• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

********shakes head and stomps the dust off his feet*****

Been in this conversation way way too many times here to get involved...

May be.. but i am new here.. so i am started this one.. sorry if i troubled you.. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The KJV only movement is not Biblical.

oh i think you misunderstood... KJV is best .. this is very fact.. which is not diverted from Hebrew and Greek meanings. if we go to other translations,, we can see it is simplified and meaning is diverted,.,. i can prove many verses in that way.. please check the meanings from other translations in one time. please don't fix with one or two new translations,. please try to compare the meaning and try to compare the Hebrew and Greek words ...I did it very carefully and found some better meanings in KJV. KJV is with few words which were hard to understand.. but it is not diverted from main truth

There are several translations are good as well.I can not say that KJV is best.

Question: "What is the KJV Only movement? Is the King James Version the only Bible we should use?"

Answer: 
Many people have strong and serious objections to the translation methods and textual basis for the new translations and therefore take a strong stance in favor of the King James Version. Others are equally convinced that the newer translations are an improvement over the KJV in their textual basis and translation methodology. GotQuestions.org does not want to limit its ministry to those of the "KJV Only" persuasion. Nor do we want to limit ourselves to those who prefer the NIV, NAS, NKJV, etc. Note - the purpose of this article is not to argue against the use of the King James Version. Rather, the focus of this article is to contend with the idea that the King James Version is the only Bible English speakers should use.

The KJV Only movement claims its loyalty to be to the Textus Receptus, a Greek New Testament manuscript compilation completed in the 1500s. To varying degrees, KJV Only advocates argue that God guided Erasmus (the compiler of the Textus Receptus) to come up with a Greek text that is perfectly identical to what was originally written by the biblical authors. However, upon further examination, it can be seen that KJV Only advocates are not loyal to the Textus Receptus, but rather only to the KJV itself. The New Testament of the New King James Version is based on the Textus Receptus, just as the KJV is. Yet, KJV Only advocates label the NKJV just as heretical as they do the NIV, NAS, etc.

Beyond the NKJV, other attempts (such as the KJ21 and MEV) have been made to make minimal updates to the KJV, only "modernizing" the archaic language, while using the exact same Greek and Hebrew manuscripts. These attempts are rejected nearly as strongly as the NKJV and the other newer Bible translations. This proves that KJV Only advocates are loyal to the King James Version itself, not to the Textus Receptus. KJV Only advocates have no desire or plan to update the KJV in any way. The KJV certainly contains English that is outdated, archaic, and sometimes confusing to modern English speakers and readers. It would be fairly simple to publish an updated KJV with the archaic words and phrases updated into modern 21st century English. However, any attempt to edit the KJV in any way results in accusations from KJV Only advocates of heresy and perversion of the Word of God.

When the Bible is translated for the first time into a new language today, it is translated into the language that culture speaks and writes today, not the way they spoke and wrote 400 years ago. The same should be true in English. The Bible was written in the common, ordinary language of the people at that time. Bible translations today should be the same. That is why Bible translations must be updated and revised as languages develop and change. The KJV Only movement is very English-focused in its thinking. Why should people who read English be forced to read the Bible in outdated/archaic English, while people of all other languages can read the Bible in modern/current forms of their languages?

Our loyalties are to the original manuscripts of the Old and New Testaments, written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. Only the original languages are the Word of God as He inspired it. A translation is only an attempt to take what is said in one language and communicate it in another. The modern translations are superb in taking the meaning of the original languages and communicating it in a way that we can understand in English. However, none of the modern translations are perfect. Every one contains verses that are at least somewhat mistranslated. By comparing and contrasting several different translations, it is often easier to get a good grasp on what the verse is saying than by only using one translation. Our loyalty should not be to any one English translation, but to the inspired, inerrant Word of God that is communicated by the Holy Spirit through the translations (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
http://www.gotquestions.org/KJV-only.html

Edited by bopeep1909

The different Bibles that we read should not be something we as Christians should be divided over.We have to give our other brothers and sisters a choice and not tell them they are wrong for not reading the KJV bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

Question: "What is the KJV Only movement? Is the King James Version the only Bible we should use?"

Answer: 
Many people have strong and serious objections to the translation methods and textual basis for the new translations and therefore take a strong stance in favor of the King James Version. Others are equally convinced that the newer translations are an improvement over the KJV in their textual basis and translation methodology. GotQuestions.org does not want to limit its ministry to those of the "KJV Only" persuasion. Nor do we want to limit ourselves to those who prefer the NIV, NAS, NKJV, etc. Note - the purpose of this article is not to argue against the use of the King James Version. Rather, the focus of this article is to contend with the idea that the King James Version is the only Bible English speakers should use.

