• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/07/elizabeth-baptist-church-north-carolina-flies-christian-flag-above-american-flag 

'God Is First': NC Church Flies Christian Flag Above Old Glory

070715_ff_churchflag_640.jpg

Jul 07, 2015 // 9:11am 

A North Carolina church has sparked a debate with its decision to fly the Christian flag above Old Glory.

Elizabeth Baptist Church in Shelby, N.C., held a flag raising ceremony Sunday to hoist the Christian flag above the stars and stripes.

Rit Varriale, pastor of Elizabeth Baptist Church, was on “Fox and Friends” this morning to explain his church’s decision.

“God is first,” he said, adding that American culture has been pushing back against traditional Christian values for quite some time.

Varriale said that he’s a veteran who loves his country. He explained that he was willing to serve so that Americans could have the freedom to burn, spit and walk on the American flag, but also so that people would have the right to express their religious beliefs.

“I’m incredibly patriotic,” he said. “At the same time, I’m a Christian.”

What do you think of the church’s decision to fly the Christian flag above the American flag?

Sound off below.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

The U.S. is not a Christian Nation

So, is the United States a Christian nation? No. Not in its philosophy, or in what it loves, or in what it does. Despite its Judeo-Christian roots and heritage, and the beliefs of some of its founders, the United States today is a nation that follows other gods, and lives a lifestyle that is not compatible with Christianity.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-nation.html#ixzz3fES5oBLH

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/07/elizabeth-baptist-church-north-carolina-flies-christian-flag-above-american-flag

'God Is First': NC Church Flies Christian Flag Above Old Glory

070715_ff_churchflag_640.jpg

Jul 07, 2015 // 9:11am 

A North Carolina church has sparked a debate with its decision to fly the Christian flag above Old Glory.

Elizabeth Baptist Church in Shelby, N.C., held a flag raising ceremony Sunday to hoist the Christian flag above the stars and stripes.

Rit Varriale, pastor of Elizabeth Baptist Church, was on “Fox and Friends” this morning to explain his church’s decision.

“God is first,” he said, adding that American culture has been pushing back against traditional Christian values for quite some time.

Varriale said that he’s a veteran who loves his country. He explained that he was willing to serve so that Americans could have the freedom to burn, spit and walk on the American flag, but also so that people would have the right to express their religious beliefs.

“I’m incredibly patriotic,” he said. “At the same time, I’m a Christian.”

What do you think of the church’s decision to fly the Christian flag above the American flag?

Sound off below.

I think this is what the liberals fear most.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

No flag should fly above Old Glory.  Since there IS no Christian flag I'm just not getting it.  God doesn't need a banner to represent Him and He sure never sanctioned a flag, of any kind. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

No flag should fly above Old Glory.  Since there IS no Christian flag I'm just not getting it.  God doesn't need a banner to represent Him and He sure never sanctioned a flag, of any kind. 

I think the message being conveyed regards who we hold our allegiance to first and foremost.   The act proclaims we owe our allegiance to God before any secular power.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

In "God and Country," God does come first, and any NGO should have the right to display that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

I like it. He sent a message across the bow.

I think the message being conveyed regards who we hold our allegiance to first and foremost.   The act proclaims we owe our allegiance to God before any secular power.

I agree that God comes first but....He HAS no flag.  Whatever banner that is in the photo doesn't represent Him OR the fact that He is first. 

In "God and Country," God does come first, and any NGO should have the right to display that.

Of course they have the right to hoist that flag, whatever it is, above the American flag.  I just don't believe it's right; or relevant. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,320
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I would have to check, but it seems like that isn't supposed to happen. I don't know if it is legal or just against protocol. People don't seem to be concerned about the law these days...