Meeting Famous Figures in the Afterlife

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Understanding the trinity may help here. And this isn’t to offend, but to explain my belief system from my personal bible study.

I wont copy a lot of scripture here but I will give the verse or chapter reference for anyone wanting to read why I believe as I do. God is a tripartite being, meaning He has 3 essences. We know these as The Father (soul), The Son (body), and The Holy Spirit (spirit). These 3 essences are within a singular being, the Creator, God Almighty. What most don’t realize is, The Son essence of God, is His physical presence, when God took a physical form in the Old Testament, and he did numerous times. That physical form was Jesus Christ. In Genesis Chapter 1 verse 3, God said let there be light. This was not the sun, or the moon, or any other star we see when we look to the skies, they were created on the 4th day. No this was another light. God took His physical form, and finished creation. This is what is meant when scripture refers to Jesus being the creator of all things. Also, What did Jesus tell everyone, “ I am the light, the way“. When He says this, He is referring to The Light mentioned in Genesis. God took His own physical essence and placed it into the womb of Mary to be born as a man without a sin nature. He sacrificed Himself for us all. allah holds no such claim. allah demands his followers to die for him, allah died for no one.

In verses 26 and 27 of Genesis, God says

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

Man was made in the image of God, meaning we are created as a tripartite being, having a body, soul and spirit, like our father. 

And again, not to purposely offend, allah isn’t in the picture here. allah is not the same god as the Father. I am afraid many bible translation, have removed the deity aspect of Christ from scripture. This confuses many, as was it’s intent. There are other topics on this, but I recommend everyone get a authorized version, such as the KJV. 

I'd like to meet any of the founding fathers of the U.S.A. also.
Edited by Rev2015

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I stand firm in my belief that God the Father and Allah are the same God, but their followers see different sides of Him based on their beliefs of His nature.  One of the things I find unacceptable about the Muslim faith is that they call Jesus a slave.  At least they are taught that Jesus was righteous (Sura 3:46).

:sherlock:

Beloved, The Same God?

Sufi mystics see their God as the Beloved.

Also, this site lists the 99 Names of Allah, including Al-Wadūd, The One who Loves: 

On the above site, an author agrees with me there: “To your surprise an English Author David Bentley who is a Christian was so inspired by these beautiful names of God that he has written a book called ‘The Beautiful Names of God’ which is a very inspiring book for Muslims, Christians and Jews as they all call upon the same GOD (Allah in Arabic, Elohim in Hebrew and Theós in Greek).”

Muslims and Christians DO NOT worship the same god. Islam is based on a false gospel. The consequences of preaching a false gospel are laid out in Galatians 1. Mohammed was a false prophet by any Biblical standard.

Also we are warned about those who preach a false version of Christ. The entire point of Christianity is believing that Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for our sins. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, nor that he died on the cross. This is blasphemy. The Bible warns us of this 500 hundred years before the false prophet Mohammed was even born.

As for Allah being another name for God, well think again. This is one of the most prolific and widespread of all Satanic lies. Allah was the name of a Pagan Moon deity that was worshiped by Mohammed's tribe. Allah is also referred to in the Q'uran as the 'great deceiver'. God does not deceive but the 'father of lies' does.

As for this man David Bentley, I've never heard of him, but he has obviously been deceived. I would not recommend this blasphemous book to any Jew or Christian.

There are many Christian authors and writers who would disagree with David Bentley.

Edited by Steve_S
Removed linked islamic site in quote.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

"No, I consider myself a Christian mystic (as in knowing God, and He reveals Himself to me and communicates with me directly)."

"Well, I did get a bit mixed up during some things that happened to me during my return to God, but I was raised Christian, believe Christ is the Son of God, and confessed with my mouth that "Jesus is Lord" again when I returned to ensure that I was saved.  I just got bit overly obsessed with God the Father and was a bit unsure how to handle Christ as the Gatekeeper as that relates to mysticism when it comes to faith--how to ensure that I was making Him my Rock instead of becoming overly dependent on God, the Father.  I believe Muslims and Christians believe in the same God, but we may not go to the same place in the afterlife."

I am not trying to corner you but if God speaks to you directly, then how can you be unsure?

Edited by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

I stand firm in my belief that God the Father and Allah are the same God, but their followers see different sides of Him based on their beliefs of His nature.  One of the things I find unacceptable about the Muslim faith is that they call Jesus a slave.  At least they are taught that Jesus was righteous (Sura 3:46).

:sherlock:

Beloved, The Same God?

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17

Surely

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

They

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Jest

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Or Perhaps Not

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? Revelation 6:14-17

Sufi mystics see their God as the Beloved.