The KJV Only movement claims its loyalty to be to the Textus Receptus, a Greek New Testament manuscript compilation completed in the 1500s. To varying degrees, KJV Only advocates argue that God guided Erasmus (the compiler of the Textus Receptus) to come up with a Greek text that is perfectly identical to what was originally written by the biblical authors. However, upon further examination, it can be seen that KJV Only advocates are not loyal to the Textus Receptus, but rather only to the KJV itself. The New Testament of the New King James Version is based on the Textus Receptus, just as the KJV is. Yet, KJV Only advocates label the NKJV just as heretical as they do the NIV, NAS, etc.

Beyond the NKJV, other attempts (such as the KJ21 and MEV) have been made to make minimal updates to the KJV, only "modernizing" the archaic language, while using the exact same Greek and Hebrew manuscripts. These attempts are rejected nearly as strongly as the NKJV and the other newer Bible translations. This proves that KJV Only advocates are loyal to the King James Version itself, not to the Textus Receptus. KJV Only advocates have no desire or plan to update the KJV in any way. The KJV certainly contains English that is outdated, archaic, and sometimes confusing to modern English speakers and readers. It would be fairly simple to publish an updated KJV with the archaic words and phrases updated into modern 21st century English. However, any attempt to edit the KJV in any way results in accusations from KJV Only advocates of heresy and perversion of the Word of God.

When the Bible is translated for the first time into a new language today, it is translated into the language that culture speaks and writes today, not the way they spoke and wrote 400 years ago. The same should be true in English. The Bible was written in the common, ordinary language of the people at that time. Bible translations today should be the same. That is why Bible translations must be updated and revised as languages develop and change. The KJV Only movement is very English-focused in its thinking. Why should people who read English be forced to read the Bible in outdated/archaic English, while people of all other languages can read the Bible in modern/current forms of their languages?

Our loyalties are to the original manuscripts of the Old and New Testaments, written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. Only the original languages are the Word of God as He inspired it. A translation is only an attempt to take what is said in one language and communicate it in another. The modern translations are superb in taking the meaning of the original languages and communicating it in a way that we can understand in English. However, none of the modern translations are perfect. Every one contains verses that are at least somewhat mistranslated. By comparing and contrasting several different translations, it is often easier to get a good grasp on what the verse is saying than by only using one translation. Our loyalty should not be to any one English translation, but to the inspired, inerrant Word of God that is communicated by the Holy Spirit through the translations (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
http://www.gotquestions.org/KJV-only.html

I have visited this website and glad to read some good stuff.. in same time..  few topics are written in their own way.. So we need to care to use any website.. thank you 

Got Questions is a very reliable Bible study Christian website.It is Pretrib which some people do not adhere to.The site is an advocate of reading the bible as it is intended in a literal sense.I am very,very fussy who teaches me the word of God and I trust Got Questions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

********shakes head and stomps the dust off his feet*****

Been in this conversation way way too many times here to get involved...

May be.. but i am new here.. so i am started this one.. sorry if i troubled you.. 

I really didn't mean for that to sound so snarkey.....    I am so sorry...

If it doesn't turn into a KJV only debate I might add my 2 cents in later........    but truth be told none of them are perfect.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I have a kjv and my wife has a nkjv , i also use my new niv study bible and i have nlt teen bible i like them all. I use my niv and kjv when i study and i would like to get a strongs or vines dictionary.  I once seen that it shouldn't matter what bible you use, GOD can speak to you through any version.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just for the record I use a Biblesoft program to study.

Included with the CRL

The following content is included in the Complete Reference Library.  indicates a new add-on for Version 5.

Click a category below to jump directly to that category's content listing.

Bibles and Concordances - 23 total

Cross References - 3 total

Commentary Sets - 14 total

Dictionaries and Encyclopedias - 8 total

Word Study Reference Works - 4 total

Greek-Hebrew Resources - 12 total

Theology & History - 15 total

Christian Living / Devotional - 4 total

Pastoral Helps - 12 total

Other Bible Helps - 7 total

Bibles and Concordances (top)

• American Standard Version
  • Bible in Basic English 
  • Darby's Bible 1890
  • Douay–Rheims Bible 
  • English Standard Version
  • Exhaustive Concordances for each Bible Version
  • God's Word Translation
  • King James Version (with Apocrypha)
  • New American Standard Bible
  • New American Standard Bible, Updated Edition
  • New Century Version
  • New International Version
  • New King James Version
  • New Living Translation, 2nd ed.
  • Noah Webster's Bible (1833) 
  • Revised Standard Version
  • The Complete Jewish Bible 
  • The Living Bible
  • The Message
  • The New English Translation 
  • Weymouth (NT in Modern Speech) 
  • World English Bible 
  • Young’s Literal Translation

