IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If your faith is truly on God then there's no response for that piece of metal on your door. 

Now, in reality your right locking your door is common sense. It's a easy simple tool to help keep you safe. But that same logic can be applied to guns. You can say that if you don't own a gun that your testing God.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't believe that to be true, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your argument is. There is no scriptural argument against owning a firearm-period. At all. Zip. And using a firearm for self defense or defense of another is indeed biblical. In fact there's more scriptural evidence for owning a weapon-then a lock on your door.

So if you don't want one, that's fine. I respect that. But don't question my faith because I do.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,248
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If your faith is truly on God then there's no response for that piece of metal on your door. 

Now, in reality your right locking your door is common sense. It's a easy simple tool to help keep you safe. But that same logic can be applied to guns. You can say that if you don't own a gun that your testing God.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't believe that to be true, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your argument is. There is no scriptural argument against owning a firearm-period. At all. Zip. And using a firearm for self defense or defense of another is indeed biblical. In fact there's more scriptural evidence for owning a weapon-then a lock on your door.

So if you don't want one, that's fine. I respect that. But don't question my faith because I do.

When reasoning skills become this poor: because I do not wish to use carnal weapons against another I also shouldn't have locks on my door ... really this should be a shame for you to have even written this!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

have really destroyed my respect for several people here....   anyone who would not defend thier families isn't; worth knowing...  no different using your hands, a bat, a knife or a gun.     all can kill and do.....

Isn't worth knowing?That is a strong statement coming from a Christian.It sounds to me that guns are very important to you.

the quote on my phone is doing really strange things

have really destroyed my respect for several people here....   anyone who would not defend thier families isn't; worth knowing...  no different using your hands, a bat, a knife or a gun.     all can kill and do.....

Isn't worth knowing?That is a strong statement coming from a Christian.It sounds to me that guns are very important to you.

quot on my cell phone is teally

Isn't worth knowing?That is a strong statement coming from a Christian.It sounds to me that guns are very importprnt to you.

p

Isn't worth knowing?That is a strong statement coming from a Christian.It sounds to me

Keep in mind that when Jesus sent the first disciples out he told them not to take any money or even an extra coat or a weapon .  they didn't have anything to be stolen so they didn't have to worry about people robbing them. The second time that he sent them out he told them to take money and even an extra coat and that they should also take a sword with them. It seems to me that Jesus told them to arm themselves so they could have protection when they carry something worth stealing. I think we should follow suit and carry weapons today that would be a firearm. For me that would be handgun.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

I'm done here. This does not glorify God nor edify one another, IN MY OPINION. (which doesn't count anyway).

Love all of you in Christ!

I'm done here. This does not glorify God nor edify one another, IN MY OPINION. (which doesn't count anyway).

Love all of you in Christ!

your right, perhaps its time we all took a break from it to cool down.

When reasoning skills become this poor: because I do not wish to use carnal weapons against another I also shouldn't have locks on my door ... really this should be a shame for you to have even written this!

if you ddont want to use carnal weapons against your brother is your choice, I'm not saying your wrong for not owning a weapon. Where I take issue is where you suggest my heart isn't right with God because I do. It is allowed, and just because I own one doesn't mean I lack faith. Nor does it mean I want to use one against another human being, I don't. There is a difference between want, and being willing to do so.

I own multiple weapons. I fire hundreds of rounds through them every year. But they have not once, ever, even been remotely been pointed at another human being, nor do I plan to. But on the same note, I firmly believe God has allowed me these weapons for a reason, and self defense is allowed biblically. So please, if you don't want to carry or own a gun fine. But don't judge the faith of those who do, its nowhere near biblical, nor Christlike, to do so.

