• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

angel_zps5d3dc6cf.jpg

My mom  described my guardian angel to me when I was young......   I found a picture of her description some time ago.     and just in case you are wondering, no I'm really not joking....

Edited by other one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

lol Not so much any more but in the past?I am sure I had them working over time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

There is no doctrine in Scripture that we have personal angels.   Their statement only shows that these early believers still had a residue of Jewish superstitions that they had not managed to discard.  Nothing in the Bible indicates that God assigns our personal angel.

Bopeep, really?    You strain at gnats and swallow camels?

Jesus was talking about multiple children so there are multiple angels involved     "Their (multiple chidlren) angels (multiple angels)"

If he said  "their angel" then that would mean they all share ONE angel.    

He didn't say that.    He said  "their angels" meaning each one has their own in heaven beholding the face of God.

Do you really not understand now the English language works?

If you see a group of kids playing with their own balls, each one having their own ball, you would say   "their balls."

If you see a group of kids playing with one ball, you would say   "their ball."

"Their angels"   like "their balls"  each one has their own.

That makes no more sense than having a rally for all of the constituents in Texas and saying the term 'their Representatives' means that each and every one of us has our own in Washington.  There is NO scriptural evidence that we each have our own angel in Heaven. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

There is no doctrine in Scripture that we have personal angels.   Their statement only shows that these early believers still had a residue of Jewish superstitions that they had not managed to discard.  Nothing in the Bible indicates that God assigns our personal angel.

Jesus was talking about multiple children so there are multiple angels involved     "Their (multiple chidlren) angels (multiple angels)"

He didn't say that.    He said  "their angels" meaning each one has their own in heaven beholding the face of God.

If you see a group of kids playing with their own balls, each one having their own ball, you would say   "their balls."

That makes no more sense than having a rally for all of the constituents in Texas and saying the term 'their Representatives' means that each and every one of us has our own in Washington.  There is NO scriptural evidence that we each have our own angel in Heaven. 

But they are the representatives of those particular constituents - their representatives -   and not the representatives of any other body of constituents and so those representatives are theirs (that is a possessive pronoun) and it means those representatives belong to them and are to pay attention to them exclusively.

I'm just at  a loss as to why simply rules of grammar don't apply to people's reading of the English language when it comes to their beliefs.

There has been an obsession with angels in our world.There have been movies and television shows featuring angels.People buy angel figurines and keep them in their homes and in their cars to pray to.This is very wrong.In fact in the Bible when people bowed down to the angels they told them not to bow down to them but only to God.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

But they are the representatives of those particular constituents - their representatives -   and not the representatives of any other body of constituents and so those representatives are theirs (that is a possessive pronoun) and it means those representatives belong to them and are to pay attention to them exclusively.

I'm just at  a loss as to why simply rules of grammar don't apply to people's reading of the English language when it comes to their beliefs.

Let's please stop the insults.... is the number one reason threads are locked or closed. If you cannot debate the subject without insults, please remove yourself from the discussion.

God Bless,

Hip

Let's please stop the insults.... is the number one reason threads are locked or closed. If you cannot debate the subject without insults, please remove yourself from the discussion.

God Bless,

Hip

You're right Hip.  I apologize.  

Edited by thereselittleflower

God Bless,

Hip

I forgive you too littleflower.

God Bless,

Hip

I forgive you too littleflower.

Thank you Bopeep.  :)

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1