Also, this site lists the 99 Names of Allah, including Al-Wadūd, The One who Loves:

------

On the above site, an author agrees with me there: “To your surprise an English Author David Bentley who is a Christian was so inspired by these beautiful names of God that he has written a book called ‘The Beautiful Names of God’ which is a very inspiring book for Muslims, Christians and Jews as they all call upon the same GOD (Allah in Arabic, Elohim in Hebrew and Theós in Greek).”

Muslims and Christians DO NOT worship the same god. Islam is based on a false gospel. The consequences of preaching a false gospel are laid out in Galatians 1. Mohammed was a false prophet by any Biblical standard.

Also we are warned about those who preach a false version of Christ.

The entire point of Christianity is believing that Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for our sins. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, nor that he died on the cross. This is blasphemy. The Bible warns us of this 500 hundred years before the false prophet Mohammed was even born.

As for Allah being another name for God, well think again. This is one of the most prolific and widespread of all Satanic lies. Allah was the name of a Pagan Moon deity that was worshiped by Mohammed's tribe. Allah is also referred to in the Q'uran as the 'great deceiver'. God does not deceive but the 'father of lies' does.

~

Beloved I Am Not Surprised When A Man Who Calls Himself

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

A Christian Does Not Know Who God Is

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

And Blasphemes HIS

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:9-12

Holy Name

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:5-11

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

I believe Muslims and Christians believe in the same God, but we may not go to the same place in the afterlife.

This may be slightly off topic, but could be relevant. The only way we can establish this is by comparing the Bible with the Koran, and when you do so carefully, you discover that the God of the Bible is NOT the Allah of the Koran.  Proof?

1. Yahweh Elohim makes Isaac the son of promise.  Allah makes Ishmael the son of promise.

2. Yahweh Elohim blesses Christians and Jews.  Allah curses Christian and Jews.

3. Yahweh Elohim offers salvation by grace through faith, and not of works.  Allah offers Paradise through good works as well the the destruction of infidels.

4. Yahweh Elohim comes to earth as Jesus.  Allah calls Jesus another prophet and elevates Mohammad above Him.

Also we are warned about those who preach a false version of Christ. The entire point of Christianity is believing that Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for our sins. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, nor that he died on the cross. This is blasphemy. The Bible warns us of this 500 hundred years before the false prophet Mohammed was even born.

As for this man David Bentley, I've never heard of him, but he has obviously been deceived. I would not recommend this blasphemous book to any Jew or Christian.

There are many Christian authors and writers who would disagree with David Bentley.

Good points.  Mohammed himself did not know if he would or would not be saved, but I believe He actually did receive prophecy.  

Yes, I stopped examining much of Islam when I realized that they call Christ a slave.  This was offensive and not healthy for me.

I don’t consider it blasphemy (for them) but in conflict with Christianity.

I’ve read a little about the Pagan Moon deity philosophy but don’t agree with it.  I took a Muslim survey course for Christians, which is where I got the majority of my ideas about Islam.  I don’t really want to address the point about “Allah being the greatest of deceivers,” since I wouldn’t consider myself their apologist.  I still believe we worship the same God.

ethrayn-

You say you stand firm on your belief that allah and the God of the Bible are the same.  Wrong - this belief has no basis in fact.  Mysticism  is a very dangerous practice , it is faulty & deceptive. Mystics believe what they hear in their own mind and what they are "fed" by unholy spiritual beings. 

Mysticism can be dangerous, true. 

"No, I consider myself a Christian mystic (as in knowing God, and He reveals Himself to me and communicates with me directly)."

"Well, I did get a bit mixed up during some things that happened to me during my return to God, but I was raised Christian, believe Christ is the Son of God, and confessed with my mouth that "Jesus is Lord" again when I returned to ensure that I was saved.  I just got bit overly obsessed with God the Father and was a bit unsure how to handle Christ as the Gatekeeper as that relates to mysticism when it comes to faith--how to ensure that I was making Him my Rock instead of becoming overly dependent on God, the Father.  I believe Muslims and Christians believe in the same God, but we may not go to the same place in the afterlife."

I am not trying to corner you but if God speaks to you directly, then how can you be unsure?

Because I am not given all of the answers, and I got really messed up after some of the experiences I endured, and some work had to be done behind the scenes with me and my God (the Trinity) to fix me.

Okay, I could barely talk when I wrote the following—this is why my speech is so broken up here, but Christ is the one who brought this to my mind: “Abrahamic religions.”  I don’t want to mislead anyone at this forum, though, so please continue to trust the Holy Spirit’s guidance for yourselves and your own reasoning and religious instructions that you know and believe in, since I am a little odd:

Abrahamic religions (which I consider to be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam).  And Islam is a branch off of Abraham’s son, Ishmael.