• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I am curious to know how other people witness. Something I have not done lately, but God has been clearly speaking to my heart.  My pastor says to shine basically, and I know that is definitely a part of it, but I don't see how anybody relates that to Christ, unless they understand the reason for your light.  Then years ago I've been told to, (if your appropriately walking with Christ) that people will want what you have.  I guess then you must throw in mention of your faith to connect it to that.  Well, anyway, I would really like to know what other people do!  I believe people have different ways of doing it probably.  I don't believe in a one size fits all in Christianity.  Otherwise we'd all be the same.  How boring would that be!  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I live the reality of God within me and all else is as natural as breathing... Love, Steven

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

You witness by:

1. Experiencing something... and

2. Telling others about it

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

I am curious to know how other people witness. Something I have not done lately, but God has been clearly speaking to my heart.  My pastor says to shine basically, and I know that is definitely a part of it, but I don't see how anybody relates that to Christ, unless they understand the reason for your light.  Then years ago I've been told to, (if your appropriately walking with Christ) that people will want what you have.  I guess then you must throw in mention of your faith to connect it to that.  Well, anyway, I would really like to know what other people do!  I believe people have different ways of doing it probably.  I don't believe in a one size fits all in Christianity.  Otherwise we'd all be the same.  How boring would that be!  

Preach always.

When necessary use words.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

First of all you have to have a knowledge of who Christ is 1 John 1:1-3.The power of our witness is the Holy Spirit Titus 3:5.A person needs to be familiar with scripture 1 Peter 3:15.It is how I live my life.What I say and what I do Philippians 2:15.

To be the salt and light of this world Matthew 5:13.

To do what is right when no one is watching.   

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

I have a lot of friends from Moslem background, they know that I don't keep their holidays, but they proud to talk about theirs. So I listen, and ask some questions, and leave at that. 

And then, the master plan. One day I said to the one who was telling me about their holidays. Last Sunday I went to baptism!!!

O, yea, what is this, tell me about it.

Thats it the door  open, in my description of the events, I mention the Gospel of reconcilation, the forgiveness of sins, and the eternal life, and the new heavenly inheritance .

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We witness by how we live.  Actions speak louder than words.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

When I was first saved I went about condemning everyone as sinners on their way to hell and speaking bible verses at them arguing out of the law their need for Christ as Savior explaining to them that we all sin everyday all day and that we would never overcome sin but that through faith in Christs finished work on the cross we would be saved anyway.

My expeience was that people hated me and didn't want anything to do with the things I was preaching and at first this was evidence to me of the persecution I would receive as a direct result of preaching the gospel.  But one day something inside of me directed me to verses that spoke about how the common people heard him gladly,  the Jews feared Jesus because the people loved him and that even as a child he grew in favor with men.  So then I was convinced I was doing something wrong.  

I then met a man, who grew up Roman Catholic and still a member today but who disagrees with much of their teaching, who took me with him to minister to others and also counselled me daily.  I was taught how to listen to others by him and how to address their needs using scripture without quoting chapter and verse.  He taught me that once they tasted the word, even paraphrased, and were able to apply tge principles to their life they would grow hungry for more.  When the time was right we would give them a full understanding of the gospel message.  Although we were not overbearing with Romans Road we always made sure that those we ministered unto knew that we did it out of love for God through Christ.

We were careful not to condemn but rather to point out the full affects of sin in the peoples lives by sharing our own experience, what we were like,  what happened, and what we are like now.  The message was always that power over sin comes through the Spirit of God through Christ but those words only come when we are able to demonstraight that power through works.

I still minister this way to this day.  I find that most people are not repulsed by my preaching any longer though they do not care for knowing they cannot deliver themselves from sin.  None of us do!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

So I assume that these are people who already know you that you both are talking about.  Know you go to church/ are a christian.  What about those who don't know that?  As I said in my OP, how can somebody connect it to that without knowing why you are exhibiting that salt and light. 

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

So I assume that these are people who already know you that you both are talking about.  Know you go to church/ are a christian.  What about those who don't know that?  As I said in my OP, how can somebody connect it to that without knowing why you are exhibiting that salt and light. 

I believe in living the life, yet i believe in saying it... :)