Cross References (top)
  • Nave’s Topical Bible
  • PCSB Reference Chains 
  • Treasury of Scripture Knowledge

Commentary Sets (top)
  • Adam Clarke’s Commentary – 6 volumes
  • Barnes’ Notes on the OT & NT – 14 volumes
  • Bible Knowledge Commentary, OT & NT – 2 volumes
  • Geneva Notes, commentary on the Geneva Bible by Calvin, Knox, & more!
  • IVP Bible Background Commentary – New Testament
  • Jamieson, Fausset & Brown Commentary – 6 volumes
  • Keil & Delitzsch OT Commentary – 10 volumes
  • Martin Luther's Commentary on Galatians
  • Matthew Henry’s Commentary Unabridged – 6 volumes
  • The Apocalypse: Lectures on Revelation by J.A. Seiss
  • The Biblical Illustrator – 56 volumes
  • The Teacher's Commentary
  • Wiersbe's Bible Exposition Commentary, OT & NT – 4 volumes
  • Wiersbe's Bible Exposition Outlines, OT & NT – 2 volumes

Dictionaries and Encyclopedias (top)
  • Dictionary of Christianity in America
  • Easton’s Bible Dictionary
  • Fausset’s Bible Dictionary
  • Hitchcock’s Bible Names
  • International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) – 5 volumes, Orr, ed.
  • Nelson’s Bible Dictionary
  • Smith's Bible Dictionary
  • Willmington's Bible Handbook

Word Study Reference Works (top)
  • Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic Word Databases 
  • Robertson’s Word Pictures in the NT – 6 volumes
  • Vincent’s Word Studies in the NT – 4 volumes
  • Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words (OT & NT)

Greek-Hebrew Resources (top)
  • Audio Pronunciation of Erasmian and Modern Greek Lexical forms 
  • Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) – Hebrew Old Testament
  • Brown, Driver & Briggs’ Hebrew definitions (abridged)
  • Brown, Driver & Briggs’ Hebrew–English Lexicon (Unabridged)
  • Englishman’s Greek Concordance
  • Englishman’s Hebrew Concordance
  • Exhaustive Strong’s Greek Dictionary with Concordance
  • Exhaustive Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary with Concordance
  • KJV + Transliteration + Strong's Greek & Hebrew Definitions
  • Nestle–Aland 27th Edition (NA27) – Greek New Testament
  • Thayer’s Greek definitions (abridged)
  • Thayer’s New Greek–English Lexicon (Unabridged)

Theology & History (top)
  • Ancient and Reformation Creeds
  • Complete Works of John Bunyan – 3 volumes
  • Complete Works of John Owen – 14 volumes
  • Complete Works of Jonathan Edwards – 2 volumes
  • Early Church Fathers – 38 volumes
  • Edersheim's The Life & Times of Jesus the Messiah, The Temple: Its Ministry and Services, Sketches of Jewish Social Life & OT History – 4 volumes
  • Foxe’s Book Of Martyrs
  • Institutes of the Christian Religion, John Calvin
  • Puritan works of Baxter, Watson, Manton, Sibbes, Flavel & more – 37 volumes
  • Summa Theologiae – Thomas Aquinas
  • Systematic Theology, Charles Finney
  • Works of Andrew Murray – 9 volumes
  • Works of John Wesley – 4 volumes
  • Works of Josephus – 3 volumes
  • Works of Martin Luther – 9 volumes

Christian Living / Devotional (top)
  • Book of Common Prayer
  • Names of God Series – 7 volumes
  • Spurgeon's Morning and Evening
  • The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis

Pastoral Helps (top)
  • 52 New Testament Sermon Starters – 4 volumes
  • A Treasury of Bible Illustrations
  • Complete Bible Discussion Guide, New Testament 
  • Complete Bible Discussion Guide, Old Testament 
  • Hard Sayings of the Bible
  • Heartwarming Bible Illustrations
  • Illustrations of Bible Truths
  • Practical Bible Illustrations from Yesterday and Today
  • Preaching Collection, Loscalzo – 3 Volumes, Preaching Sermons that Connect, Apologetic Preaching, Evangelistic Preaching 
  • Spurgeon's Encyclopedia of Sermons – 8 volumes
  • The Fundamentals of Christianity, by RA Torrey
  • Willmington's Outline Bible

Other Bible Helps (top)
  • Bible Maps
  • Bible Photo Collection
  • Bible Reading Planner
  • Biblesoft Authoring System
  • PCSB Hymnal, including audio
  • Personal Study Note Manager
  • The Moody Atlas of Bible Lands

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,071
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I also use Bible soft have since 1989 one year after they began :) I have invested thousands and my library is huge!