angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Does the Book of Enoch glorify the Father GOD , His son , Lord Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit?  if not....then I don't think it's from GOD. 

maybe you should read it and see for yourself.........    not many people actually believe things they hear around here...

it's really kind of complicated......    there are three books of Enoch....   book one is of Ethiopian Bible origins, and Book 2 from Slavonic origins....   book three from Jewish Rabbi's.

book two and three have a touch of mysticism throughout them and one must put a lot of thought into what to take from them.

Enoch one is a different story and was around during the time of Jesus when he was here in the flesh....  I guess it is the only one of the three that I personally use for information.      The three are totally distinct books that cover the same person......

It is the detail of Enoch 1 that gives great detail of the things that happened prior to the flood that I think is important for us to know about..  It doesn't have a lot of the mysticism in it and it is the one that is being quoted by the Bible as well as I can tell.   It is also quoted by many of the first century church fathers.

I don't know who wrote it, but the knowledge within it was talked about in old testament times so I personally think it's important to understand.

Jesus told us that toward the end things would be just as they were before the flood.....    it is open for opinion for opinion just how far things would be like pre-flood days.

For the time I have bee around here, the largest discussions I have seen are concerning the "sons of God" in genesis chapter six and whether or not they were angels.    Enoch 1 gives a great detail of those verses....     it is much more, but that is the biggest thing I have seen discussed.

Switch to total personal opinion mode......    I really think the book was suppressed because it was only meant for end time consumption...     While I am not by myself in that opinion, I don't know of any real way to prove it so am open to just about any of the other opinions......   they are just not for me.         Personal experiences and friends that I have put me in a position to approve of Enoch 1 for anyone to read.......     the most prevalent overall message I get from it is that time is short and we need to spread the gospel as quickly as possible before it's too late......     and just how much things have and are becoming as they were in the days of Noah.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

it's really kind of complicated......    there are three books of Enoch....   book one is of Ethiopian Bible origins, and Book 2 from Slavonic origins....   book three from Jewish Rabbi's.

book two and three have a touch of mysticism throughout them and one must put a lot of thought into what to take from them.

Enoch one is a different story and was around during the time of Jesus when he was here in the flesh....  I guess it is the only one of the three that I personally use for information.      The three are totally distinct books that cover the same person......

It is the detail of Enoch 1 that gives great detail of the things that happened prior to the flood that I think is important for us to know about..  It doesn't have a lot of the mysticism in it and it is the one that is being quoted by the Bible as well as I can tell.   It is also quoted by many of the first century church fathers.

I don't know who wrote it, but the knowledge within it was talked about in old testament times so I personally think it's important to understand.

Jesus told us that toward the end things would be just as they were before the flood.....    it is open for opinion for opinion just how far things would be like pre-flood days.

For the time I have bee around here, the largest discussions I have seen are concerning the "sons of God" in genesis chapter six and whether or not they were angels.    Enoch 1 gives a great detail of those verses....     it is much more, but that is the biggest thing I have seen discussed.

Switch to total personal opinion mode......    I really think the book was suppressed because it was only meant for end time consumption...     While I am not by myself in that opinion, I don't know of any real way to prove it so am open to just about any of the other opinions......   they are just not for me.         Personal experiences and friends that I have put me in a position to approve of Enoch 1 for anyone to read.......     the most prevalent overall message I get from it is that time is short and we need to spread the gospel as quickly as possible before it's too late......     and just how much things have and are becoming as they were in the days of Noah.

Amen ..That is what I believe is the most important part of the book ..to spread the gospel and to understand the days we're living in...for the time is short and the days of Noah are here...

You can download it from the Internet for free. I have 2 kindle copies.  I could loan you the book for 2 weeks if you live in the US.

Thanks oo! Very kind of you to offer. I'm deciding again not to look at it. :-)

that's your choice and it's OK with me.....   it's not a salvation issue at all, just might make the future make a little more sense, but it will come whether or not we know what's coming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

The holy bible speaks about "the sons of god" marrying women and producing children, and these children became "mighty men which were of old, men of renown" (Gen 6).  These men of renown (their children) went down into history, they are from old, the old world before the flood.  So what gen 6 tells us is that there was an angel - man interaction producing children who would become well known, and all of these would be destroyed in the flood.

The book of Enoch tells us exactly how many angels went into the children of man, and there were 200 of them.  It also gives their names.  So it does not add anything that has not been said, but gives more details not mentioned in Gen 6.

Many who do not believe that the sons of god were fallen angels would not accept the book of Enoch. 

I did not need the book of Enoch, nor had ever heard of it when I read Gen 6 many many years ago, and could already understand that there was and interaction between angels and man producing children, who were destroyed in the flood.

For those who do understand who these sons of god were, are given more clarity.  A fallen angel is from heaven, and for them to produce children, the children would have to be half spirit, half human.  So what we have here are children with super powers.  These children have never been to heaven for they were born here on earth.  They are not the same as the fallen angels, but a breed of them.  They were not created by God, but DNA was mingled with man's seed producing a larger type of human, with incredible strength, making them stand out from men to be feared.  It's highly possible that all the legends of the false gods started here - "Men of renown" - "men of old" (times/before the flood).  These were intelligent breeds used to corrupt man showing them all sorts of things, like how to take metals for the earth and use them for making weapons etc.  These are not true gods, but in the eyes of man would of been seen as a god because of their abilities. 

