• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

1Ti 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18  That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19  Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
1Ti 6:20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21  Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So what do you do with one who insists they are always right and refuse to listen to other points of view, treating them as incorrect for the sole reason that they differ from their own fleshly opinion?

2ignor-1_zps6e116a69.gif

thinking.gif what does the Bible say about anger?

you're picking on me again aren't you  1igore.gif   there, is that better.  :P

Edited by other one

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

So what do you do with one who insists they are always right and refuse to listen to other points of view, treating them as incorrect for the sole reason that they differ from their own fleshly opinion?

2ignor-1_zps6e116a69.gif

Picking on you?Is that what you call it?Apparently ignorance is bliss in your case.Or denial.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Ok, so what if it's just in simple conversation or discussion, and they refuse to allow others to disagree with them without belittling them in some way, or just being plain cruel.  I don't call that Christian behaviour, either.  How would you respond to this kind of person?

(Oh, and OtherOne, I shall never ignore you or be angry with you or pick on you.  And Peepers I am woefully ignorant much of the time.  Or is that blissfully unawares?  Take your pic :P )

Edited by *Zion*

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Ok, so what if it's just in simple conversation or discussion, and they refuse to allow others to disagree with them without belittling them in some way, or just being plain cruel.  I don't call that Christian behaviour, either.  How would you respond to this kind of person?

(Oh, and OtherOne, I shall never ignore you or be angry with you or pick on you.  And Peepers I am woefully ignorant much of the time.  Or is that blissfully unawares?  Take your pic :P )

I usually just find another topic or something else to do. :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

2ignor-1_zps6e116a69.gif

Just as Other One stated; for the Apostle Paul said it this way:  17)  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.   18)  For they that are such serve not the Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.   Romans 16:17-18    He also stated the following:   14)  And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.   15)  Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.    II Thessalonians 3:14-15  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Yes, I agree.  We should be avoiding arguments, but some of the brethren don't seem to care at all for others, and show this in the very way they interact.  We should all consider what example we are setting as Christians.  Not just serving ourselves; making ourselves feel better by stomping all over those we deem somehow less important. Which is crazy.  That is just nothing less than self-centredness, and we should all be Christ-centred, or we have a big problem.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Yes, I agree.  We should be avoiding arguments, but some of the brethren don't seem to care at all for others, and show this in the very way they interact.  We should all consider what example we are setting as Christians.  Not just serving ourselves; making ourselves feel better by stomping all over those we deem somehow less important. Which is crazy.  That is just nothing less than self-centredness, and we should all be Christ-centred, or we have a big problem.

Amen Zion, there is a whole lot of truth in what you have said. 

• Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

One of the most perverse aspects of human nature is persisting in error even after receiving the truth.  A glaring example which is fresh in everyone's mind in the Pope's visit and the things he has said and done. In the past the Pope has said that he believes in the Big Bang and Evolution. He has also taken up the banner of "climate change".  But it is not just the Pope and the Catholic Church which persist in error even after they have received the truth. 

There are thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) who read the Bible but then come up with their own fantasies regarding what it says such as (a) there are two creation accounts, (b) Adam and Eve were not real historical people, (c) there was a creation before creation, etc.  Then there are the Atheists who say there is no God, but deliberately fail to see a connection between Creation and the Creator. 

One of the things which Christians must constantly guard against is to persist in error even after the truth is presented. There are a host of Scriptures which plainly reveal that Jesus is God, yet you will find people ignoring them or denying their significance.  We should always remember that if we choose darkness over light, we will receive more darkness.  That is why there are so many blind leading the blind. And you know where they end up.

Amen, Ezra.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

2ignor-1_zps6e116a69.gif

Use the ignore feature on their posts if you see some people persisting error on Worthy.

If you see people persisting in error on TV, change the channel.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

Edited by KPaulG