Pat I gave you the answer from the many angles within myself... what you are really doing is to try to force me into the
pathway you have chosen for yourself to verify your rightness! I do not presume upon tomorrow nor do I live an ethereal
walk with God preplanned so that I am in charge at all times!~! I stated to you my life would be readily given for theirs but
I would not use weapon of this world
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing
into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

KJV
this is where I would be found if the situation occurred and what would become of it all -God Knows :)   Love, Steven

first quote below

Second quote below

no you didn't. Well, you did, you basically, said, in not so many words, that you would just turn a blind eye and allow that woman to be killed. Hmmm. Guess you love the murderer more then the victim. Thats what your actions would say. I guess if your conscience coudld live with that, so be it, but mine could not. You can't take one verse, and base your entire view on the subject off of it, the preservation of life, is a repeated theme throughout the Bible.
it would be better to quote me rather  than to accuse me of things I did not write! I guess though because you could not quote me anywhere with these accusations you had to frabricate what you think was said...

As far as the argument about Jesus not freeing the slaves, let me bring up 2 very important points. One, ive already brought up but I guess it needs repeating, as no one here seems to want to actually read, Jesus DID NOT COME as a king, to fight earthly battles, Jesus came as a sacrificial lamb, He could not be that sacrificial lamb to save the world-if He was overthrowing empires.

Second point, what DID Jesus do, if He came upon a situation where lives were at stake? like the woman found in adultery? wait for it, yes, He INTERVENED. He stepped in. He didn't use violence, but neither did He allow that woman to be killed. Lets bring up another example, Jesus, used a whip to physically chase the money changers out of the temple. Thats right, Jesus, used violence, to do what was right. He also, told His disciples to sell their lcoaks and buy real, physical, swords. Throws the entire "Jesus was a pacifist" argument right out the window, shows that whole theory for what it is-false, and entirely, unbiblical.

And again, the NT speaks mainly, about the spiritual side of things-but when it comes to the aspect of our physical life on earth, including self defense, it does speak to that, but so does the old testament-which is still relevant today. If you ignore the Old Testament teachings, your are ignoring the very word of God, He made it clear multiple times in the NT (romans and timothy for starters) that the Old Testament is still to be used to define what is sin, what is NOT sin, and for teaching and sound doctrine, and the Old Testament lays it out in black and white when it is-and it is not ok, to use violence.

Now, if you don't want to own a gun, thats fine. You don't have to. but not doing anything to  protect your family, or an innocent person on the street, "in the name of Jesus" isn't Biblical, it isn't loving, and I dont want to come across as rude, but its nothing more then cowardice. And if your going to say that if your willing to use violence to protect your family that your hearts not right with God, well thats flat out judgemental, for one, and clearly, not Biblical, for second. You can't say that. You don't know where my hearts at, but I do know what the Bible says.
By not dividing the Scripture properly as God has from OT / NT:

Eph 3:1-9
3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the
dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to youward: 3 How that by revelation he
made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read,
ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not
made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets
by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers
of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift  
of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am
less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles
the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the
mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things
by Jesus Christ:

KJV
until you can reason this main division from OT to NT according to God your understanding of God's Word will be skewed and we cannot reason together...

Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that statement really has nothing to do with guns peep.....    reading through a lot of  these posts, it seems that people would just set around while thier families were harmed.....   expecting God to protect them and if he didn't then that's ok for he is in charge.....

you may feel that way yourself, but I don't hang with people who would do that........    call me a bad christian if you wish, but I would die before someone hurt my family....     a gun handy or not...    all a gun is, is a tool to equalize my 68 years old handicapped body with young hoodlums.

Are guns important to me......   hard to say, I have had them since I was seven and I haven't killed anyone yet....   but I did kill a dog that was trying to eat my leg years ago......    and several times I did not have to confront hoodlums by simply raising my shirt tail.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

That is your choice.Carry a weapon.My choice is to have faith in God to protect my son and myself.I have been working on faith and having total trust in God now for awhile.Asking him to increase my faith each and every day.Guess what?That is exactly what He is doing. :)

It would seem the best of common sense to trust One Who knows by sight everything that will ever be rather than myself who cannot even peer into the next moment that is to come!  Love, Steven