Now when the flood came, these children of the fallen angels were all destroyed,...but because they are half human, half flesh, their spirit's live until today.  These are called "evil spirits" and are the worst type.  They are lower than angels because of their interbreeding, and are bound here.  Their parents, the 200 angels that fathered them, are locked up today in a spiritual prison and cannot have any communication with man.  These are the spirits that Jesus went and preached to after his resurrection.

So what we have here on earth today are one third of the angels that were fallen and kicked out of heaven after Jesus rose from the dead. (These are separate from the 200 angels locked up.), and we have the offspring of the 200 angels still here with us today, but they are invisible, damned, lonely, and extremely evil.  They are used by the fallen angels to do their dirty work.  These are familiar spirits, ...the ones that cause all the accidents, the ones that possess people, the ones who have no fear of God.  They know they are damned, so they have nothing to lose and are controlled by the fallen angels here today.  They are the evil spirits, and are very stubborn.  These are the ones that do not come out of man except by prayer and fasting.  There are so many of them, and God is in control, for he has allowed them to be here until the time comes when he will destroy them.

So, if we can't get past this interbreeding with angels and humans, the book of Enoch will be a turn off.  The first thing you will read is about those 200 fallen angels, then you will cast the book aside saying it is false.....but...if you keep reading you will discover that so much of what was recorded in the old and new testaments was already declared in the old world, prophesying exactly what will be recorded in the Old and New testaments, and it will match up 100% only the symbolisms will be different.

The book of Enoch is not a book to start off from.  The holy scriptures will give us all the food we need, and this is the book I love the most.  Once you understand all the prophesies from the holy scriptures, only then can you compare, otherwise you will be groping in the dark with the book of Enoch and will probably damn it because of lack of knowledge, and this is why God did not include it with the holy scriptures, because it's a little treasure to be found once all the other treasures are found first.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/30/2015 at 8:41 PM, MorningGlory said:

I have never read the Book of Enoch either.  There never seemed to be a reason to do that. 

I agree with you, MorningGlory.

Many times I get curious about certain things we read in the Holy Scripture.

However, we must be careful not to go beyond what the Eternal wants to reveal to us.

Not all truth is beneficial. It is enough to think that our mind is quite limited and the grace (1 Peter 4.10), wisdom (Ephesians 3.10) and love of the Eternal (Ephesians 3:19) are infinite, beyond all understanding. Indeed, even if we were to gather all the minds in the universe, it would still be impossible to know everything about the Eternal, how exalted and wonderful is His wisdom.

Therefore, what we all need to know is what concerns the covenant that the Eternal wants to establish with us. And this we can only discover through prayer, since it is a secret:

• ·        “The secret of the LORD [ is ] with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.” (Psalm 25:14).

Only by knowing what the Eternal wants to reveal to the whole universe through us is that we can have access to exactly what we need to know. Otherwise, we will fill our minds with a knowledge that, even though it is true, will have no use for us, or for those we love and who are around us. After all, what matters is not what we want to learn from God or to manifest Him to people, but what He, as our only Lord and Savior, wants everyone to know from Him through us, according to what He created for us.

That is why I say that studying apocryphal books is a high spiritual danger. In the first place:

• ·        “Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.” (1Corinthians 8.1).

Secondly, there is so much good and precious thing to discover in Holy Scripture that I, honestly, do not know how you can find the time to read another type of literature. I'm not saying this is wrong. But I, particularly, the more I read the Holy Scripture, the more I feel how insignificant I am and how much I still need to learn, so that I wanted to stay for 24 hours just by praying and reading the Holy Scripture (without even Eating, drinking or sleeping).

Thirdly, when we read the Apocrypha, we make the same mistake as Eve: wanting to know what we did not need, as if the Eternal was hiding something good from us. Remember that this is exactly what Ha-Satan suggested to Eve (Genesis 3.5). This means that even if everything written in the apocryphal books was strictly correct, it is still useless knowledge, since it is no basis for anything in our life.

What it is for us to know Jesus will reveal through His Spirit through the Holy Scripture:

• ·        I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [ that ] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [ it ] unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [ it ] unto you.” (John 16: 12-15).

No revelation of Christ will ever come to us that is not strictly endorsed ONLY in the Holy Scripture.

Believe me, if it is for you to know anything, you can go to Jesus who will show you in the Holy Scripture what you need to know. I know there are things that are not easy to explain, but if we do not give up praying and remaining in the Holy Scripture, all the mysteries of the Eternal that we need to know will be revealed to us.

Many times we are tempted to get out of the Holy Scripture to find an explanation for something. But that is precisely where so many heresies and divisions arise in the Church of Christ (and I know that you, as Jesus' beloved daughter, do not want this).

What Jesus has not yet revealed to us is because, or we cannot yet endure this revelation, or else it is not for us to know:

• ·        “And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.” (Acts 1: 7).

