s NOT such a weak King! His Kingdom simply ISN’T here, yet!

Look, this is one of the easier parables to understand in Matthew 13. Yeshua` spelled it out quite well by defining the elements of the parable.

2.   The Tares Mixed in with the Wheat (verses 24-30, 37-43)

Elements of the parable:

a. Sower = Son of man

b. Field = the world

c. Good seed = children of the kingdom

d. Tares = children of the wicked one

e. Enemy = the devil

f. Harvest = the end of the age (“world”)

g. Reapers = the angels

h. Barn = the kingdom of their Father

Simply make the substitutions!

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto the Son of man which sowed children of the Kingdom in his world:
25 But while men slept, the devil came and sowed children of the wicked one among the children of the Kingdom, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the children of the wicked one also.
27 So the angels of the Son of man came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow children of the Kingdom in thy world? from whence then hath it children of the wicked one?
28 He said unto them, The devil hath done this. The angels said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the children of the wicked one, ye root up also the children of the Kingdom with them.
30 Let both grow together until the end of the age: and in the time of the end of the age I will say to the angels, Gather ye together first the children of the wicked one, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the children of the Kingdom into the Kingdom of my Father.
KJV

Then, just add Yeshua`s explanation:

Matthew 13:41-43
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
KJV

Notice, though, that these children of the wicked one were IN the Messiah’s Kingdom in order for them to be gathered OUT of it! This is NOT an on-going action! This is a ONCE AT THE END action!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I do not believe you are correct in the above post. He's talking about past present and future. Until the final judgdment basically.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Shalom, Pamelasv.

I do not believe you are correct in the above post. He's talking about past present and future. Until the final judgdment basically.

Why would it be otherwise? His Kingdom is not here, yet!

Luke 22:13-22

13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.
22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!
KJV

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

Acts 1:6-11
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
KJV

His Kingdom is not here, yet! It won’t be back until the KING HIMSELF comes back!

'But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you. ' Matthew12:28.

'Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. ' Matthew 6:10

'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven IS AT HAND.' Matthew 3:2 (Said John the baptist as he was preparing the way for Jesus.)

Shalom, Pamelasv.

Why would it be otherwise? His Kingdom is not here, yet!

Luke 22:13-22

13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

KJV

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

KJV

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

KJV

His Kingdom is not here, yet! It won’t be back until the KING HIMSELF comes back!

Oops. I accidentally liked this post.

Shalom, Pamelasv.

'But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you. ' Matthew12:28.
'Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. ' Matthew 6:10
'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven IS AT HAND.' Matthew 3:2 (Said John the baptist as he was preparing the way for Jesus.)

Sorry, but these verses are yanked out of context, and “AT HAND” means “WITHIN YOUR GRASP," NOT “IN HAND!” And, the Kingdom WAS within their grasp ... WHILE THE KING WAS PRESENT!

Matthew 12:28 is often misread because of the same problem you’re having, a belief that the Kingdom was established already by the King; however, the Kingdom was NOT given to that generation because they rejected their King! Furthermore, the King took the offer of the Kingdom with Him when He left this earth, and it won’t be offered again until the King returns! Furthermore, He is talking to the P’rushiym (Pharisees) in this statement!

Matthew 12:24-28
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you (plural).
KJV

Think about it: What did the disciples ask just before His ascension?

Acts 1:6

KJV

Didn’t they ask this AFTER Matthew 12:28? I.e., the Kingdom was NOT yet established. And, the Lord Yeshua` the Messiah did NOT correct them! Instead, He just said, “It’s not for you to know when it will happen!"

And, COME ON! Don’t you ever check the verb tenses?

Kata Maththion (Matthew) 6:10

10 Elthetoo hee basileia sou; geneetheetoo to theleema sou, hoos en ouranoo kai epi gees.

UBS Greek New Testament

These verbs are in the aorist tense, imperative mood! This is why these and many other versions translated it correctly when they say...

Matthew 6:10
10 May your Kingdom come soon. 
May your will be done on earth, 
as it is in heaven. 
Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

10 May your Kingdom come,
 your will be done on earth as in heaven. 
CJB

10 may your kingdom come, 
may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 
(from The NET Bible®, Copyright © 1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C., Dallas, Texas, www.bible.org. All rights reserved. Used by permission.)

Yeshua` wasn’t instructing them to tell God the Kingdom was already here; He was instructing them to ASK God for that Kingdom to come! Furthermore, just as God’s Will - God’s DESIRE - what God WANTS - is not currently being done on the earth (and we are instructed to pray for it to be done), so the Kingdom is not currently here on this earth, yet!

And, again, LOOK AT THE PARABLE THAT YESHUA` TAUGHT:

KJV

Don’t get lost in the parable within the parable; the OUTER parable says that Yeshua` would go away to receive for Himself a Kingdom and then RETURN WITH IT! HE SHALL RETURN AND THEN HE SHALL REIGN!

Shalom, Pamelasv.

Oops. I accidentally liked this post.

That was no accident; God led you to that selection to get your attention.

Shalom, simplejeff.

Yeshua's Kingdom is here,  but not everyone is in it.

Only a few,  as He Himself said.

He also said multitudes would be wrong.

No, brother, Yeshua`s Kingdom is NOT here, yet! NO ONE is “in it!” We may consider ourselves subjects FOR His Kingdom when He returns with it, but He has not yet returned as promised:

KJV

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/4/2015 at 9:05 PM, Pamelasv said:

The tares among the wheat.

My question is, why would the angels mistakenly uproot the wheat with the tares, cannot they do their job adequatly? Or are some of the tares going to become wheat? (Unbelievers into believers). Or something that has to do with immature believers looking like tares.

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

On 7/6/2015 at 4:47 PM, thereselittleflower said:

Well parables are stories to help illustrate a point.  If one tries to take every last piece of a parable and make it means something specific, one can miss the overall point of the illustration.

Forgive me for disagreeing with you, sister Thereselittleflower, but it is imperative to know the meaning of each part of the parable in order to keep the correct concepts in mind. Without this, we can not understand the parables correctly, much less draw all the spiritual depth contained in each one of them.

But I agree with you that we must not lose sight of the Eternal on the parable.

In the case in question, think first of the physical side: how could one pull the tares without stepping on the wheat?

Spiritually, angels are not omniscient. How will they know who is a tares and who is wheat? And even if they knew, tares and wheat are often so attached to one another that the removal of the chaff can hurt the wheat.

Not to mention that the presence of the chaff is necessary so that the wheat can manifest His sincerity:

·         “For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.” (1Corinthians 11.19).

In order for there to be no doubt of how evil the action of Ha-Satan and his demons, as well as perfection, inalterability, and efficacy on the Eternal's plane is, they must have freedom to act.

Finally, may Jesus help us not to go against His plans fighting the wicked. Rather, may His character and virtue in us be greater than all the evil around us.