In this case, we have to be humble and believe that He really is good and wants what is best for us:

• ·        “Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul [ is ] even as a weaned child. Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever.” (Psalm 131);
  • ·        “And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.” (Luke 16:15).

After all, to whom more is given, the more he is charged:

• ·        “And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [ himself ], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [ stripes ]. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [ stripes ]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more” (Luke 12.47,48).

That is why we have to seek to know according to the measure of our faith:

• ·        “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [ of himself ] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” (Romans 12.3).

After all:

• ·        “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” (1Corinthians 10.13).

Let us leave things covered up to our God and commit ourselves to those that have already been revealed to us:

• ·         “The secret [ things belong ] unto the LORD our God: but those [ things which are ] revealed [ belong ] unto us and to our children for ever, that [ we ] may do all the words of this law.” (Deuteronomy 29:29).

The more we are faithful to what we have already achieved, the more we will be given (Luke 16:10, Matthew 13: 10-12, Luke 19: 24-26).

Finally, I admire your determination to discover the truth and pray to the Eternal that I, you and all the members of the forum, will increasingly have this need to peer into the mysteries of the Eternal and His kingdom, but without ever passing over His Holy Spirit or go beyond the Holy Scripture.

To conclude, the book "The testaments of the 12 patriarchs" (as well as the other apocryphal books) was not included in the sacred canon because it was not inspired by the Eternal. Otherwise, since the truth of the Eternal subsists forever (Psalm 117: 2), He would not have allowed man, in his weakness, to leave this book out when the bible was formed.

Believe that no one has the power to hide the truth from whoever wants it. After all:

• ·        “For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” (Romans 10.11).

• ·        “But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1John 2.27).
  • “Yea, before the day [ was ] I [ am ] he; and [ there is ] none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?” (Isaiah 43.13)
  • “I know that thou canst do every [ thing ], and [ that ] no thought can be withholden from thee.” (Job 42.2).

May Jesus anoint us more and more with grace, wisdom, humility, knowledge and love, and may we each day allow Jesus to teach us in His Word exactly what He wants to teach us so that we find rest for our Souls (Matthew 11.28,29, John 6, 44, Ephesians 4: 20,21, 1 John 2:27) and stand firm in Him (and not in unknown sources).

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/30/2015 at 5:52 PM, angels4u said:

Did anybody read or seen the video of Enoch? 

I know it is not in the Bible ..if anybody read it before please let me know what you think of it as I,m debating to watch the video online...

From what I heard and seen  so far..it is interesting ..

I've read some of the Apocrypha. It's available online also. The Book of Enoch and the other texts here: The Apocrypha Index

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've read 2 of them. But I've been a Christian over 30 yrs and I've been reading the Bible that long. I don't advise the books of Enoch for any new Christians. I think some statements I read were false because they contradicted the Bible. Others agreed with the Bible. I read them to see if they would agree or not and since they do both that's why they are not for new Christians. I also looked at them the way I watch Star Trek. I hope it's true or can become true someday. But it's clearly fiction.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Enoch is 7th from Adam.  He was Noah's great great grandfather, and a man chosen from God to witness to the old world before the flood. 

Many think that they had no word from God back in those days, but God made himself known even to them.  Enoch's writings have been preserved until today, passed down to Noah who past down to his sons, and so forth.

XXXIII.

God shows Enoch the age of this world, its existence of seven thousand years, and the eighth thousand is the end, neither years, nor months, nor weeks, nor days.

AND I appointed the eighth day also, that the eighth day should be the first-created after my work, and that the first seven revolve in the form of the seventh thousand, and that at the beginning of the eighth thousand there should be a time of not-counting, endless, with neither years nor months nor weeks nor days nor hours.

2 And now, Enoch, all that I have told thee, all that thou hast understood, all that thou hast seen of heavenly things, all that thou hast seen on earth, and all that I have written in books by my great wisdom, all these things I have devised and created from the uppermost foundation to the lower and to the end, and there is no counsellor nor inheritor to my creations.

3 I am self-eternal, not made with hands, and without change.

4 My thought is my counsellor, my wisdom and my word are made, and my eyes observe all things how they stand here and tremble with terror.

5 If I turn away my face, then all things will be destroyed.

6 And apply thy mind, Enoch, and know him who is speaking to thee, and take thou the books which thou thyself hast written.

p. 94

7 And I give thee Samuil and Raguil, who led thee up, and the books, and go down to earth, and tell thy sons all that I have told thee, and all that thou hast seen, from the lower heaven up to my throne, and all the troops.

8 For I created all forces, and there is none that resisteth me or that does not subject himself to me. For all subject themselves to my monarchy, and labour for my sole rule.

9 Give them the books of the handwriting, and they will read them and will know me for the creator of all things, and will understand how there is no other God but me.

10 And let them distribute the books of thy handwriting--children to children, generation to generation, nations to nations.

11 And I will give thee, Enoch, my intercessor, the archistratege Michael, for the handwritings of thy fathers Adam, Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahaleleel, and Jared thy father.